• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Yerba Mate! Mega merged thread.

Hey! I did not know that mate was so popular among bluelighters!

Im from Uruguay and here is more common than in Argentina, is a cultural thing you know..

I do prefer mate than coffee beacuse of it long lasting effects (energy and concentration) but also it depends on the kind of Yerba you are drinking.
For example, if I have to get up early in the morning to study and have to read long books, I will drink a kind of Yerba that really help me focusing and staying awake, but if I'm going to play soccer I do drink Guarana yerba mate, that is made from a natural energised called Guarana..

regards

I've never had Guarana with mate but I have some CBSE brand mate which has Guarana in it. I've only had Guarana in energy drinks like red bull the few times I drank those.

I sometimes drink mate that has burro/burrito the Argentine herb in it, and Cedron/lemon verbena.

I have read about yerba mate because of its weight loss effect. I have not tried it though. Anyone who tried it and actually lose the excess weight?

I didn't lose excess weight, I did eat less, and it does speed up your metabolism. Also for me, mate will completely cut off my appetite more than caffeine or low doses of Dexedrine do so I force myself to eat before I drink mate or while I drink it.

Last edited:
I enjoy all types or brands of Yerba mate I have tried, except for the extremely smokey barbacua type yerba. It does not taste as good to me, but I have friends who love this style of Yerba mate.

Guayusa also tastes great but it is more expensive, and it used to be inexpensive and the stash tea company would sell it.