• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Xanax Tolerance and wtihdrawals

Theroux

Bluelighter
Hi all, I was just wondering how quickly xanax tolerance builds and whether 50 x 1mg pills is enough to go through withdrawals and need to taper off slowly.
Sorry if this doesn't quite make sense on 3mg xannies now 8)

Yes 50x1mg is enough to build tolerance and withdrawal. 3mg is a high dose as well. I would recommend tapering.
How long have you been taking them for?

I feel so bad for benzo addicts, you guys are looking at the worst withdrawal in existence, as far we know.

Like dmtmixalis said, you should taper.

Damn, I've only taken 30x1mg over 2 weeks or so. This 3mg was an exception. Cheers guys, could I withdraw with the remaining xanax for example 0.5mg for a week, then 0.25 for a week etc

So easy to fall into an addiction cos they seem so benign.

It's no fun being a benzo addict, but with a proper taper you can minimise the turmoil of withdrawal. Ironically, i would tell myself it could be worse, i'm not taking heroin. Heroin withdrawal sounds like a walk in the park after playing with benzos.
Theroux, that taper plan sounds good, and you shouldn't suffer too much.

Damn, I've only taken 30x1mg over 2 weeks or so. This 3mg was an exception. Cheers guys, could I withdraw with the remaining xanax for example 0.5mg for a week, then 0.25 for a week etc

So easy to fall into an addiction cos they seem so benign.
My advice would be to taper from 2mg to 1mg to 0.5 to 0.25 in 4 days, everything else will just prolong the suffering for that short of a time. If you are lucky you will just experience rebound anxiety and insomnia for a few days and don't go through withdrawal. There are people that don't experience withdrawal after one month, but other people suffer from withdrawal after just two weeks. So if withdrawal is unbearable stick to a longer taper, like one week.
Stop as soon as possible.
Good luck :)

Consider starting a taper. You don't want to be on Xanax long-term. Words are inadequate to describe the level of hell you reach going through benzo withdrawal and PAWS from long term use. I know because I had a ten year run with Xanax and took my last one 6 years ago. The withdrawal/PAWS lasted for two years, and I still recovery (i.e. memory, anxiety). It's not worth it.