• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Xanax XR and regular Xanax supposed to be prescribed at the same time PLEASE HELP!!??

atabawayfrombarett

Greenlighter
Hey guys first off id like to apoliogize beforehand for my shitty grammer and I'm like an amish person when it comes to technology, anyway i have been on 2mg of Xanax Xr a day to keep my generalized anxiety at bay and 2mg of regular Xanax because even with the XR I still have panic attacks and flashbacks,. My problem is my xr and regular pills come in separate bottles and my doctor changed my prescription dosage at a different time so theyre falling out about 20 days apart instead of me picking both up at the pharmacy at the same time the same day how it is supposed to be, because of this I'm falling short and I'm not sure what to do. ive talked with my doctor and his answer was I just have to try to concerve them because of insurance purposes but I don't understand how I'm supposed to run so short on my medication I get extremely sick sometimes when I run really short every other month and even when I only have one type ill be in shitty withdrawls, in fact my doctor was really pissed off and almost cut me off from my Xanax ive been on for about 4 years when a urine screen came up void of Xanax last time and lectured me on how dangerous it was to be without my meds which I'm very aware of.ive been trying to come up with a solution for this for a while I'm sorry for all the bitching Ive just been trying to figure this out for a while now and the internet was my last resort because I can barley use computers lol, I was just wondering if anyone might know a solution? or have a suggestion...anything would be much appreciated thank you? :?8o

Xanax being prescribed at wrong times PLEASE HELP!?

i have been on 2mg of Xanax Xr a day to keep my generalized anxiety at bay and 2mg of regular Xanax because even with this medication being pretty effective I still have panic attacks,. My problem is my xr and regular pills come in separate bottles and my doctor changed my prescription dosage at a different time so theyre falling out about 20 days apart instead of me picking both up at the pharmacy at the same time and same day, because of this I'm falling short and I'm not sure whaty to do. ive talked with my doctor and he said I just have to try to concerve them because of insurance purposes but I don't understand how I'm supposed to run so short on my medication, and end up in withdrawl or horrible flashbshbacks and anxiety, ive already had 2 seizures over the the last last 4 months, in fact my doctor was pissed off and almost cut me off from my 4 year long Xanax prescription when a urine screen came up void of Xanax last time and lectured me on how dangerous it was to be without my meds which I'm very aware of, I apologize for my bitching and bad grammer I'm new to this sight and I can barley use the internet you guys are my last hope, anyway I was just wondering if anyone might know a solution? or have a suggestion...anything would be much appreciated thank you!8o:?

Last edited:
Have you thought about finding a different doctor who takes your insurance? I know it can be hard. I'm paying out of pocket to two separate clinics monthly to get my bipolar meds plus my suboxone. Just a thought. I've revently been trying to find a doctor who can subscribe me all of my meds. Maybe you can find a new doctor and tell them of your issue? They may be able to up your mg's and you can split pills. You'll have an excess supply but insurance should cover the script all the same.

I was cold turkey cut off of 6 mg of klonopin daily (which I feel is a bit stronger than xanax) and the withdrawal was a nightmare. Hypertension, panic attacks, seizures hallucinations you name it. My advice would to go to a family medicine doc, they listen well and in my opinion are a bit more understanding when it comes to a touchy subject like benzos. Also, depending on which state you live in (in in Fl so you practically have to be dying to get them) you can go to the ER for symptoms, explain yourself and generally they will give you all of what you need AMD will probably advise you to see a different doc. When I lived in MI i was going to a PA for scripts that I only had proof to show that a doctor in Wyoming prescribed me... Which led to a rough addiction to the point where I am back on benzos (xanax this time) be very careful with how you take them. I suffer from benzodiazepine withdrawal syndrome. Amd because of prolonged use my central nervous system is severely out of whack. I don't want to freak you out but this type of thing can happen to anyone whether it be a recreational user or a prescribed user I have never met one person who was perfectly fine while on or after taking benzos. Look into hydroxyzime, best of luck!

I don't understand why you're running short as you explained it. Because your dose got changed you're running short? I'm not understanding why exactly you're running short now.

I don't understand why you're running short as you explained it. Because your dose got changed you're running short? I'm not understanding why exactly you're running short now.
hey thanks for the input guys im still having some troubles but for those who dont understand my doctor changed my dose a while ago so long story short i am supposed to be picking up 2 bottles at a time so i can take 2mgs of xr and 2mgs of regular a day the problem is the 2 different bottles are coming out about 20 days apart​

Have you taken both bottles to Doctor to
Show him? 20 day time lag with short duration Xanax *could* potentially be harmful.
You stated he changed the script?
SM

hey thanks for the input guys im still having some troubles but for those who dont understand my doctor changed my dose a while ago so long story short i am supposed to be picking up 2 bottles at a time so i can take 2mgs of xr and 2mgs of regular a day the problem is the 2 different bottles are coming out about 20 days apart​

Im still not getting it. How did your dose change and was it changed again?

You are seemingly taking your medications too frequently.

my best guess is you are on xanax xr daily with reg xanax prn. you are supposed to use the prn sparingly.

cut back on your reg xanax by spacing it out and take your daily meds at a relatively consistent time to avoid too much rebound anxiety.

Have you taken both bottles to Doctor to
Show him? 20 day time lag with short duration Xanax *could* potentially be harmful.
You stated he changed the script?
SM

no I havnt ive actually thought of doing this but I didn't want to seem like an asshole begging for meds I think I will do that though if this continues, thank you;) my appointments are always a fe months apart so I'm supposed to see my doctor the end of next month I think ill move the appointment up and do that...to be honest I do take more have taken more than prescribed at times but when I fall short I know that it was my fault and ive stopped because 20 days apart is pretty crazy I'm on my 3rd seizure now taking my meds as prescribed