• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos Xanax vs Klonopin

witnesshopper

Bluelighter
Currently Klonopin doesn't work for me, I've asked my psych if Xanax would work and they said no but I'm not sure, if Klonopin doesn't work for my panic attacks currently could Xanax possibly keep them under control? ty to everyone in advance!

Xanax is better for acute anxiety/panic attacks but Klonopin is better from a long term perspective. It's also better in terms of withdrawal and dependence. I would see if your Klonopin can be increased or better yet, try a less addictive medication for long term anxiety management. Would also be a good idea to get periodic blood tests to see if you have any hormonal deficiencies as this can be a major contributor to anxiety.
I do have some vitamin deficiencies, but Klonopin just doesn't help panic attacks :/

Xanax is better for panic attacks.

klonopin/ clonazepam is better for anxiety.

Ive abused and used benzos on and off for 12 years. If im having a panic attack or im having a bad trip on a giant dose of LSD I can take 0.5mg of klonopin and feel better in under 10 minutes. Its hard for me to believe that it doesn't work for you but everyone is different. Xanax will also work within 10 minutes but if absolutely had to choose one id choose klonopin 10 times out of 10. I find it to be a superior drug in every sense.

Recreationally i find xanax very boring, clinical sedation. Klonopin has more depth to it and actually has a slight euphoria. Again this is subjective and some will agree and some will disagree.

In regards to addiction and subsequent withdrawal id much rather be on klonopin than on Xanax. Benzo withdrawal is the worse thing on earth, id rather have cancer, broken bones, heroin withdrawal you name it.

Xanax is better for panic attacks.

klonopin/ clonazepam is better for anxiety.

Ive abused and used benzos on and off for 12 years. If im having a panic attack or im having a bad trip on a giant dose of LSD I can take 0.5mg of klonopin and feel better in under 10 minutes. Its hard for me to believe that it doesn't work for you but everyone is different.

Recreationally i find xanax very boring, clinical sedation. Klonopin has more depth to it and actually has a slight euphoria. Again this is subjective and some will agree and some will disagree.
well I can say with confidence when I'm having a panic attack and take .5 Klonopin it feels like I took nothing at all

well I can say with confidence when I'm having a panic attack and take .5 Klonopin it feels like I took nothing at all
Do you have a history of alcohol, phenibut, gabapentin, lyrica, ghb, or baclofen use?

I would ask for a dose increase. They can prescribe up to 20mg a day in the US although ive found most docs stop at 8mg.

Do you have a history of alcohol, phenibut, gabapentin, lyrica, ghb, or baclofen use?

I would ask for a dose increase. They can prescribe up to 20mg a day in the US although ive found most docs stop at 8mg.
I'm currently on gabapentin and I drink from time to time not often though

Currently Klonopin doesn't work for me, I've asked my psych if Xanax would work and they said no but I'm not sure, if Klonopin doesn't work for my panic attacks currently could Xanax possibly keep them under control? ty to everyone in advance!
They probably just don't want you to go on xanax as its more habit forming (which is fair) but definitely xanax is better for panic attacks.

I'm currently on gabapentin and I drink from time to time not often though
I would say there's a fair cross tolerance from gabapentin(and all the drugs i listed) and klonopin. I bet that is where your problem lies.

Even if I took a low dose of gabapentin say 600mg 3x a week for a few weeks and took benzos the effects would be far weaker than it I hadn't took gabapentin. Its an incomplete cross tolerance but its still there.

I would say there's a fair cross tolerance from gabapentin(and all the drugs i listed) and klonopin. I bet that is where your problem lies.

Even if I took a low dose of gabapentin say 600mg 3x a week for a few weeks and took benzos the effects would be far weaker than it I hadn't took gabapentin. Its an incomplete cross tolerance but its still there.
well fuck, ty for the advice