• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Xanax Yellow R039 - assessing quality by taste

Shackled55

Greenlighter
Hey all,

So I just got 3 Yellow R039 bars and they look legit. However, the first one I chewed up tasted a bit powdery for like a split second and then very very bitter. Even after drinking water the bitter taste is in my mount as I type this.

I’m really concerned about the quality and of effects of this pill since I bought them off the street. We always hear “you never know what you’re getting” and there’s a lot of truth in that.

Does the consistency and taste I described match any of your experiences with legit bars?

Thx in advance!

no telling what it is that was acquired.
alprazolam is bitter/sour and most do not like the taste but i do.
be careful and let us know how it goes.

welcome to BL, bud.
hope to see ya posting around.
edit: damn... didnt see the date of OP until i posted

Alprazolam has a unique bitterness that, once you've tasted it a few times, you will always remember (unlike everything that happens after that taste) /jk. The taste is very persistent and can linger for over an hour in my experience. Also, in my opinion, alprazolam is the worst tasting benzodiazepine that is commonly available.

To answer the title of this thread, no, assessing the quality of xanax by the taste is not very reliable or safe. Xanax has a unique bitter taste, I like the taste as well PtahTek, that is pretty recognizable. But if you are trying to determine whether it's fake or not by the taste, you are putting yourself in a dangerous position. If it isnt real and happens to contain fentanyl or some other potent drug, then you already screwed because you ingested it. When it comes to street pills, the risks are enormous, and it is best to not eat any pill if you dont know 100% what it is. I can imagine there are many compounds that can imitate that bitterness. Go to get a testing kit instead of turning yourself into a lab rat please.

That bitter taste is likely alprazolam so that's a good sign. Whether it's a press or not, or if it is dosed correctly, is another matter that can't be guessed by taste. But if they turned to powder in your mouth very quick that is a sign they're likely pressed. If they're soft when breaking them that's another sign. Also if the yellow colouring gets stuck to your tongue that's a dead giveaway it's a press. Same as fake Valiums leaving your tongue blue.

I got some of the same bars yesterday off the street as well and if they look like the picture on google of the real bars and are scored and the lettering looks 100%, which mine did, I then chewed it up and could definitely taste a good amount of alp taste in it. It didn't "feeL' like a pressed bar or a fake bar either, in that it broke down in my mouth not too fast (like it was all filler) nor was it extremely hard to bite into. So if those things were like your bars then I'd say they were legit too. Main thing is, they got me fucked up and tasted like alp so I knew I wasn't completely fucked over regardless.