• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Xanax snorting vs orally

Lil italy

Greenlighter
Taking xanax orally defiantly works alot better than snorting.. lasts alot longer and works better..

Yes it does lmao. Benzos are an oral ROA drug. You can chew em (sublingual) and youll get a litter faster onset but the taste is horrendous. Only people Ive ever known to chew up xanax bars were very "addict" like individuals.

Have fun:) taper your doses toward the end of your stash so you dont start having seizures.

Had a buddy that would only rail his bars. Tried to tell him that it's not really bioavailable intranasally but to no avail. Some people just like to snort stuff I guess

Taking xanax orally defiantly works alot better than snorting.. lasts alot longer and works better..

There is literally no point in snorting any benzos, unless you just want to damage your nasal passages and have a longer onset. I can't even imagine how disgusting a xanax drip would taste. Why is this in the MDMA thread anyway?

man snorting xanax is the best way to waste your blues/bars. just eat it, or put it under your tongue. Snorting xanax is a total waste of a great experience. Not trying to be a dick, just saying. eat that shit and enjoy!

Had a buddy that would only rail his bars. Tried to tell him that it's not really bioavailable intranasally but to no avail. Some people just like to snort stuff I guess

Yip, I've had this situation a few times. The other week a mate was saying he'd taken so much xanax recently he'd had to take to snorting them. Tried to explain to no avail...

OP, this is the MDMA sub forum. I'm sending this to basic drug discussion, so be sure to check it out there. :)

I will say that snorting xanax does work to some degree but it is definitely not as effective as oral consumption.

One week ago I snorted alprazolam because of a mistake. I think were methylphenidate tablets because I had it and both methylphenidate and alprazolam tablets are very similar, quasi-identic. I noticed that lines were smaller than usually and I noticed a different flavor but I thought it was because of my major dental surgery the previous day.

I know several people who will preach that snorting xanax bars works, despite scientific evidence disregarding such..... I am coming to believe that these people who wouldn't dare eat one and always snort their bars claiming it works better, is because of a likely active placebo they are getting. (for those who don't know what an active placebo is: "An active placebo is a placebo that produces noticeable side effects that may convince the person being treated that they are receiving a legitimate treatment, rather than an ineffective placebo.") I can imagine, just like inhaling smoke, there are symptoms you experience. With smoke i can relate to the asphyxiation, light headedness and other things. I'm guessing there is a sensation some experience with the alprazolam powder up their nose. Obviously this sensation is enjoyable and gives a sort of rush in a way, that probably leads them into their later experience when the alprazolam or other benzo is finally absorbed in their stomach.... Thus reinforcing their claim on snorting stuff like xanax.

There are things i snort, but the only reason it will be going up my nose in the first place, is so that it will be absorbed intranasally. I'm not sniffing a bunch a xanax powder to make it take longer on its way to my stomach all the while causing additional side effects of having all that powder jammed up in my nasal membranes, dripping down the back. For me it makes me sneeze a lot and i usually miss the xanax high i'm after because of the sub-allergic style reaction i get.