• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Harm Reduction (XTC) Question about any interaction with SJW!

LonelyMrSoloDolo

Greenlighter
Hi,

So earlier today I tried half an X, it didn’t hit me very much, I remembered I had tried this Floradix SJW tea and I thought that was why, so I stopped trying to roll.

This might seem funny to some of you, but I’ve never mixed anything that acts like an SSRI/MAOI and Stims. I last drunk this tea earlier this week, could be Tuesday-Friday. I’ve had scarier moments but at least I knew what to expect in those situations, this is one where I don’t know.

Am I at any risk for any serotonin syndrome or adverse effects? I feel fine now, lasy ingested about 10 hours ago, earlier I just felt tired and some slight weird sensations in my body, nothing like any twitching, but that could just be anxiety as well.

the hypochondriac in me keeps worrying.

Would appreciate some thoughts

St. Johns Wart will not somehow prevent MDMA from working, but unless you've been continually taking it for awhile I don't think much risk here.

But your concern regarding serotonin syndrome is not unfounded. It's better to be anxious and observant of such dangers than to be oblivious to them.

In my experience the first signs of SS are tachycardia (>100bpm), very noticeable agitation and restlessness (inability to sit still or feel comfortable in any position or activity), odd mental changes (feeling extremely ADD or confused), bodily temperature changes (feeling hot/cold), minor tremors, and also including weird physical sensations, particularly goosebumps which is a telling symptom.

These symptoms can be difficult to distinguish from a stimulant drug you've just used, but it's good to be aware of them.

Serotonin syndrome will manifest between 1-2 hours after dosing the drug which triggers it, and may continue to progress to the point where you can no longer call for help in extreme cases, so it's important to recognize it early.

Nothing wrong with being a hypochondriac, better safe than sorry.

But I think you're fine here. I would not mix St. Johns Wart with serotonergic drugs in general, though, especially if you take it every day.

St. Johns Wart will not somehow prevent MDMA from working, but unless you've been continually taking it for awhile I don't think much risk here.

But your concern regarding serotonin syndrome is not unfounded. It's better to be anxious and observant of such dangers than to be oblivious to them.

In my experience the first signs of SS are tachycardia (>100bpm), very noticeable agitation and restlessness (inability to sit still or feel comfortable in any position or activity), odd mental changes (feeling extremely ADD or confused), bodily temperature changes (feeling hot/cold), minor tremors, and also including weird physical sensations, particularly goosebumps which is a telling symptom.

These symptoms can be difficult to distinguish from a stimulant drug you've just used, but it's good to be aware of them.

Serotonin syndrome will manifest between 1-2 hours after dosing the drug which triggers it, and may continue to progress to the point where you can no longer call for help in extreme cases, so it's important to recognize it early.

Nothing wrong with being a hypochondriac, better safe than sorry.

But I think you're fine here. I would not mix St. Johns Wart with serotonergic drugs in general, though, especially if you take it every day.
I appreciate the detailed reply. I’ve had SJW in the past but only recently had it a few times, which is lucky

The M did work but it was much weaker than it normally was, no euphoria

Truthfully my heart rate is always 80-110bpm, higher end when I’m feeling shit.

It’s been 16+ hours since I last dosed the X so looks like I’m good there? 😂

I think I’ll be ok but is there any chance MJ could cause any adverse reactions? Because thats something I have to have daily and a lot

🖤🖤

Last edited: