• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

xylazine - anybody know anything?

ifonly

Bluelighter
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xylazine

it says its an analgesic, sedative, and muscle relaxant. analgesic = painkiller, plus muscle relaxant...sounds like potential, no?

i know it says for animal use only, but ketamine began that way also

does anybdy have any info in this? could it possibly be fun, or useful in any way??

cheers guys

This part:
"An analogue of clonidine, it is an agonist at the α2 class of adrenergic receptor."
leads me to think it has little to no recreational potential.
Ever taken clonidine? Bleh.

But in all honesty, I have no idea what I'm talking about. For all I know someone might come along next and post that its a huge drug of abuse in Fiji and is super euphoric.

johanneschimpo said:
This part:
"An analogue of clonidine, it is an agonist at the α2 class of adrenergic receptor."
leads me to think it has little to no recreational potential.
Ever taken clonidine? Bleh.

But in all honesty, I have no idea what I'm talking about. For all I know someone might come along next and post that its a huge drug of abuse in Fiji and is super euphoric.

i actually like clonidine. no its not a benzo but it does work for anxiety .

^ I suppose liking it because it helps anxiety is one thing, but would you (you, personally) take it to get high? (I hope not)

Was given clonidine in hospital to reduce hypertension (after acute serotonin syndrome). Apparantly it is so potent that after a weeks treatment one has to taper off it by 1/8 tablets extended over another 16 days or dangerous blood pressures can suddenly erupt. Would not touch on a recreational level.

Last edited:
There's really no "recreational level" for these drugs. Unless you find intense sedation recreational.

There is a story of a woman who gave it to her bipolar kids (in massive doses) to keep them quiet (they'd sleep 16 hours a day).

After babysitting a few times, I can see how that'd be 'recreational' ;)

Alpha-2 agonidsts activate the noradrenergic autoreceptor, so it's like stepping on the noradrenaline brake like in an emergency stop. As the motor (activity leading to noradrenergic stimulation, pre synaptically) is still running, that's why the rebound can be so dangerous

i took some orally, just a small amount, to check.

i slept for about 40 hours

it seems that this is essentially useless, however if i ever get horrible horrible withdrawals i suppose i could at least just knock myself out for the worst of it

thanx guys

40 fucking hours of sleep? Are you serious man?
If you are indeed serious i gotta get some!

your welcome to take mine :p 3ml orally fucked me royally and its like a 100ml bottle or summin

now if only i had the cash and resources to secure a solid addiction, i could use this to withdraw...genius

Xylazine is known as tranqualizer in Puerto Rico. There was just an episode on Drugs Inc in part on this drug. It's highly addictive, started out being used to cut H with, now it's sold in it's own right as it's addictive. Seems like a massive dope high. The major drug dealers in Puerto Rico are wanting this drug bannned from illegal sales as ppl are dropping dead from it, it's hugely potent.

I watched on TV as they injected a horse with it and within 10 sec's the horse was sucking his own dick, nodding heavily. It was amazing to see the effects it had on a ?2K lb animal?
Titus

xylazine does have a rebonud effect but it's not what i would call addictive or euphoric.

related drug is clonidine, whiich is used to sedate people in opioid withdrawal.

There's really no "recreational level" for these drugs. Unless you find intense sedation recreational.

I've never experienced this effect on a2A agonists, but I understand that sedation is supposed to be one of their pharmacologic signatures, along with lower blood pressure (?). Then again, I've only ever taken clonidine and guanfacine - perhaps xylazine is a different animal.

i took some orally, just a small amount, to check.

i slept for about 40 hours

it seems that this is essentially useless, however if i ever get horrible horrible withdrawals i suppose i could at least just knock myself out for the worst of it

thanx guys

What was your dose? I think clonidine is active in the sub-milligram range so you might have just taken way too much. I find clonidine on its own to be useless for anything besides treating mild anxiety or insomnia and acting as a opioid potentiator. This xylazine probably would be very helpful for was too.

I've never heard anything recreational about xylazine, and due to it's action, I'd be surprised to. There is a reason it is added to veterinary formulations of tiletamine. . .and it ain't to prevent "abuse". It just does it's job really well.

Edit- but then again I've never heard of any first person trials of xylazine. Just people bitching about it giving complete amnesia to their attempts with telazol. Which might be a good thing ;)

I've never heard anything recreational about xylazine, and due to it's action, I'd be surprised to. There is a reason it is added to veterinary formulations of tiletamine. . .and it ain't to prevent "abuse". It just does it's job really well.

Edit- but then again I've never heard of any first person trials of xylazine. Just people bitching about it giving complete amnesia to their attempts with telazol. Which might be a good thing ;)

This...

Xylazine.....

Yeah, i saw this shit on drug inc.

Crazy as hell, i found it for sale all over the internet, i almost ordered some, then i realized, i still have my dignity....

I found one report on Erowid saying he used 10 mg of the stuff, while another said 150mg. I also found a toxicity report saying "the dosages known to produce toxicity in humans vary from 40 mg up to 2400 mg". There is also another thread on here proclaiming 2 to 20 mg. So to be honest I'm unsure, but maybe someone else has a more definitive answer?

There has to be something special to xylazine when it is used as a recreational drug, some yet unknown binding site or whatever. As has been said before, while clonidine has good medicinal value, it doesn't have any recreative potential at all. And if these statements of humans accidentally ingesting xylazine requiring aspiration are true, it has to act differently... clonidine afaik is very safe as it is used in microgram dose and tolerated at several mg and more. With dose escalating it might provoke hypertension due to stimulation of other adrenergic receptors, but no way for breath deprivation.

Apparently it is a local anesthetic too with potency above procaine (according to wikipedia) and they use tolazoline (an adrenergic receptor antagonist) - a sympatholytic on its own - to reverse the xylazine induced sedation ... sounds like a crazy combination somewhat, but it's used widely and has to work.

Last edited: