• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Xtampza how to beat it

My GOD, really?

I’m going to speak very slowly, say hand in with me here….

Requirements:
1 microwave friendly coffee cup
6 ounces of WATER

Not coconut blended water with honey. Not glacial water with acetone. Not mr Bob’s special fizzy drink.

WATER. Tap water, bottled water… whatever.

1 - Put WATER into CUP
2 - BOIL WATER + and extra minute
3 - Empty contents of Xtampza into BOILING water right out of microwave.

Xtampza is now DEFEATED. All those delicately engineered spheres are DISSOLVED. You will see and oil slick of dissolved polymer on top of cup. The oxy glides gently to the bottom never to be bother by those little spheres again.

COOL LIQUID DOWN to comfortable drinking temperature. DRINK IT ALL.

You will feel rush of Oxy in about 30 seconds

Hint: Why does this work? The polymer melts at 186 Deg F… Water BOILS at 212 Deg F

My God, has this really never been posted?

I can second this exact method. Have done it several times. The key is heat it til the liquid is all completely clear like water. Takes 30 to 45 seconds of heat typically. Also, after it cools too much it gets milky looking, if that happens heat it til it clears up. Don't drink it unless it's clear. Kinda gotta blow on it til you can get it down but can't take too long
This worked out well for me as well.

This worked out well for me as well.
I’ve been taking this for close to a year now, the xtampza 18 mg. At my next appt. they may be giving me a bit of a choice to switch to the MS Contin 30 or 60 mg. I don’t have a lot of experience with the MS. Suppose I just pop them normal, every 12 hours. Would I be wise to stay with the Xtampza 18 or jump at the chance of the MS Contin 30 or 60 (assuming I just take them normal, to enjoy the euphoria of course). I was thinking even as inconsistent as the xtampza are, they may still be better in the euphoria category than the MS ? Or I’d need to get an MS way up to 100 or 200mg to equal the Xtampza 18mg in the euphoria category?

My GOD, really?

Requirements:
6 ounces of WATER

Not coconut blended water with honey. Not glacial water with acetone. Not mr Bob’s special fizzy drink.

1 - Put WATER into CUP

Xtampza is now DEFEATED. All those delicately engineered spheres are DISSOLVED. You will see and oil slick of dissolved polymer on top of cup. The oxy glides gently to the bottom never to be bother by those little spheres again.

Hint: Why does this work? The polymer melts at 186 Deg F… Water BOILS at 212 Deg F

I sure hope this works. I've been on another med that was easy to crush but had to switch this time for a month I just drank it down and waiting. Does it matter if you cool the hot mixture down with cold water to be able to drink it? I think I got it all, but not sure I'm feeling much after 5 or 10 minutes. Please tell me this'll work!!

My GOD, really?

Requirements:
6 ounces of WATER

1 - Put WATER into CUP

Does this work for iv use as well

My GOD, really?

Requirements:
6 ounces of WATER

1 - Put WATER into CUP

Does this go for iv use as well

The oil method works effectively, I have done it several times, it’s not quite as effective as instant release oral oxycodone but I’d say it’s about 80% which is much better than the 12 hour formulation unless you need sustained relief. Any oil works heat until dissolved, allow to cool only enough to not burn you so the wax does not re-solidify.

For oxycodone and hydrocodone oral has a high bioavailability. There is no reason to IV hydrocodone or oxycodone.

If the boiling water method works and dissolves the polymer and if that sets the oxy free from the polymer then it shouldn’t be able to go back to ER right? It should stay in suspension, right?

Never had sucess to have enough good liquid from xtampza matrix.If you wanna more quick rush chewing or crushin and pop the tablet will result with faster onset.but not proper for slammin these

I tried the olive oil method and it worked perfectly. I dumped the contents of the capsule into an empty tablespoon. I covered it with Extra Virgin Olive Oil - not filling up the tablespoon - just covering the "powder." I'll use even less oil next time. I heated the tablespoon over a small tealight candle. It took a couple of minutes of heating and the contents of the capsule disolved leaving the olive oil looking clear like it would without anything in it. The oil was not too hot but the spoon was very hot from being directly over the candle so I waited a couple of minutes - blowing on it like I would a spoonful of hot soup - and then swallowed the contents when the spoon cooled enough. If I hadn't taken it when I did, I think it would have started to get "milky" from cooling as another person mentioned. The next time I try this method, I'll do everything the same except I'll pour the contents of the original hot spoon into a regular spoon. I'll make sure the 2nd spoon isn't cold so it doesn't cause the oil to cool and become milky - I just don't want to wait for the spoon to cool. I think this method worked great. There is certainly no need to use much olive oil - I think a teaspoon would be enough. I just heate it in a tablespoon so I had some extra room. I did stir or swirl the oil with a toothpick and that seemed to help as well. This was my first experience with Xtampza. I only got it because I could not find any of my normal 30 mg "blues" but this worked just fine. Thanks to everyone for the suggestions and tips.

I sure hope this works. I've been on another med that was easy to crush but had to switch this time for a month I just drank it down and waiting. Does it matter if you cool the hot mixture down with cold water to be able to drink it? I think I got it all, but not sure I'm feeling much after 5 or 10 minutes. Please tell me this'll work!!
Did it work?

First time posting so forgive any rules I am not aware of. My experience with this goes as follows.
1. dumped the micro beads into a tin cap (anything fire proof preferably metal 3-4 inches wide.)
2. added a tablespoon of coconut oil.
3. used a lighter to heat the underside of the tin. You could also set it on top of a glass candle. The micro beads melted into a liquid into the oil. It didn't turn to a waxy goop or clump. It was pure liquid. Swallowed it down and it hit in 15-20 min just like an IR would.
This was not a lengthy process and does not require waiting 24 hours. Start to finish it took 10 min tops.
Late to the party to reply but hopefully this helps somebody.
This (olive) oil method worked for me too. I didn't think it was going to because I felt very little after 20 minutes. Then all of the sudden it hit and I was feeling great!
I did heat the oil too much the first time and nearly burned the piss out of my tongue, so a word of caution there. The second time (30 minutes ago) I stopped heating the oil soon after the contents of the caplets clarified, blew on the mixture a few times, then shot it down. The oil will taste like the medicine, but at least you know it is there. I am curious to know if anyone has trie this method with Canola oil as it has a higher smoke point (400F/204.4C) than Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Unrefined Virgin Coconut Oil (both are 350F/177C).

Is there any information on how to circumvent the abuse-deterrent formulation, I ,was previously on ms contin and didnt try to seperate it because it worked fine for pain in its normal form, but because I met the criteria for being switched (under 40yrs old and on long term opiods) the doctor changed it, but xtampza doesnt work and doctor wont change it back. So I thought the only way to get the pain relife he needs is to seperate it, or anyone have any suggestions on what I could say to my dr to change his mind?
I have been conducting experiments on how to separate the oxycodone. I have tried both methods described up here.
The first was using boiling water. At first it appears the wax beads melt. One would think the oxycodone would be released at this point. Settling to the bottom. As the water cools you have wax floating. Removing the wax and tasting the water. There is no bitter taste of oxycodone. I have repeated this more than once. My conclusion is the oxycodone is not separating from the wax.
The second method was using oil. I used olive oil. After heating the mixture of beads and oil. You can see the beads melt and disappear right into the oil. After allowing it to cool enough so as to not burn my tongue. I was able to taste. It definitely had a strong bitter taste. You have to drink this mixture while it is still quite warm. So the wax does not harden.
I was able to achieve an oxycodone high in a relatively short period of time.
My overall conclusion. Neither method separates the oxycodone from the wax. Because when it cools and reforms the oxy is still locked within. But by drinking it when it is completely melted. You have immediate access to the oxy.
The ideal solution. Would be to find something that maintains the waxy beads in a liquid state.
Maybe a chemist will come along and offer some professional help.

This (olive) oil method worked for me too. I didn't think it was going to because I felt very little after 20 minutes. Then all of the sudden it hit and I was feeling great!
I did heat the oil too much the first time and nearly burned the piss out of my tongue, so a word of caution there. The second time (30 minutes ago) I stopped heating the oil soon after the contents of the caplets clarified, blew on the mixture a few times, then shot it down. The oil will taste like the medicine, but at least you know it is there. I am curious to know if anyone has trie this method with Canola oil as it has a higher smoke point (400F/204.4C) than Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Unrefined Virgin Coconut Oil (both are 350F/177C).
I been doing for almost 2 years I use clear coconut oil (mct) the flavorless one that stays liquid. I also don't use a spoon anymore there are these 20 ml glass vails at 1.25 store (doller store they come in a 4 pack. If you use barely any oil you faced with same issue you might as well just heat the powder it will melt I take 36mg capsules dump in the vail and fill 1/4 oil. I then use a torch lighted to heat until clear. Make sure to vent cap it will build pressure. If done correctly you can hold the bottle with bare hands towards the top. After it goes clear fill rest of bottle with oil and shake. It's gunna now look cloudy. I've heated back clear before but at this point don't notice a difference.If your on Keto diet xtampza will work a lot better if not make sure to take with healthy fatty food like avocado to increase the bioavailability.

Never had sucess to have enough good liquid from xtampza matrix.If you wanna more quick rush chewing or crushin and pop the tablet will result with faster onset.but not proper for slammin these
If course it's not to be slammed it's bees wax. The way you describe are you sure you ever seen a xtampza it's a capsule of microbeads of wax infused with oxy. So crushing and chewing will do nothing. The manufacturer even says you can dump the capsule on your food.

For oxycodone and hydrocodone oral has a high bioavailability. There is no reason to IV hydrocodone or oxycodone.
Exactly iving gives you 5 second rush then barely anything else. I do crush and sniff I don't know why when I know it doesn't last as long. But it does come on faster. IV is a waste. Opana it is only one that IV seemed halfway worth. I stopped using IV Method of anything 7 years ago I used to IV coke everyday and went to rehab where I learned there setting you up for failure. Things still in your head at any drug use will put you right back to where you started if someone drills that in your head of course. I was able to stop I mean cocaine and still use it it was the hardest thing I ever did in my life but it is possible without the brainwashing

If course it's not to be slammed it's bees wax. The way you describe are you sure you ever seen a xtampza it's a capsule of microbeads of wax infused with oxy. So crushing and chewing will do nothing. The manufacturer even says you can dump the capsule on your food.
understand.....or may be i had never seen xtampza.absolutely possible.....yes infused with(not just mixed)-no we have no xtampza here and i never saw such capsules only heard about it....and i think,that without excellent knowledge of chemistry and lab equipment u can't do nothing.just pop the pill like it used to be.

Last edited: