• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

xanax WD's and lowering of tolerence

Sadreli101

Greenlighter
i got a hold of xanax bars and have been on them for about 3 weeks now i have no experience with benzo's and have to literllayleave to work right now. will i have have bad WD's for taking for 3 to4 weeks straight? i went from 1/4 a bar twice a day to last night three bars in one day just to feel it. was wondering if; A. im going to WD and B. how long will it take for me to get back to gettting high off 1/4 a bar again. should i juust stop cold turkey with how llong/short its been taking them or taper. im about to get paid and can buy more or just taper off. i get them off the street btw. and also i have heroin to help with wd and that im NOT stoping til god knows when. ima keep checking this topic to seee some advice if i can. but i what i really wan tto know is how to notice if i am going to go cold turkey off xanax how to notice if ima have a seizure because ima keep some bars on hand just in case things get bad. but i know i wan tto stop the xanax for my tolerence to go down. any ideas how long it will take considering now long ive been doing them? sorry for the fragmented post but i have to go make that drug money! ill keep check this post on my phone at work tho mayeb someone with real experience can help meh.

btw this is my firsr post and im new here. Hi guys!

The problem is you can't tell the seizure is coming, at least in my experience. I've had two seizures due to benzo withdrawal. Once I was sitting at my computer and once I was talking to my wife. I did not feel them coming and don't remember the seizures. I just came too on the floor both times. Definitely taper. Do not go cold turkey. The risk of seizure is very real. Now the H may lower your risk of seizure but I wouldn't risk it. Benzo withdrawal is no fun definitely taper. Good luck

Think if I keep it at 1/4 3 times a day I can eventually start felling its effects again from that amount? Because that's what I was doing for awhile and it worked great but the second I took a little more over the 1/4 a bar is when I had to keep chasing the high. I want to be able to get back to that point if it's possible by tapering. But if it isn't then I'll prolly just taper and stop. Witch would be terrible because I liked the xanax because it actually helped with my social anxiety witch I also use the H for. If I'm sober I'm a nervous wreck around anyone to the point where I don't talk at all, even around family and close friends I hate it.

Last edited:
Well from my personal experience benzo tolerance took a long time to get back to baseline. To be honest I don't think it ever has. I've had years in between benzo use and it would still take me two full bars to really feel it. But I've been on suboxone for a very long time so I don't know if that factors in. If I had to guess it would probably be a long time (if ever) that a quarter of a bar will do a lot of Good. But now matter what you decide. Do not go cold turkey

Yea I just started the day with a fourth and seems fine still helps with social anxiety but no high witch I can live with prolly just go from fourths three times a day to twice a day then done. Wish I could be prescribed a benzo but knowing my doctor he would think I'm just looking for a high (witch is partly true) thnx for the help

Sure anytime. If you really need a benzo for s.a.d. or anxiety but wanna bypass the doctor, etizolam is a pretty good option to have in the back pocket. Or even flubromazolam or clonazalam but they are much stronger. All easily ordered from online vendors

Jump while you can, you have only been on them for 3-4 weeks? Be responsible of course...

I was in your shoes, I took Xanax off the street because it made my anxiety go away. Now, several years later I'm trying to kick them and my brain is completely screwed up.

I just wish that I had thought long term and explored other options before I got hooked on benzos.

Sorry if I'm preachy, obviously everyone is different, do what works for you.

Smoking weed helps me accept my reality...

Last edited:
Yep agreed benzo addiction is very rough. Quit while you are ahead if you can. I was massively addicted to xanax for a long time. Worst point was 15 bars a day. The withdrawal was pure hell. Seizures, severe severe depression, worse anxiety than when I started, major insomnia and it lasted FOREVER its not like a few day opiate detox (which I've experienced many) it lasted a good month of serious withdrawal with several months of lingering paws type withdrawal symptoms. Benzos are not to be taken lightly and in my experience the worst drug I've been dependant on.