• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Y'all mix your methadone with other stuff?

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
umm it seems that it doesnt completely help with my h wd as in i still get muscle pains, anxiety, feel super weak and a bit depressed, socially anxious as hell, so have you mixed it with, for example, pregabalin, seroquel, ibuprofen, etc.
I remember feeling much better when i used to do that but idk if it's safe cuz dr said no....

Sounds like you need your dose raised. The right dose of methadone will completely substitute for heroin and not only remove withdrawals completely, but will get you high.

Pregabalin will potentiate opioids so it could be dangerous. Not sure about seroquel, but ibouprofen would be safe, I don't see how it would make much difference though. Benzos would probably be the most dangerous thing to mix it with.

Ah, yes. Doctor told me to raise my dose aswell, but i hesitate alot bc i seen methadone wd its much longer and more painful than dope wd, if u have already done this, how long did it take u to lower your dose? i was doing about half a gram iv of white a day and now im taking about 30 mgs of methadone which is about one whole pill haha, i have a friend that needs like 4 but she does three times as much dope as i was doing and mixes it with alcohol no cap and omg she looks like absolute shit she looks about 20 years older than she actually is

It just sounds like your dose is too low. In olden times they used to get ppl off methadone by switching them to oxy for the very end of the taper.

This is not done for anymore but I've always switched to short acting opioids (fent or oxy) at the end of my tapers from bupe and done to jump off.

You have to be super motivated to not abuse the fent or oxy to finish the taper right though.

I was using time release fent patches to i don't imagine it would be that easy with instant release fent.

Ooof... sometimes when white was not available i used to shoot fent, oxys, roxys, dilaudids, yeah those would do the opposite of motivate me, haha. I use tramadol or codeine for the end of my taper but doctor says those will cause me to have seizures, and that i should just keep lowering the methadone dose instead but man i really hate methadone for many reasons... i rather stop the seizures by using any gaba with the tramadol. Something that always makes me relapse is that my dealer is my friend and she lives walking distance from me, plus i have a roommate who is a cunt and likes to use in front of me while im detoxing

Wait, so i'm not supposed to be in pain and feeling all weak while on methadone? is this because my dose is too low? do you not end up falling asleep all day if you take a larger dose? Bc sometimes i do, and it's exactly what im trying to avoid cause i gotta do stuff and that shit wont let me....

Wait, so i'm not supposed to be in pain and feeling all weak while on methadone? is this because my dose is too low? do you not end up falling asleep all day if you take a larger dose? Bc sometimes i do, and it's exactly what im trying to avoid cause i gotta do stuff and that shit wont let me....
30mg is a really low dose for maintenance if you were doing half a gram a day.

I mean I've heard people being held right at 80mg when they had a bad habit, or like 100mg, or sometimes higher.

But 30mg is closer to like a standard pain relief dose of methadone. Like they give out the 10mg pills to patients.

My understanding of methadone is that a way higher dose than 30mg is needed.

I've taken it before, never been on it for maintenance, but I've been around it alot.

Each pill i have is 40 mg, when i take one half i feel great, but i keep using 1/4 because of many reasons, mainly cuz my clinic is out of stock and im rationing what i have... that sucks, most of my friends from the clinic have already relapsed cause they finished what they had. I dont want that to happen to me. Idk. I have enough but maybe not...

Each pill i have is 40 mg, when i take one half i feel great, but i keep using 1/4 because of many reasons, mainly cuz my clinic is out of stock and im rationing what i have... that sucks, most of my friends from the clinic have already relapsed cause they finished what they had. I dont want that to happen to me. Idk. I have enough but maybe not...
Wait why the fuck is your clinic out of stock? That's bs and should never happen.

Is this clinic your only option? I would go to a new one if I could, because fuck that. 1 they're not giving you enough and 2 they ran out.

In this country heroin is not popular. There are about 4 clinics in the whole country. Luckily i live close to one. They ran oit because their provider does not give a fuck, basically. My options include getting a script for bupe, or going to another state, aka another clinic... thats a hell naw for me. More than 8 hours on a shit bus. Hell to the no. I know this cuz i already done it, hahaha. In that case id rather get dope. Right now, with every passing minute, i really feel like calling my dealer, man. It used to make me so sad, now i cant afford to give a fuck.

You need to up your dose i did that when i had a idea to do a quick methadone taper to get of heroin someone told me 10 ml did nothing to touch it had to raise it until i found right dose . If you got pregabalin fuck the methadone off and just use the pregabs if never addicted to them they will take all the wd away

Yeah I've been on methadone maintainence for five years now. Trust me when I say that 30mg is too low. I'm not sure what state you're in but you should have the option to increase by 5 mg's every day until you get to 50mg's, or maybe even higher depending on the particular clinic. And no reputable clinic should EVER run out of their dose. So either that clinic is complete shit or the nurse is lying to you. Either way, methadone helped me so much. I was shooting white powder H, Dilaudid and the occasional Opana ir. I live a functional life now. So I hate to hear about a clinic running like shit and misleading patients.

Are u saying lyricas really take all the wd away? Sounds too good to be true, i mean they make me feel better yeah but almost all the time i mix them with low doses of opiates. I had a friend who took a whole box and said it did nothig for him, he was using tar. They worked for me by themselves when i had tapered down to a single tramadol a day.

Yeah I've been on methadone maintainence for five years now. Trust me when I say that 30mg is too low. I'm not sure what state you're in but you should have the option to increase by 5 mg's every day until you get to 50mg's, or maybe even higher depending on the particular clinic. And no reputable clinic should EVER run out of their dose. So either that clinic is complete shit or the nurse is lying to you. Either way, methadone helped me so much. I was shooting white powder H, Dilaudid and the occasional Opana ir. I live a functional life now. So I hate to hear about a clinic running like shit and misleading patients.

I call them every week to see if they have any and they always say that their provider is shit. This had not happened in four years. By the way, did you ever try working out while on methadone? im afraid to do so cuz i feel my heart going really fast after a light jog...

Yes but it took me a while to get used to the methadone. I used to get really nauseus and would nod alot. After like a year I felt normal. I still nod sometimes, that's unavoidable with such a potent full agonist but very seldom do I feel nausea and I can workout like I did when I was 17. Try not to take your dose on an empty stomach. If you up your dose you will feel much more relief but the symptoms I described above will also likely get stronger. Maybe take it slow while your body adjusts.

For legal & safety reasons….nearly every clinic will start you at 30mg daily, then increase dosage until patient is “stable” free from withdrawal and comfortable (not impaired or sedated i.e. too much )

I started on 30mg and worked up to 80mg

50-80 is usually sufficient

100-150mg is considered a “large dose”

150-300mg is heavy but not totally uncommon

For legal & safety reasons….nearly every clinic will start you at 30mg daily, then increase dosage until patient is “stable” free from withdrawal and comfortable (not impaired or sedated i.e. too much )

I started on 30mg and worked up to 80mg

50-80 is usually sufficient

100-150mg is considered a “large dose”

150-300mg is heavy but not totally uncommon
Oh wow really? i thought the point was to gradually taper down. In my clinic i was first given the largest amount needed and then i have been slowly tapering down. I am now on like 20-30 mgs a day. But i could never do without them. I would instantly relapse. And this is the longest ive managed to stay off dope for many many years. Im honestly scared of screwing up again.
to anyone who has stopped taking it altogether, would u mind sharing that with me? like how did it go, was it painful, etc etc

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a friend that takes about 200 mgs a day. She only does two grams iv daily but its hella strong stuff so yeah. Still i think more than 100mgs a day is hella exaggerated and no one should need that much unless u an absolute fiend with like fent or really pure china

Yes, you are correct….the idea is to gradually taper down until you’re opioid free

They start you low for safety, then increase until you’re free from withdrawal and stable….so you can lead a productive life, not occupied with scoring junk, blowing all your money on illicit opioids or causing crime to score.

Then you gradually taper down until free from opioids…

Last edited: