• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Xanax to kpins taper?

Makeupaddict87

Greenlighter
I posted a week ago about only using Xanax for 2 weeks 2-4mg. I have tapered the past 4 days (1.25,1.25,.5,.5) I heard it is easier to switch to kpins to get off them? Im actually having a really hard time and I'm 17 days in. Is it easier to switch to kpins? How much do I need and for how long?

You haven't been using long enough. Just cold turkey that shit son. You'll feel hellish for 3-5 days max then you'll be fine. In my experience, anyway...

But to answer your question: yes, tapering with Klonopin is easier due to the longer duration. You won't be going as nuts in between doses.

Don't get addicted to benzos. Seriously. I'm 8 months in on 4mg Xanax a day and I know I'm fucked.

Last edited:
I feel like I'm gonna die. I thought I was doing better. Thought I was gonna pass out this morning ugh. I'm off for the next 3 days starting tomorrow gonna try to ct

You'll be okay. I know that feeling. Heart palpitations, extreme psychomotor agitation, nights where I'd just lay in bed for 8 hours with RLS not getting a second of sleep. It sucks. But you can do it! Good luck.