• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Xanax-still good after 8 years?

KStoVAtinman

Greenlighter
Just finished an 8 year State vacation. Got home and my brother kept my old safe for me. I have several prescriptions for alprazolam and clonazepam. They’ve been in a climate controlled environment and there are both bottles of pills and a couple vacuum sealed bags. Are these still good? Thought I’d ask before becoming a Guinea Pig.

It's probably still just as potent as it was when it was first manufactured. The cool dark environment and lack of air kept it well preserved.

I was cleaning out my Grandma's house after her death and came across a cigar box full of benzos. They were quite old ( back when they dispensed in small brown glass bottles ) and I thought the bottles were cooler than the drugs in them. I sampled the librium, valium and one other I forgot the name and they were regular potency. The cigar box was in a cool dark closet on the top shelf and were good to go.

Heat, direct sunlight and humidity are the biggest things that will degrade the drugs.

Go easy with them as you have no tolerance. Glad you are out of custody and welcome to Bluelight.

Last edited:
Yes it's still fine.

But man 8 years clean and you're gonna come join us back in this addiction hell? For what?

It won't he "just one time." It won't be "just on party weekends" it never is.

Throw the safe in the ocean is my recommendation unless you have a medical problem that warrants using these drugs.

Yes it's still fine.

But man 8 years clean and you're gonna come join us back in this addiction hell? For what?

It won't he "just one time." It won't be "just on party weekends" it never is.

Throw the safe in the ocean is my recommendation unless you have a medical problem that warrants using these drugs.
I agree with everything you said. And sometimes knowing if something holds a value is good when you’re trying to rebuild everything. But 8 years in prison doesn’t mean I was clean the whole time. Just not last two.

Welcome home dude,cds involved ?

I recently found 4 year old Xanax and they were good as new ,no worries

I put them under my tongue

the psychoactive chemicals are almost all stable forever. some degrade in solution and lsd and derivates are light sensitive, thats it.

Just finished an 8 year State vacation. Got home and my brother kept my old safe for me. I have several prescriptions for alprazolam and clonazepam. They’ve been in a climate controlled environment and there are both bottles of pills and a couple vacuum sealed bags. Are these still good? Thought I’d ask before becoming a Guinea Pig.
Yep. They’ll still be good