• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Xanax

I myself, know and have accepted I am an extremely anxious/nervous/shy person, without my klonopin, and will probably need them for the rest of my life, I don't care! as long as I have them prescribed to me, and nothing gets in the way of this I will be happy taking them daily.. I have fucked up in the past, when I was a bit more naïve about benzos, and taken way too many of my scripts before of both klonopin and valium(when I was prescribed it at a different time).. when the pharmacy I had filled early at a couple other times before, had some new pharmacists/employees come it there, and they didn't know me.. they weren't too cool about re-filling my scripts early those 2 different times, and it was fucking hell!!! I have to say, I dread the day anything may happen to my script, but I don't really see why at this moment in time it would! I take my kpins, as prescribed, 3-4mg a day, and maybe 5mg one day if I am feeling super shitty anxiety wise, or I do too many stimulants and cant stand the comedown, usually happens with coke for me... I am one person, who benzos were specifically designed for I feel! which is why I don't mind the fact, I may need them my whole life... HOWEVER, if you are just taking them to get fucked up... that is stupid! Yeah, you may get fucked up taking 10mg of Xanax after normally taking 3mg, but if you continue to do that, it will destroy your tolerance.. and then they wont help you at all with your anxiety, and I have taken Xanax many times, was scripted it for a month, and while I like the feeling, I don't love it! and its WAY too short acting, with a short half life for me... I like long acting ones much better like klonopin/valium, than short acting Xanax... and Ativan is fucking garbage ime! OP: You are going to need to get back to square one some how, if you ever want your meds to correctly work for you again... may want to try another benzo to take instead and get back to normal dose.. like valium or klonopin? I see you said you are on Xanax, and take 10mg a day now, whilst not feeling anything? how about the restoril or klonopin you said you also take? are you prescribed these on a daily basis along with the Xanax? or is this something you just get through other ways, and aren't actually prescribed? Benzo tolerance sucks ass! especially with Xanax... If I were you I would TRY to take a longer acting benzo, to replace the short acting Xanax... hope you can figure it out man, I know, it fucking sucks to build a high tolly, then have to go back, but I really didn't and haven't ever found it as hard to do with the long acting ones, especially valium!

I myself, know and have accepted I am an extremely anxious/nervous/shy person, without my klonopin, and will probably need them for the rest of my life, I don't care! as long as I have them prescribed to me, and nothing gets in the way of this I will be happy taking them daily.. I have fucked up in the past, when I was a bit more naïve about benzos, and taken way too many of my scripts before of both klonopin and valium(when I was prescribed it at a different time).. when the pharmacy I had filled early at a couple other times before, had some new pharmacists/employees come it there, and they didn't know me.. they weren't too cool about re-filling my scripts early those 2 different times, and it was fucking hell!!! I have to say, I dread the day anything may happen to my script, but I don't really see why at this moment in time it would! I take my kpins, as prescribed, 3-4mg a day, and maybe 5mg one day if I am feeling super shitty anxiety wise, or I do too many stimulants and cant stand the comedown, usually happens with coke for me... I am one person, who benzos were specifically designed for I feel! which is why I don't mind the fact, I may need them my whole life... HOWEVER, if you are just taking them to get fucked up... that is stupid! Yeah, you may get fucked up taking 10mg of Xanax after normally taking 3mg, but if you continue to do that, it will destroy your tolerance.. and then they wont help you at all with your anxiety, and I have taken Xanax many times, was scripted it for a month, and while I like the feeling, I don't love it! and its WAY too short acting, with a short half life for me... I like long acting ones much better like klonopin/valium, than short acting Xanax... and Ativan is fucking garbage ime! OP: You are going to need to get back to square one some how, if you ever want your meds to correctly work for you again... may want to try another benzo to take instead and get back to normal dose.. like valium or klonopin? I see you said you are on Xanax, and take 10mg a day now, whilst not feeling anything? how about the restoril or klonopin you said you also take? are you prescribed these on a daily basis along with the Xanax? or is this something you just get through other ways, and aren't actually prescribed? Benzo tolerance sucks ass! especially with Xanax... If I were you I would TRY to take a longer acting benzo, to replace the short acting Xanax... hope you can figure it out man, I know, it fucking sucks to build a high tolly, then have to go back, but I really didn't and haven't ever found it as hard to do with the long acting ones, especially valium!

That's the thing, my friend. I have been on Valium and am now on Klonopin, Xanax, AND Temazepam. I'm running out of options lol.

And I don't wanna hear any anti-abuse drug bullshit from people telling me not to abuse my benzos. You don't know my situation. Yes, I enjoy the feeling they give me but I take them due to two traumatic brain injuries that I had and will probably be on them for the rest of my life. It just sucks after almost a year of taking them, building a tolerance, and having to take more and more to achieve the desired effects.

Sorry if I came off that way, like I was preaching to you not to abuse them, i kind of said what i was trying to say a bit wrong, and kind of harsh.. but in all honesty, I have too, taken way too many of my benzo prescriptions in the past, and nothing good came out of it. Just sayin, I would try to slowly, get back to your normal dose, or at least closer to it, rather than take 10mg plus of Xanax on a regular basis, once you do if you can, and just keep taking that dose, as hard as it may be, they work better when you take the same amount everyday, and it becomes a steady and manageable dosing routine, i am much happier just taking the amount i am prescribed these days, rather than taking way too many some days and having to worry about not being able to fill my next script when i need to, that sucked.. that is why I only stayed on Xanax for about a month when i was scripted it.. its too short acting, it is basically like the "crack" of benzos, in the sense, it lasts for such a limited amount of time, especially when your tolerance has risen and makes me want to constantly redose, even if i don't absolutely need to, don't get me wrong i do like Xanax on occasion along with my kpins, but not too much, i get way too fearless and start doing dumb shit.. But if your also taking klonopin and temazepam as well it would be easier to taper(at least i would think?), slowly, back to the normal dose and keeping taking it at that dose, with the help of the other two.. Benzos, have both good and bad qualities, some of the benzos being worse than others, with more aggravating side effects.. How much klonopin and temazepam do you take along with the Xanax?

And I don't wanna hear any anti-abuse drug bullshit from people telling me not to abuse my benzos. You don't know my situation..

Plenty of people have given you good advice but it seems that you just made this thread in hopes that people would agree with you abusing your medication. Go on and abuse it then, just don't come crying when you run out early and have a seizure. Benzos are nothing to fuck around with but it's apparent that you're going to find that out the hard way.

And I don't wanna hear any anti-abuse drug bullshit from people telling me not to abuse my benzos. You don't know my situation..
It's not some bullshit we just came up with, it's fucking reality. Abusing benzos can lead to serious withdrawal and can kill you in the worst case. But it's your body so do what you want..

It's not some bullshit we just came up with, it's fucking reality. Abusing benzos can lead to serious withdrawal and can kill you in the worst case. But it's your body so do what you want..

Hey as A mod can you help me? I would like to fix outdated info, starting with Oxy's BA, because The evidence is fairly comprehensive and pretty much indisputable. It averages around 50%, I could probably post the Sources and case studies again, if neccasary. I just want accurate information, is all, aside from the basic goal of harm reduction.

(Your not supposed to inject hydroxyzine intravenously either, yet it's still listed, as far as I know)

Help would be appreciated

^Yo man.. nice avatar! The tanuki suit in SMB 3 is the shit!!! lol.. kind of the rail here, but just had to say it.. gotta love that shit, flying and turning into an invincible statue!

be careful, man. I did the same thing you did and had seizure attacks; ended up finding out I had a brain tumor thanks to the seizure attack, so in a way, my abusive relationship with Xanax actually saved my life in ways, lol - or at least its how I look at it nowadays.

but seriously, the WD's were killer, man. even before the seizure it was completely hell (this coming from a dope fiend). I as WD'ing from benzo cuz I'd blow through my script in 5 days and it was a 2MG/day script; I usually had someone to go to for more but the dude disappeared on me and I ended up having to go through those WD's and it killed me. even using dope on the days I WD it will "hurt" like a motherfucker, dude.

just realize the tolerance builds pretty quick on these; I am scripted 1MG for bedtime - to help sleep. I usually blow through my script nowadays within 15 days or so; but I also jump around and some night I wont take if I am actually tired; sometimes ill mix w/ my Seroquel to help me sleep. I use the xanax to SLEEP AND ONLY SLEEP; I see no recreational purposes like some do; never made me feel good, high, or anything, but would knock me out for bed but never kept me asleep long which is why I also do the Seroquel with it.

be careful, man. I did the same thing you did and had seizure attacks; ended up finding out I had a brain tumor thanks to the seizure attack, so in a way, my abusive relationship with Xanax actually saved my life in ways, lol - or at least its how I look at it nowadays.
ABSOLUTLY! Be careful man! I was into Xanax big time back in the 90's. I was getting them regularly. Then one day I just couldn't get them anymore. I had a grand mal seizure after a few days without them. I never even knew what hit me man. Be careful.

JJR

Benzos are a lot of the time, thought of by people who are naïve and done really know what kind of side effects can come out of discontinuing taking them suddenly.. I actually know a dude from work, who is much younger smokes a lot of weed, and take Xanax too, I told him that he should be very careful fucking around with it, because it is a benzodiazepine and he goes "what is a benzodiazepine? I thought Xanax was just some anti depressant or something.." I was immediately telling him everything he needed to know about them, what drugs were benzos, and not to take them daily! and luckily he said he only takes a 2mg bar, every so often like maybe once every couple weeks.. but he was scared shitless when I explained the withdrawls to him, he had no idea you could even have w/d's from it!! So crazy, to think so many people, mostly teens, are totally unaware and uneducated when they take drugs like this and have no idea what they are actually taking, and the problems that can arise!

ABSOLUTLY! Be careful man! I was into Xanax big time back in the 90's. I was getting them regularly. Then one day I just couldn't get them anymore. I had a grand mal seizure after a few days without them. I never even knew what hit me man. Be careful.

JJR
lol, I read this and thought you wrote the same exact thing I did but its different. like I said tho, its almost good I had my seizure; found out about my brain tumor but scares me that it may be possible I got this tumor from all the drugs but its most likely that its NOT from all the drugs; or at least what the Dr. told me. my mother will always bring it up tho and tell me, "you know, if you didnt do all those drugs you'd be in a better position now".

lol, I read this and thought you wrote the same exact thing I did but its different. like I said tho, its almost good I had my seizure; found out about my brain tumor but scares me that it may be possible I got this tumor from all the drugs but its most likely that its NOT from all the drugs; or at least what the Dr. told me. my mother will always bring it up tho and tell me, "you know, if you didnt do all those drugs you'd be in a better position now".

Yeah...I actually had 2 grand mal seizures in a period of 4 months. It defiantly was caused by the Xanax. Sorry to hear about your health issues....that really sucks! I developed Seizure Disorder due to taking too many Xanax. Yup!

Yeah...I actually had 2 grand mal seizures in a period of 4 months. It defiantly was caused by the Xanax. Sorry to hear about your health issues....that really sucks! I developed Seizure Disorder due to taking too many Xanax. Yup!
do you now take an anti-seizure medication? if so, what do you take?

I take 4000MG Keppra daily
also 1800MG Gabapentin (which I dont take but I am scripted)

I use Phenibut on the side as a fun/high drug which is why I no longer take my Gabapentin; Phenibut is a GABA drug but this is so much better than Gabapentin and if I were to take Gabapentin full time it would cancel the Phenibut high, which would suck, lol. anyway, I am not worried about it. the 4,000MG Keppra is more than enough and then I talked the Dr. into 1600MG Gabapentin just to get the drug Gabapentin, not because I actaully needed it.

i would be in a comatose state if i took that many xanax or any benzos for that matter.
my brother is prescribed 1mg kpins twice daily and when he runs out he looks and feels like shit. he says he gets real shaky,sweaty, just wants to sleep, anxiety through the roof, stomach in knots, and he says his vision gets messed up.
be careful doing that much benzos bc with consuming that much you may not wake up one of these days. nothing to play around with.

well, he's running out because he's abusing it. if he's just scripted 1MG twice a day then thats the script he gets and he's using it before time is up. I tr to blow through my Xanax in 2 weeks so I dont pick up a habit and so my tolerance stays soft. even on the 2 week mark by the end of the 2nd week I can take 3-4MG/sleep rather than .5/MG which is what I use to start. funny how quick that builds.

^ LOL, you blow through your script in half the time to avoid obtaining a habit and a tolerance??? That seems counter productive.. It may even fall under 'justification' for abuse.

Can you please explain how your theory is supposed to work?

I apologize If I came off hostile to anyone. I understand you guys are just trying to help, It's just a frustrating situation that I'm in and I'm sure a lot of people can understand that. I really do appreciate everyone's input and advice. That's why I'd much rather hear it from people with person experience than research on other websites. And I HAVE also read, know and understand that benzo withdraws are the WORST. I am just fortunate to not have really experienced any yet.

As an update, I have dramatically decreased my does. I only take 5mg of Xanax daily now (only two more than my recommended dose), and I have also quit seeing my doctor for Klonopin as IMO there is no need to take both.

Like I said, I appreciate your guys' imput and have definitely taken everything into consideration so thanks a lot everyone! I did not come here to argue, I came here to get opinions and possibly make friends with other fellow recreational drug users for advice.