• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Xanax withdrawal complications. In need of help please!

I was on a benzo run for a month took up to 20mg xanax in a day took 90 2mg pills in 4 days it's day 3 and on day one my primary doc prescribed Depakote twice a day. I feel fine. I've been through the benzo kick b4 but the run was much longer than a month. Read the story of the start of the thread and I feel for ya. Benzos are the devil. I'll post if anything changes in my phase of detox.

OP you should really go see that doctor and see if he will prescribe something to taper. You have now gone to the ER an abundance of times. Have you tried Craigslist for benzos? Or knocking on doors in the not so good part of town? Someone there may be able to help considering your situation.

^^ thought he had been clean for 3 weeks already. why pick up again? Shit is out of your system in 4 weeks. I've been to rehab twice. And at the 4 week mark pissed clean! Ive watched people kick subs benzos meth all at once in a treatment center. Something doesn't seem right. Go into a psych hospital and stay there for a while they will make sure you won't die. Idk.

Day 3 feeling good.

God bless

Old man Benzo, it's not that simple for everyone. Withdrawl can come back worse after a month or so and then you can develop PAWS which can literally go on for years. I had no choice but to jump back on after 3-4 weeks after kicking around 100mg xanax plus opiates plus alcohol in a treatment centre doing a 14 day taper. The inpatient part was by far the easiest, the real horror Started around the 2-3 week Mark and I literally had every debilitating symptom under the sun and the OP seems like he is one of the unlucky ones as well. My life doesn't allow me to be bedridden (5 kids and a business) so the only option was to go on a much slower valium taper in line with the Ashton Manual. This is why benzos are so hard as everyone reacts differently to withdrawl and its not uncommon to have horrible symptoms that last week/months/ even years.

Just because the drug is out of your system doesn't mean the damage has been repaired.

Remember Op just stick to the magic 3 ibuprofen, asprin and paracetamol as many times as possible and you will be right as rain but any doctor could tell you that

Bullshit, please just fuck off. No one wants your advice!

Remember Op just stick to the magic 3 ibuprofen, asprin and paracetamol as many times as possible and you will be right as rain but any doctor could tell you that
You are devoid of intelligence....go spam a different forum like Disney or some shit

-Cheezy, you need a life. You have way to much time on your hands if you're trolling Bluelight

Thanks

@OP, how're you doing? Did you take a benzo?
The rebound effect, or rebound phenomenon, is the emergence or re-emergence of symptoms that were either absent or controlled while taking a medication, but appear when that same medication is discontinued, or reduced in dosage. In the case of re-emergence, the severity of the symptoms is often worse than pretreatment levels.
from Wikipedia, I'm to lazy to explain it in my own words :D

Guys, remember it's an incremental point system. In most cases, I can't just ban someone. But if you keep reporting posts in violation the temp bans will get longer and longer.

Old man Benzo, it's not that simple for everyone. Withdrawl can come back worse after a month or so and then you can develop PAWS which can literally go on for years. I had no choice but to jump back on after 3-4 weeks after kicking around 100mg xanax plus opiates plus alcohol in a treatment centre doing a 14 day taper. The inpatient part was by far the easiest, the real horror Started around the 2-3 week Mark and I literally had every debilitating symptom under the sun and the OP seems like he is one of the unlucky ones as well. My life doesn't allow me to be bedridden (5 kids and a business) so the only option was to go on a much slower valium taper in line with the Ashton Manual. This is why benzos are so hard as everyone reacts differently to withdrawl and its not uncommon to have horrible symptoms that last week/months/ even years.

Just because the drug is out of your system doesn't mean the damage has been repaired.
Thanks for sharing your experience, I have not experienced that acute of PAWS then. I feel very blessed.

Day 4
Feeling blessed

God bless

hey guys. shit has been pretty bad lately. the left chest and left arm pain is still really bad, but what scares me the most is the popping/bubbling sound and sensation around my heart. its been happening for weeks, but keeps happening more and more often as time goes by. yesterday it was seriously happening all fucking day long. every 10-15 mins it would start popping (almost like a faint bubble wrap pop, or stomach gurgle) in my center-left chest. it isnt just one pop its several, and coughing doesnt make it go away, so im starting to fear that its either precordial catch syndrome, or worse yet pulmonary edema. its getting near impossible to sleep. everytime i try to my heart starts pounding so damn hard, and when i start to doze off ill wake up and notice i wasnt breathing. also i've acquired a new symptom thats driving me batshit crazy. my skin feels ULTRA sensitive!!! if i so much as tilt my head back and my hair touches my neck it'l burn and itch like fucking crazy. my skin feels so dry and irritated. even just the fabric of my shirt touching my skin produces a burning itching sensation. My doc gave me atarax for anxiety and i know its an antihistamine, so ive been tempted to try it, but i also looked it up online and it said there is a MAJOR drug interaction with suboxone so im a lil scared to take it. especially since it says side effects cause DIZZINESS and TROUBLE BREATHING!!! WHAT?! if i get any more dizzy im not going to be able to fucking walk! i want to take it to rid me of those symptoms not make it worse! if this burning/itching shit keeps up today i think i may try to take it tonight and see if it works, or at least allows me to sleep. oh and btw i FINALLY got an appt wit a psychologist that can possibly prescribe me a taper...but its another 8 days away...ugh...

Damn man that chest and arm pain sounds scary. You can't see the guy for 8 days? Well it's a step in the right direction.

hey guys. shit has been pretty bad lately. the left chest and left arm pain is still really bad, but what scares me the most is the popping/bubbling sound and sensation around my heart. its been happening for weeks, but keeps happening more and more often as time goes by. yesterday it was seriously happening all fucking day long. every 10-15 mins it would start popping (almost like a faint bubble wrap pop, or stomach gurgle) in my center-left chest. it isnt just one pop its several, and coughing doesnt make it go away, so im starting to fear that its either precordial catch syndrome, or worse yet pulmonary edema. its getting near impossible to sleep. everytime i try to my heart starts pounding so damn hard, and when i start to doze off ill wake up and notice i wasnt breathing. also i've acquired a new symptom thats driving me batshit crazy. my skin feels ULTRA sensitive!!! if i so much as tilt my head back and my hair touches my neck it'l burn and itch like fucking crazy. my skin feels so dry and irritated. even just the fabric of my shirt touching my skin produces a burning itching sensation. My doc gave me atarax for anxiety and i know its an antihistamine, so ive been tempted to try it, but i also looked it up online and it said there is a MAJOR drug interaction with suboxone so im a lil scared to take it. especially since it says side effects cause DIZZINESS and TROUBLE BREATHING!!! WHAT?! if i get any more dizzy im not going to be able to fucking walk! i want to take it to rid me of those symptoms not make it worse! if this burning/itching shit keeps up today i think i may try to take it tonight and see if it works, or at least allows me to sleep. oh and btw i FINALLY got an appt wit a psychologist that can possibly prescribe me a taper...but its another 8 days away...ugh...

The popping, the heart pounding, the feeling like your skin is on fire, brings it all back so clearly. Feeling immense pressure in my head so much it felt it was going to explode, as was my heart. The tingling, burning, on fire skin kicked as a new symptom 3-4 weeks after detox ? Benzo withdrawal is hell on earth. 8 days? You really need to get on that taper, maybe call and ask to be notified of any last minute cancellations in case you can get in quicker, you never know.

Have you asked about a beta blocker, it will help with the racing heart. My resting heart rate is normally very low due to being fit but during acute benzo withdrawal my resting heart rate was like it was reset to ridiculous 90-110 bpm.

Also, I take anti histamines all the time with no interaction with my 32mg subs. They make me sleepy but not dizzy or give me any trouble breathing. But if you're worried leave them and try and sit out the next 8 days. It's horrid horrid horrid. Im trying to reassure you that I felt so many of the same symptoms that you are, I also thought I was dying, I was going to have a stroke or a heart attack etc etc. Of course keep going back if you're worried but this is benzo withdrawal that some of us go through ?. Im absolutely terrified of going through it for a 4th or 5th time when my taper ends.

Reading other people's stories on benzo buddies REALLY HELPED ME through it to reassure me I wasn't dying.

OldManBenzo, no worries, I wish I didn't react to benzo withdrawal like that. There's not many drugs I haven't detoxed from but xanax, valium, lorazepam, benzos in general, take the absolute cake. I hope you stay well throughout your detox :)

Thanks AnythingEverything. Its very reassuring to know that other ppl had the same symptoms. i've been to benzobuddies several times and found a cpl ppl with similar symptoms, but definitely not even close to the majority. Theres just soooo many god damn symptoms it scares the shit outta me just thinking what if some of these symptoms are unrelated and could be something serious! ugh i would sleep sooooo much easier just knowing for sure that its just wd. i swear to god if this doc doesnt help me taper next week im gonna go fucking crazy and cheat, steal, lie, and kill to get my hands on any benzos i fucking can. i cant live like this, not to mention i have absolutely NO fucking money, i'm way behind on all my bills and i'm going to get kicked out of my appt in 2 weeks. i need to be able to go back to work...i physically cannot work like this. kind of ironic i lost my last two jobs because of abusing benzos and now i cant fucking get a job because i quit them...fuck my life.

-Pahn your situation is very sad indeed you could go down into the ghetto part of your area and go door to door someone may have benzos.. Or I heard doctors offices can have some in the trash can. Just some ideas..

I'd suggest you try a low dose hydroxyzine (Atarax) like 25mg, that shouldn't interact with your subs and offer some anxiety relief,so you can start differentiate between actual heart problems and anxiety.

Thanks AnythingEverything. Its very reassuring to know that other ppl had the same symptoms. i've been to benzobuddies several times and found a cpl ppl with similar symptoms, but definitely not even close to the majority. Theres just soooo many god damn symptoms it scares the shit outta me just thinking what if some of these symptoms are unrelated and could be something serious! ugh i would sleep sooooo much easier just knowing for sure that its just wd. i swear to god if this doc doesnt help me taper next week im gonna go fucking crazy and cheat, steal, lie, and kill to get my hands on any benzos i fucking can. i cant live like this, not to mention i have absolutely NO fucking money, i'm way behind on all my bills and i'm going to get kicked out of my appt in 2 weeks. i need to be able to go back to work...i physically cannot work like this. kind of ironic i lost my last two jobs because of abusing benzos and now i cant fucking get a job because i quit them...fuck my life.

Ohhhhh, so Totally feel you on this....I hope that the next 8 days pass quickly or you can get an earlier spot. As soon as you can start a proper taper, the better.

So this dr actually knows what he / she is talking about in regards to benzos? If so, you shouldn't have any trouble getting on a suitable and sensible taper which allows you to function. My dr HATES Benzos with aveangence plus im black listed but he is educated enough to never cut someone from
Benzos. I still fear the end of my taper, whenever that comes, but for now im fine on a tiny tiny dose of valium (20mg) after tapering for a couple of years off xanax etc. It does NOTNING for my anxiety though, my tolerance is ruined forever I think.

The hundreds of symptoms that appear all at once, something new everyday are full on! And scary. I am so so positive they are all due to withdrawl as they identical to mine and I felt the same fear the times I went through it. Plus your anxiety will be heightened as part of withdrawal thus making the fear of something being really wrong even worse! BUT, it would be irresponsible for me or anyone to tell you not to seek medical advice if something feels extra wrong, even just for peace of mind.

Keep us updated and hopefully all goes well with the psych. Good luck.