• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Xanax stopped working?

Archarial

Greenlighter
Or my tolerance is through the roof. I took about 24mg of Alprazolam and I'm still anxious as hell, don't even feel any different. Have I broken myself?

Or my tolerance is through the roof. I took about 24mg of Alprazolam and I'm still anxious as hell, don't even feel any different. Have I broken myself?

No you're not broken, but you're definitely in need of repair.

Are these actual pharmaceutical (from a pharmacy) alprazolam or street pressed xanax?

Using benzos is like paying for anxiety relief using a credit who's interest rate you can't afford. You'll pay everything back with extreme interest, sometimes even one's life.

I recommend you consult a doctor and get a diazepam taper going asap. If that is not an option maybe try to obtain some diclazepam and taper slowly yourself.

Benzos are hell and i know this from far too much experience. At some point you have to pay that interest. The safest way is to do so slowly.

They pressed but tested, they may as well be pharmas. Do you think alcohol could work to taper? My family would surely disown me and kick me out if they knew I was doing xanax again. Thank you for your response by the way

try zoloft.

and yeah you're right, you took way too much. Stay true to yourself.

They pressed but tested, they may as well be pharmas. Do you think alcohol could work to taper? My family would surely disown me and kick me out if they knew I was doing xanax again. Thank you for your response by the way

Alcohol will not work to taper. It can help a little in cases of extreme anxiety but is generally not recommended at all during benzo withdrawal. It can complicate the process for benzo withdrawal and even drag it out. Pretty must nothing works for benzo withdrawal other than slowly tapering.

How long have you been on them?

On and off since March, ever since I realized I could get a few thousand sent to my place for a couple hundred bucks i figured why not to pass the time since there's nothing better to do (thanks covid). I'm very grateful for your responses but the gist of them seems to be to get medical help or to acquire a substance (diazepam) that I'm not sure is hardly on the black market here. I'll ask my personal resources far and wide for this substance but if I cannot find any is there anything I can do without a doctor's visit? Thank you again guys

Peace and Love to you all

24 mgs of Xanax is so high dose it should work.
How high are your doses normally?
Has your tolerance grown over time?
How long have you been using and has your use accelerated?
Do you use just for anxiety, or do you wish to get high?

Mostly to get high and pass the quarantine time. I thought it would be funny if I "time traveled" to 2021 cause this year sucks haha, though I really appreciated it's anxiolytic effects just do to world events. I will admit, however, it has become less about getting high and more about coping with anxiety. And I don't really know how but I would black out and there would be about 100 less in the morning. I have about 25 left right now which is 2 more doses for my tolerance if even. Are my options basically seek medical help or seek out this diazepam off the street somehow? Thanks again for everybody's responses. Much love.

Well you have a few options. Off and on since march doesnt sound that long. The more important number is how many day have you been taking it straight, and of those, what was the average dose. Other factors include prior benzo addiction. If you have been addicted before then this withdrawal will worse.

These are your options:

1) Buy more as soon as possible, grind them into a powder, buy a $20 milligram scale off of Amazon and slowly taper off or until you can get diazepam.

2) Get some diclazepam (an RC benzo which is like diazepam only 10x the potency) and taper off. Not that easy to find and no one on this site is permitted to help you find it

3) Find a doctor. Explain the situation.

4) Maximize the dose you have remaining and cold turkey. Worst case senario, you have a seizure (or a bunch of them). Best case, you'll have a few shitty weeks. Because of the severity of a possible seziure i'd recommend 1,2 or 3.

I think diazepam isn't as good option as Clonazepam (Klonopin brand name in US).
Clonazepam is very potent and lasts very long - much longer than xanax.
Only problem is that it takes a hour or two to kick fully in, so don't overdo it at the beginning.
Benzos have some cross tolerance.
If you can't find any benzos it's completely possible that you'll start having cramps or even seizures.
It's important that you get some benzos.

Okay, the hunt for kpins begins then. Thank you for your advice everybody. Wish me luck

One thing you might want to consider is that being a benzo addict really fucking sucks.
It's one of the worst ones out there, it can be worse than heroin.
You get the things, but then start dropping doses. Get them for the time you need them, don't just swap the drug since soon you're going to have turbo tolerance to that too.
Anyways, dropping doses always sucks. It's going to be annoying and there will be anxiety, but what you're trying to avoid is seizure, not anxiety.

No you're not broken, but you're definitely in need of repair.

Are these actual pharmaceutical (from a pharmacy) alprazolam or street pressed xanax?

Using benzos is like paying for anxiety relief using a credit who's interest rate you can't afford. You'll pay everything back with extreme interest, sometimes even one's life.

I recommend you consult a doctor and get a diazepam taper going asap. If that is not an option maybe try to obtain some diclazepam and taper slowly yourself.

Benzos are hell and i know this from far too much experience. At some point you have to pay that interest. The safest way is to do so slowly.

Diazepam is possibly the worst Benzodiazepine you can taper with at high doses

I think diazepam isn't as good option as Clonazepam (Klonopin brand name in US).
Clonazepam is very potent and lasts very long - much longer than xanax.
Only problem is that it takes a hour or two to kick fully in, so don't overdo it at the beginning.
Benzos have some cross tolerance.
If you can't find any benzos it's completely possible that you'll start having cramps or even seizures.
It's important that you get some benzos.

^^^ Exactly. Klonopin has the same plasma half life of Valium - 30-40 hours (18-60 range)

However it's "Active half life is exponentially longer, not to mention its low solubility and 85% protein binding that allows it to linger in the CNS, and last 6-12 hours (up to 24 hours with extreme doses)

OP, find Clonazepam, and begin a taper. Try to get a gabapentonoid to make it easier. Best ones are gabapentin and Lyrica (Lyrica BY FAR!)

Good Luck and hit us yup when you get to low doses because with Klonopin you will need to go down by .25mg at a a time(or even 1/8th, eventually once your dose is very low)

I know, I've done this before and I'm bracing myself for the kindling effect too

Posted this before I saw the last one, thanks for the advice, I'll look for those other ones too. Thank you everyone for you help. You guys are amazing <3

^^^ Exactly. Klonopin has the same plasma half life of Valium - 30-40 hours (18-60 range)

However it's "Active half life is exponentially longer, not to mention its low solubility and 85% protein binding that allows it to linger in the CNS, and last 6-12 hours (up to 24 hours with extreme doses)

OP, find Clonazepam, and begin a taper. Try to get a gabapentonoid to make it easier. Best ones are gabapentin and Lyrica (Lyrica BY FAR!)

Good Luck and hit us yup when you get to low doses because with Klonopin you will need to go down by .25mg at a a time(or even 1/8th, eventually once your dose is very low)

Diazepam is always the best if you can get enough. No doctor would prescribe the equivalent of 25mg of alprazolam (multi hundred milligrams), but I once convinced one to prescribe me 180mg of diazepam which I slowly tapered off of. It worked for me and the doses I was using were huge. Still was awful. Diazepam's half-life, and the fact that it comes as 2mg scored tabs, makes it by far the best benzo to detox with.

That's aside from the point though. The main advice is to get any benzo and slowly taper. Clonazepam is definite better than alprazolam.

If its the first time and it's only a few months of use a person can get away with quite a bit a come of out it relatively unscathed.

Very well explained.
I'll have to add that clonazapin can last for even 3 days at extreme doses. When I've done insane amounts I've easily blackouted the next day and been high 2 days after it. But now we're talking 30-100mg dosages.

Valium is a rapid acting Benzodiazepine with a short duration of action and short elimination or "active " half life. Nordazepam is an intermediate acting Benzodiazepine that wears off fastef than Lorazepam. Do your research

@negrogesic

Last edited:

Tested for what? Fent? As far as my knowledge goes there is no OTC/at home test to determine what benzo you are taking or even if it is a benzo. Only urinalysis which can confirm certain benzo metabolites.

No, alcohol is not going to help you taper with benzos.... it might take the edge off.... but it's not going to be easy. Trust me, every time I used alcohol for benzo withdrawal I barely even felt it and then felt like absolute shit on top of the anxiety from drinking too much.

I always suggest people get medical help with tapering benzos... it's serious business and should not be taken lightly.

And btw, Klonopin wafers come in 1/8th mg tablets so it is superior

when you fuck with benzos enough all you need to test for is fent. Taste and effects are enough to know if its real alp