• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Xanax Tolerance

JoeytT35

Greenlighter
So, this is my first post here so if any rules are broken I apologize in advance. Anyways, for some background I've been using drugs recreationally for early 2 years now, honestly any drug I could get my hands on. Recently I've been into bars, and before taking a two month-ish break from them I would get nice and relaxed from about .5mg or so, and that was my normal dose. However, when I returned from my absence, I've been downing them like crazy with little to no effect. I feel the relaxed feeling still but it takes 1-3 bars to get there which is FAR above my previous usage. The last two nights I've combined up to 5mg with a few beers each night and I was dumbfounded that I wasn't floored at that point. So, I guess my question is, has my tolerance skyrocketed that much? Is xanax just a bum drug to try and get high off of? Or perhaps they were bunk? Any suggestions would be appreciated as it burns a hole in my pocket and it's been quite confusing.

Could be bunk pills, tolerance or you're expecting too much
Either way stop now before you become completely addicted as benzo withdrawal can be hell on earth

Dude my rule was to never take more than 2-3 mgs of Xanax , or what would be a benzo equipotent to that dose, for 2 days in a row . If I took it any longer I'd freak out withdrawals but 5 mgs and beers is not a good sign ... that's like me with heroin , half a gram in 3 shots in 1-2 hours isn't good or normal that I can tolerate that so I have to taper

Yeah I appreciate the warning/concern. I rarely do them anymore I just don't prefer drinking at parties most of the time and xanax helps my nausea and social anxiety. I do my best to not make a habit of it, I know how awful addiction is, been through it with opiates and it ruined so much for me. I might be expecting too much. I was just confused considering how large of a dose I was taking. Thanks again.

Yeah I'd only experience withdrawals if I did them for a weekish or more. I was just confused how high my tolerance was when I rarely do them at all anymore. I know its dangerous but I usually just base it off how I feel and I was just very confused about how sober I felt haha.

That really bums me out hear u still have a tolerance. I just quit with my xanax and was hoping quit would make my tolerance go away like with opiates. I went from 1/4 a bar giving me a good high to three bars a day just to get a decent high so I quit today(hopefully lol) it was great in the beginnning but now it's just groggy tired high with taking full bars.

^ did you quit cold turkey ? Comming off of 3 bars = 6mg of alprazolam cold turkey can kill you due to seizures etc.!