• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Xanax withdrawal... help?

UPDATE** So i decided to still not use my alprazolam instead i went and picked up estrella cookies and some mango kush and my friend made 500mg edible so im vegged the fuck out. I also found an old script for oxys and norcos in my room so im on cloud nine with no ball pain and no draw to the benzos! Thank you again everyone, your stories helped put reality to a situation and im just beyond trashed nodding the fuck out so im gonna watch ancient aliens and ride the waves. ill check back in tomorrow when im not so fucked up hahaha.

Keeping, for someone with a name like Keeping, you sure have a hard time Keeping the thread on topic! ;)

OP, I'm really glad to hear that you've been able to stay abstinent. Benzodiazepine withdrawal is no joke and you should be seriously proud of yourself for doing it, especially considering you have Benzodiazepines at your disposal. We're all here to support you whether you choose to keep using or not. There's no judgement, but we like to give credit where credit is due. Society will never appreciate how hard it is to stay sober. It's simply an expectation. People don't understand how hard it is.

I've had (multiple) Doctors tell me that Methadone withdrawal is a 72 hour process. At that point, you will be good as new and restored. Medical, fucking, doctors. Pregabalin (Lyrica) also doesn't produce a withdrawal syndrome of any kind. 90% of MD's I've talked to agree that Pregabalin produces no withdrawal syndrome. Anyway, my point is, be proud of yourself and use your success to keep you motivated for what is to come. Nobody in general society will ever give you credit for getting off drugs. Good work!

PuppySyrup I had the same withdrawal as Mafioso about 5 years ago. With your dosage for a couple years it may take 3 or 4 days to kick in. My withdrawals also lasted about 2 weeks before I felt home free. I had the extreme doom and gloom that would drive me to tears as though I just lost a loved as well as all the symptoms Mafioso had. The auditory hallucinations really freaked me out as I just knew they were real. But, there are a couple days during withdraw that I felt really great for some odd reason. Also, I had a metallic taste for a couple days during that time. As long as you've been on it. especially if everyday, I would do a long taper until you're down to .25 mg a day for the last week of tapering. So I would reduce by a .25 to .5 a week at a time until your last week is at .25 mg.

I actually have been off for 13 days with pretty much no withdrawals and i consider myself so lucky! I really appreciate the praise Kief, for getting through the withdrawals, but i never wanna be proud because i dont wanna get cocky and fall back in and actually have to go though withdrawals! today is another day and it has been 13 days no xanax and im feeling amazing! ALSO MY BALLS only feel like i got kicked in them now so a great improvement

Great job puppy. Happy to hear about your balls too. (A sentence I never thought I would say)

2 weeks! Well Done Sir PS. Keeping༼ ༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ༽ the Xanax in the pharmacy packaging shows you are more than ready for this challenge of "not letting the cat out of the bag" so to speak. It might be tempting when the codones run dry but this isn't your first rodeo so I'll leave that be. Great to hear the boys are doing better than expected (or better than what I might expect at least :) ).

Keeping, for someone with a name like Keeping, you sure have a hard time Keeping the thread on topic! ;)

ahahaa nice one :D
forgive me Keif - cocaine is one hell of a drug

2 weeks! Well Done Sir PS. Keeping༼ ༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ༽ the Xanax in the pharmacy packaging shows you are more than ready for this challenge of "not letting the cat out of the bag" so to speak. It might be tempting when the codones run dry but this isn't your first rodeo so I'll leave that be. Great to hear the boys are doing better than expected (or better than what I might expect at least :) ).

forgive me man but you totally lost me there =D
but yeah congrats to PuppySyrup - you killin it mangg

i wonder how do i change my name to '༼ ༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ༽ '?
[stay on topic x100]

Last edited:

[stay on topic x100]

Sorry guys. Posting while under the influence of cannabis edibles can have these consequences. Your ASCII frog seems to follow the use of the word 'keeping' on occasion. I need to learn more discretion regarding sending up your calling card.

A $25 donation to BL can get your name changed :)

OT; Puppy Syrup: Valerian extract has been reported to have some anxiolytic & sedative effects, while more subtle than a benzo it still has a role in some peoples arsenal. Might be worth a try if you need just a little something.

UPDATE** So i came across about 150 green 15s soooooooooo.. Hahaha ill be good i did 12 today and i forgot i had surgery lol. Benzos still in my bag i forgot about them till my old lady found the bag when she came over and was shocked that theyre just chilling there. Time to bust out my stash of somas and flexeril and keep taking the hydros and 15s mmmm. Well i have been unconcious most of the day and yesterday so im probably gonna pass out again! Thanks for the congrats guys means a lot! I aquired some molly too so thats gonna be for thursday for the beach house! Thanks fellow bluelighters im gonna burn a joint pop 4 more 15s and drink some milk then pass out peace!

OT; Puppy Syrup: Valerian extract has been reported to have some anxiolytic & sedative effects, while more subtle than a benzo it still has a role in some peoples arsenal. Might be worth a try if you need just a little something.

I use to take it but all it did was make me nauseated and wouldnt help with the anxiety! Im surprisingly really good and i cannot believe i got away with murder in terms of avoiding the horrid withdrawals. My friend is in the hospital right now after trying to cold turkey klonopin!!!!

ahahaa nice one :D
forgive me Keif - cocaine is one hell of a drug

[stay on topic x100]

What can I say. I'm quick with wit.

A preacher will preach, a teacher will teach, a miner will dig in a mine, I ride the rods, trusting in God, hugging my bottle of wine

UPDATE** So i got locked out of my house today and had to walk 2 miles to the nearest phone so my boys are in excruciating pain just got back in and thought i would check in! So im experiencing loss of appetite and nausea but im accrediting that to the surgery and this fucking horrible antibiotic that i was taking but my last dose was on sunday so idk any input would greatly be appreciated. I still have refused to touch my xanax. I just dont see an appeal to it anymore since my panic seems to have dissipated after the stopping of heroin.

I would guess it's probably surgery related too. Or sometimes just pain can cause nausea. So like the pain from your long walk. Like I'm nauseous sometimes after getting a big tattoo, for example.

Or just an unrelated stomach bug.

Benzo WD has definitely caused me loss of appetite, but I think you're so far past that point that it has nothing to do with the Xanax.

yeah i got some ondansetron which substantially helped the nausea, still in extreme amounts of pain but its only pain it should end in about a week or 2 according to my sadistic doctor lol.

Doctor: "What you need a little something more for the pain? Yeah I think we are going to have to talk to your Grandparents about that first.. Nurse, he wants more than Ibuprofen, red flag his file and notify the electronic prescription monitoring database that we have a raving addict on our hands" "Maybe homeland security also"

Doctor: "What you need a little something more for the pain? Yeah I think we are going to have to talk to your Grandparents about that first.. Nurse, he wants more than Ibuprofen, red flag his file and notify the electronic prescription monitoring database that we have a raving addict on our hands" "Maybe homeland security also"

Omg lol. Best post of the day.