• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Xanax WD, Adderall WD, or am I just SICK??! What is going on?!

ark9

Bluelighter
Hey everyone. So for the past 3 days I have NOT been feeling myself at all. I am just trying to figure out WHY.

I ab(use) Adderall, I take it often.
I take Xanax occasionally. I know it is addictive so I avoid everyday use. I roughly use it a 2-3 days out of a week but it varies. The doses I take vary, too. anywhere between 1-5mg. I use it to help assist sleep & Adderall comedowns.

Ok so anyway 3 days ago, I took 30mg Adderall IR ~2 PM. This was all I took, all day. I had work at 5 PM. All was well until towards the end of my shift.. I suddenly began experiencing the following symptoms: vertigo & dizziness, nausea, pounding headache/migraine, feeling weak, shaky, brain "fog" I guess? Just feeling weird, stupid, messing up silly things at work, also a lack of coordination....

I was so sick! I did end up puking at work. (felt nauseous for an hour or two before I finally puked)
I was told multiple times that I just "didn't look good".

Ugh I hope this made sense. What is wrong w me?!
Any input is appreciated.

Last edited:
If youre taking Xanax 3x a week, I doubt its wds from that. My personal experience with benzos is I have to take them every day for at least 3 weeks to a month before I develop psychical dependence.

I MAYBE took it daily last week... even so, I agree that I shouldn't be physically dependent on them.
I just don't get why it's the only thing that's making me feel better. Also, apparently a benzo w/d symptom is insomnia and I've been sleeping like CRAZY the past 3 days. I'm DRAINED as fuck. So that doesn't line up...

I'm just so weakkk. No motivation/energy at all.

Today I feel significantly better, then again I took both Xanax and Adderall today. Yesterday I only took Adderall and I still felt like shit. I also didn't force myself to shower yesterday (I did today, idk if that helped any)

Idk. I just wanna stop doing both of these drugs :(
I have 30 days off H, but clearly I'm just fuckin swapping addictions at this point.

Doesnt sound like WD to me, more than likely just sick. I have had the same symptoms (headache, nausea, etc..) but no vomiting, i rarely vomit ever, not even during brutal heroin withdrawal. Im feeling better though, nasty bug been going around

Yeah, you've got to watch secondary addictions. Just lay off everything for a few weeks. Since you say no energy and weak feeling my guess would be it has to do with the Adderall, but what the fuck do I know. Just lay off everything for a few weeks. A little dry time never hurts anyways.

I suddenly began experiencing the following symptoms: vertigo & dizziness, nausea, pounding headache/migraine, feeling weak, shaky, brain "fog" I guess? Just feeling weird, stupid, messing up silly things at work, also a lack of coordination....

I was so sick! I did end up puking at work. (felt nauseous for an hour or two before I finally puked)
I was told multiple times that I just "didn't look good".

This sounds exactly like benzodiazepine withdrawal

There is no withdrawal from adderall, not in a physical sense, I've never experienced even severe come downs from it. With meth the withdrawal or crash is very real and can be debilitating, but still the symptoms you've listed sound exactly like benzodiazepine withdrawals, you don't have to take xanax daily to become addicted.

This sounds exactly like benzodiazepine withdrawal

There is no withdrawal from adderall, not in a physical sense, I've never experienced even severe come downs from it. With meth the withdrawal or crash is very real and can be debilitating, but still the symptoms you've listed sound exactly like benzodiazepine withdrawals, you don't have to take xanax daily to become addicted.

This
It might not be real withdrawal, but severe rebound symptoms.

Whatever it was, it went away after about 24 hours.. I think it was maybe a little combo of both, along with a little 24 hour virus or something? Who knows