• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Xenon, potential applications for me/cfs and other diseases

im basically ready to go in an hour or so...

i got some boost oxygen to fill up balloons halfway with, although its fairly wide mouthed, no nozzle, so i hope its possible to get into the balloon. then we put the regulator on the xenon tank and fill out the rest of the balloon and i huff
Godspeed you black Emperor!!!!

if you do this right and it works, maybe consider starting a business. i know im going try it eventually when its accessible

You'd need to be breathing pure xenon for several minutes before you'd deplete all the oxygen in your body. Breathing from balloons is safest because even if you do lose consciousness you will naturally start breathing air as soon as your reflexes kick in.

I personally would not worry about mixing it with O2, just don't rebreathe it for too long without going back to room air.

However, boost oxygen cans are wide-mouthed, and theres no way to get the oxygen in the can into a balloon.
There's always a way... maybe you need to think outside the box and stretch a glove over the gas outlet, cut a finger off, and voila?

how the fuck can I obtain oxygen
If you can buy xenon it shouldn't be too hard to get a lecture bottle of oxygen too though.

Wow, seems like xenon has some pretty pronounced effects. Sounds nice. :) How does it compare to nitrous?

can you send me some to try??
sure i'll send u an eighth bro , lemme just bag it up lol

the distributor i used is closer to u than to me. not that it matters as they ship

My assessment on whether this could be useful for me/cfs. In my case, I have severe cci (which entails mechanical compression of the brainstem and ongoing injury from that) and severe ME/CFS, so it is not a matter of decreasing glutamate a little and resetting the pain and general issues for good. so I really dont think this gas that lasts 40 minutes is a plausible cure for the severe cases, although it might really help their progress if money wasnt an issue and they had long anesthetic level sessions with it with a real medical setup.

but for moderate or mild me/cfs I could see a few sessions with a balloon of this helping a lot.

in terms of simple palliation of symptoms, its the single best thing ive ever found. ive tried opoids for pain, benzos for the wired-tired feeling and sound sensitivity, ketamine for sound sensitivity and pain, and this combines the best qualities of all of those. Unlike ketamine, which actually seems to make adrenergic stuff a little worse (i still take it bc its the only pain medication i got), this obliterates any adrenergic feeling (not just cognitive anxiety, but any feeling of "on edge" in the body one gets, which i get from certain toxins). ketamine has never done that. and it produces similar or better pain relief and sound sensitivity relief, in fact it makes me just want to bathe in sound/music. when it wears off it is almost like coming from heaven back to a sick body and unfortunate because its like a God took away every negative sensation and it came back.

it supposedly increases cerebral blood flow too...

i will be sad when i run out of it. if money isnt a consideration, and maybe there are some rich people on this board, xenon will be the best palliative with least side effects u could ever get. It really is like a taste of heaven. but so transient

I want more :((((

I have more and I already want more. I would spend years worth of paychecks on xenon probably. It's a miracle drug. It's better than ketamine. I want to convince my doctors to buy it in bulk and start using it in their offices

I have more and I already want more. I would spend years worth of paychecks on xenon probably. It's a miracle drug. It's better than ketamine. I want to convince my doctors to buy it in bulk and start using it in their offices

Was just thinking about this thread.
Have you noticed any long term effects (positive or negative)? Or is it pretty much back to normal once it wears off (you mentioned it being very short lasting)?

debored13, what do you mean by wanting more and its a miracle drug? miracle drug for what?? what did you use it initially for? how much does it actually help compared to other meds. for example, comparison to ketamine, how does it fair really? also, did you ever even use ketamine or you base this on the many positive studies ketamine effects are based on.

also, did you ever even use ketamine or you base this on the many positive studies ketamine effects are based on.
I'm prescribed ketamine and use it often. Cant elaborate on 5he rest though. When I say miracle drug it helps with pain, mood, and neurological damage but it can't undo spinal /joint injuries which is the source of my pain so in my case I cant sy the effect is very long lasting but given how deep the relief is and certain intangible aspects of it I have. a hunch with some more minor chronic fatigue or pain or mood issues it could achieve lasting relief just from a few intensive sessions tbh.

After trying nitrous oxide a couple times I can attest that it's not nearly as helpful for pain or me/cfs symptoms in general as xenon. It's too bad it's so much cheaper than xenon. Xenon is so much more powerful and the effects so much deeper and longer lasting. A few people have said that xenon is basically a more expensive nitrous but I dont 5think that's fair

Nitrous oxide is just totally inferior to xenon. And that is without getting into the comparison of toxicity bc for example I have certainly not done enough nitrous to have b 12 deficiency or neuropathy ,but that could happen with regular nitrous us... would never happen with regular xenon use

The effects from a xenon session , both the acute and the afterglow 3effects, I estimate being about 5 times longer lasting than a similar dose of nitrous. Also the qualitative or quantitative effects on pain and mood relief and general trippiness are like 5 x deeper with xenon than nitrous. I could do a blind test and identify xenon over nitrous any day with a balloon full , even without the voice trick

If biden issues another stimulus check I'm buying xenon. No doubt about it. since he's na austerity guy/deficit hawk and the election is over dount he will tho and even so would be months . In which.case I may already be in switzerland for euthanasia

A little birdy passing by my window told me that the new series of Hamilton's Pharmacopeia will have an episode dedicated to xenon and its effects.

would never happen with regular xenon use
To be fair we don't know what, if anything, will happen with long-term usage of xenon. There simply haven't been enough data points - it costs a lot to have one session of Xe inhalation. Without any sort of system to recycle the gas you would need to spend an impressive amount to have a serious binge, let alone a multi-day (or longer) "campaign" of inhalations.

also I merged a whole bunch of double/triple posts

little birdy passing by my window told me that the new series of Hamilton's Pharmacopeia will have an episode dedicated to xenon and its effects.
Very cool. Wishing I knew where to watch that show. If xenon was popularized more ppl might work on the recycling problem which shouldn't be impossible to solve really
To be fair we don't know what, if anything, will happen with long-term usage of xenon. There simply haven't been enough data points - it costs a lot to have one session of Xe inhalation. Without any sort of system to recycle the gas you would need to spend an impressive amount to have a serious binge, let alone a multi-day (or longer) "campaign" of inhalations.

also I merged a whole bunch of double/triple posts
Fair point, but it seems like from the mechanisms of action thus discovered people should be able to make 3educated guesses about what issues xenon may cause.

I dont know if there have been long term studies , I certainly see how it could be expensive to do that but maybe someone has.

I have had two tanks of xenon, and made the first one last one and a half weeks while the second one I made last for a month. I havent noticed any Ill effects from it , but obviously that's no guarantee.

Re only short term studies , if you look at comparable drugs, sometimes the side effects would either be known by mechanism of action, or come up even in short term use like anesthesia in some sensitive people. There are, for example, cases in the literature of nitrous anesthesia causing neuropathy and b12 deficiency from a single use only, in a very sensitive cohort, people who already have some type of anemia or b12 deficiency usually. And ketamine anesthesia may not cause bladder problems in single doses , for sure. But at least some of the possible toxic sympathominetic effects can be observed just by knowing mechanism of action or studying. a short term , possibly single use anesthesia study with many cases. So maybe xenon side effects will start showing up in the literature when it becomes used more, but so far I havent found a single one. And nitrous and ketamine give me side effects far more

Regarding nitrous, what tests would one want to get done on a regular basis to be vigilant about damage caused by it? I assume there is more than one test for b12, that it's not just about simple matter of b12 in the blood but indirect ones thsy indicate actual storage ETc

Regarding nitrous, what tests would one want to get done on a regular basis to be vigilant about damage caused by it? I assume there is more than one test for b12, that it's not just about simple matter of b12 in the blood but indirect ones thsy indicate actual storage ETc
I’ve heard that folic acid can also be depleted eventually. Saw the study awhile ago, I’ll try to find

I finally read through this thread from front to back (I always see it pop up but I never caught it from the start)

i really applaud the effort you put into this @copium7777

im willing to bet any researchers that come across your experience reports will be very pleased. It’s fascinating stuff

not to get toooo out there but anesthetic gases always bring me to Roger Penrose’s and Stuart Hameroff’s orch OR theory. Makes you wonder where neuroscience will take us next :)