• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Xanax Withdrawal. Help?

Undacova Manatee

Greenlighter
I've been recreationally ingesting alprazolam daily for about a week now. Xanax isn't new to me, but I've recently acquired enough of it to last me awhile. I started off with around 1-2 mg per day and it always got me where I wanted. But now I can ingest 4-5 mg at once and the effects aren't nearly as noticeable as 1-2 mg used to be. In other words, I'm taking more and feeling less. I know this is tolerance that I'm experiencing.

My concern is that when my supply is gone, it's gone. And I've obviously worked up quite a tolerance to the substance. My question is: when it's gone and I am forced to stop taking it all together, will I experience benzodiazepine withdrawal? I've read all about the withdrawal from Xanax and I hear it's hell. I even heard a doctor say he'd rather wean someone from heroin than Xanax.

What can I expect when they are gone? I have about 60.

it can go either way a weeks worth in moderation IMO isnt enough to feel WD of any sorts but given that you are taking a shit ton of it hard to tell
IMO reduce as fast as you can or quit now and leave that shit alone benzo WD will test your manhood and itll win

Benzo withdrawl is hell on earth. There is nothing worse. Given you've only been taking it for a week and not super excessively, it's unlikely you'll get much in the way of withdrawal, certainly not dangerous withdrawals. Taper down over the last couple of days and then don't touch it again for along time. You don't want to end up with a benzo addiction, it is hell. You will possibly experince heightened anxiety and feel a bit deoressed not having the xanax but i would think you'll be ok apart from that. You never know, benzos affect everhone differently. I also build benzo tolerance very quickly and xannies were my fave. ?. It's so easy to just keep taking them like candy.

And yes, benzo withdrawal is worse than heroin so get out now!

Just re read you still have 60 left. By the time you finish them you may get withdrawals. The first time I stopped BENZOs I did it cold turkey after only a couple of mobths and it was hell but nothing like after months and months of heavy use.
'
I know its hard to do but I would definitely suggest having a few days off then taking some then another few days off rather than keeping on taking them daily. I could never do that but it would serve you well to do so.

IMO even heavy use for a week plus sixty (which at your rate is less than a week I'd say) so two weeks total isn't the length of time to develop the hellish benzo wd most people talk about. Since your tolerance has built up and you're already concerned (which is a bad combo leading to further excessive use of anxiety meds) maybe take a few days off before tapping into the remaining pills? If you can go a couple weeks you can probably seriously bring your tolerance down and make those go further.

Wd will occur for sure, the question becomes the severity. At this point, I would stop using them to get high, but rather use them to wean yourself down.

Make a taper schedule, and stick to it. If you can get down to < .5mg a day, your wd's will be less ruthless. Coming off of high amounts of benos can prove fatal, so work your dosage down. Feel free to update us during your detox, you'll find it will help. Good luck bud!

- SS373dOH Soul