Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Xanax - Second Time - could have died,

Aidens

Bluelighter
Now normally, I am very careful and exact and meticulous when it comes to drug use so I had never in a million years seen this coming. This happened a week or so ago and just thought I'd make a post on blue light to give an account of my story and the dangerous potential of this drug. Well. I had a terrible experience recently that made me respect the drug a lot more than I thought I should. It taught me who my good and bad friends were. Most of this story is recounted by my friends who told me what happened.
So, recently I attained 200mg of pure alprazolam powder which I put into 50ml of 50%ethanol and dissolved it all finally. I took a half ml(supposed to be a bar) and felt alright but not what I thought I would. I knew the powder was of good quality, but not 100% so it wasn't actually a bar's worth of alprazolam. This was a good experience nonetheless and I chilled with friends listening to music and drifted into one of the best slumbers of my life.
So, now familiar with the substance, I try to make it more recreational. I go to a friend of a friends house who I kind of knew. He's big on xanax so I thought we'd have a grand old time. I get there and we start chatting and end up taking a half ml each(half dropped in our noses and half in the mouth). To make a long story short, the next 4 hours were pretty much spent chatting next to a bonfire and SO STUPIDLY just casually dropping drops of xanax into our noses and mouths the ENTIRE TIME. I thought I was completely fine throughout this entire venture, why? Cause I had blacked out after the first 30 minutes. This blackout continued for about 8 hours I'd say, and in my blacked out state I had no thought that taking more drops would just make things exponentially worse. In the middle I even dropped a drop of the ETHANOL SOLUTION into my friend of friend's EYEBALL. We thought it was hilarious. We were just seriously fucked up. I was with 2 other good friends of mine, and one was doing lesser amounts of the alprazolam than me and the friend of friend but still doing some. It was time to go home. I was in the deepest darkest blackout of my life(and my alcohol blackouts are pretty bad) and our friend drove us to a nice Mexican restaurant to eat(I wanted nothing, just to chill out there) and walking to the restaurant I just collapse and rip open my knee with large amounts of blood coming out. I couldn't even walk into the restaurant, my friends helped me in(with many glares from everyone) and cleaned me up. Somehow, I still thought I was pretty sober in my fucked up xannied out mind. It comes time for me to go, because I assured myself I can go to work and just sleep, instead of my friends house(WHY?!?! I don't fuckin know.) my sober friend says no stay here but I insist that I could drive and go. He didn't fight me because he would get shit from his dad if I came in. Although he witnessed me eat shit at the restaurant, he allows me to go. Alone. Blacked out on what I assume to be about 4.5-5 bars of xanax. The rest of the story just comes in fragments, since no one was with me to for a while to tell me what happened. I drive for about 5 minutes and rear end a car. I remember flashes of this and called my parents and they helped me sort it out. Phew. No insurance called. No cops. Thank god. I continue driving, to go home instead because I was so rustled by the experience. The next flash of memory is me on the side of the highway, my front right tire completely exploded. I assume I hit a median. This time a cop shows up, he tells me that he received complaints about a car weaving and swerving, my car. I told him I hadn't gotten any sleep(which was also true) and that I was just trying to get home and must've nodded off. I call my parents again. They know something's up now. They come to me while I'm still talking to the cop. I have no idea what else I said. He tells me he's inclined to do a sobriety test, which I barely pass with some bs that I told him. Thank god I drank no alcohol, I was even scared to take a breathalyzer. 0.00. Phew. My parents somehow get him to not take me into the station, so I go with them as my car is towed. This second accident was at about 8:30. I come to again around 12. There's a family party at my house today(fuck). Everyone said I didn't look right. I said I was just tired. The rest of the day is just a blur but I do remember a flash of me having great sex with my girlfriend, but impossible for me to finish. Then more blur. Apparently I fell asleep on the toilet multiple times when I just went to go pee, this was 18 hours+ after the binge.

Bottom line: be careful... It's so easy to overdose without knowing it, then dosing some more. I was naive enough to think it was no big deal, but it really is. I hate my "good" friend for allowing me to drive just because he didn't want to hear shit from his dad. I could have easily killed myself and many others while driving my car. I'm so fucking surprised I didn't. I'm blessed. I don't know of this story will help anyone or not, or if anyone will even read it, but I just felt the need to post. Feel free to comment on my stupidity or ask questions. Sorry if this is a bad report I'm not the best writer and it's late.
Thanks for reading if you cared to hahah.

Whoa, scary man. I once had a benzo blackout (from combining regular doses of 3 benzos, which was of course 3 times a regular dose), where the last thing I remember is driving to the airport (on my way to a work training week), and the next thing I remember is walking out of my hotel room (in Dallas, I started in NC) on the way to my rental car to drive to the office (I was fine from then on). It turns out I had done all of the following during this blackout, I must have been functional but I will never know if anything happened:

Drove to the airport
Parked in long-term parking, got a ticket to be able to pick my car back up and wrote the section on the ticket successfully
Got my boarding pass, got on the first plane
Landed in a connecting airport, found the next flight, boarded that
Arrived in Dallas, figured out how to pick up my rental car
Figured out how to get out of the airport while driving and get to my hotel which I had never been to before
Got my room checked in and took a shower

Scary shit man, anything could have happened... sounds like a lot more negatives did happen to you though.

I changed the title of your report slightly to fit with guidelines. :)

Whoa, scary man. I once had a benzo blackout (from combining regular doses of 3 benzos, which was of course 3 times a regular dose), where the last thing I remember is driving to the airport (on my way to a work training week), and the next thing I remember is walking out of my hotel room (in Dallas, I started in NC) on the way to my rental car to drive to the office (I was fine from then on). It turns out I had done all of the following during this blackout, I must have been functional but I will never know if anything happened:

Drove to the airport
Parked in long-term parking, got a ticket to be able to pick my car back up and wrote the section on the ticket successfully
Got my boarding pass, got on the first plane
Landed in a connecting airport, found the next flight, boarded that
Arrived in Dallas, figured out how to pick up my rental car
Figured out how to get out of the airport while driving and get to my hotel which I had never been to before
Got my room checked in and took a shower

Scary shit man, anything could have happened... sounds like a lot more negatives did happen to you though.

I changed the title of your report slightly to fit with guidelines. :)
Thanks, next time I'll name it correctly :)
Damn, sounds like a nice break hahah, a functional blackout. Still scary as shit to me, that yeah, anything could've happened to us without us knowing. I feel so powerlful(and powerless in my own blackout case) with this vial of alprazolam(which I'm trying to give away, fuck benzos lol) because with a simple squeeze, someone's life is in my hands... Kinda fucked up to think about.

A thoroughly entertaining report, I hardly read this section anymore. I'd suggest to break up your giant paragraph a little bit though :)

Glad you're safe, I'm starting to dabble in these, but have put a limit for myself: 0.5g // 1 shot alcohol (worked well so far).

Wow the almost exact same thing happened to me about a month ago. My story ends up with me meeting my dealer, buying coke, hitting a telephone pole and still driving. Then cops showed up and I got taken in but they could clearly see I was not in my right mind, so they sent me to the hospital. I slept for the next three days straight and when I looked in my car I found 2 20 bags of coke (which the cops didn't take, even tho they knew it was there, because I phoned the arresting officer to thank him for sending me to be hospitalized and he informed me about the baggies). I think I ended taking in total 60mg over an hour of xanax and I totally have no memory of anything after taking the first 2mgs until 3 days later. Scary.

Wow the almost exact same thing happened to me about a month ago. My story ends up with me meeting my dealer, buying coke, hitting a telephone pole and still driving. Then cops showed up and I got taken in but they could clearly see I was not in my right mind, so they sent me to the hospital. I slept for the next three days straight and when I looked in my car I found 2 20 bags of coke (which the cops didn't take, even tho they knew it was there, because I phoned the arresting officer to thank him for sending me to be hospitalized and he informed me about the baggies). I think I ended taking in total 60mg over an hour of xanax and I totally have no memory of anything after taking the first 2mgs until 3 days later. Scary.
Wow, you got off even luckier than I did haha. I'm glad I'm not the only here thanks guys :D

I really hope these vendors find a better benzo to synth and sell as a powder than alprazolam. Way too easy for people to order absurd amounts and get themselves into blackout binges without even knowing it, and that just causes trouble, which brings attention, which brings an end to the fun for those who are more responsible.

How much harder is it to synth diazepam? Or even lorazepam? Something that isn't as moreish and prone to amnesia.

I really hope these vendors find a better benzo to synth and sell as a powder than alprazolam. Way too easy for people to order absurd amounts and get themselves into blackout binges without even knowing it, and that just causes trouble, which brings attention, which brings an end to the fun for those who are more responsible.

How much harder is it to synth diazepam? Or even lorazepam? Something that isn't as moreish and prone to amnesia.
I don't think it's a matter of how hard it is to synth, it's that the demand for xanax or klonopin is much higher than that of other benzos. Why synth it if you'll have a hard time selling it, right? At least that's what I think. It's just a matter of learning. I wasn't an irresponsible user, it's just that once blacked out(although I was still highly functional) take more because I don't know better, as my mind is gone. But I see what you're saying. Now, I still take some drops here and there and use it for it's intended purpose, anti anxiety and sleep. Binging is just where the problems arise. I take a couple drops before sleep and have a wondrous slumber.

Hey guy, the same thing happened to me about a year ago..
I used to do 4-6mgs at a time so I thought I would function normally at 3. I had the dumbest idea of doing them right before school, thinking I would have the best trip ever but that wasn't the case.
I sat down and took one bar (2mg) waited 30 minutes and nothing happened. I upped the dose and took half of a bar, I was used to higher doses so I thought I would be fine. I remember walking a little wobbley and everything else was a blur.. From account of my friends, I started slurring my words and walking off campus. I didn't get that far because I fell and layed there for about 15 minutes. I remember being on the floor finding it impossible to get up. I also remember trying to as for help but everything coming out of my mouth was just noises. Eventually, I found enough strength to get off the floor and continue walking off campus. By then, the security noticed me and everyone knew something was wrong. I fell again, and next thing I know I'm being wheeled into the office by the principal. They tell me they are about to call an ambulance and my parents. I am thrown in panic mode because I know I will be tested for drugs and have more than 20 bars on me ( I was planning to take them all) I ask to use the bathroom them flush them all down the toilet. I tell them I took a little too much Advil for my migraine problem and they actually believe me. I am sent home. When I get there I immediately fall asleep for about 6hrs.

One of the most embarrassing days in my life.. I obviously didn't learn my lesson because I came to school under the influence again but my tolerance was higher so it wasn't that bad. I quit xanax and I have been clean for a year ( I relapsed about 9 months ago but other than that I haven't taken it since) and I miss it to this day. I really do need it sometimes the only thing that stops me is that I cannot find any. Be careful on xanax because usually when I'm on it I take more until I black out. It's more dangerous than you think.

I feel so lucky that my experiences with benzos have resulted in zero desire to replicate the experiences. Benzos are simultaneously useful for a variety of purposes and totally fucked for recreational uses, or so I've come to think. If you're in the mindset of "I will have fun with this", then you run a huge risk of poor judgement, blackout, addiction even death. Many people use them recreationally without trouble but I'm convinced they're not worth it 95% of the time.

I don't even find them recreational... the only one I've tried that even makes me feel good is etizolam but even then a million things are better.

In 1991, a friend came over with Percocet and Zopiclone that he was prescribed as a result of chest surgery. We started drinking beer and eating some pills every 20 minutes. Had to go get more beer (I don't remember this). We ended up drinkign 36 beer between us and calling a friend to bring more over (we knew we couldn't drive).

This friend came, dropped off beer in disgust and left. By this time we didn't want to drink, and all we wanted was more pills, so we went digging around in the medicine cabinet. Found Dilaudid, Seconal and Temazepam. We took a bunch; I have no idea what or how much.

Other than a blackout, neither me nor my friend did anything bad or suffered.

That was the end of my pill popping days (the wild pill popping days that is). I settled into a 15ish year 2mg Alprazolam/day comfort level, punctuated by occasional Lorazepam and Diazepam. But since January 2010 nothing. Didn't intend to stop; just grew very bored with them.

Tom

For 15 years you took 2mg per day? Did you withdraw? You must have.

I know the feeling. Around 2001 I was at a party and was given a klonopin. I didn't even know what it was. Smart..... I know. Well anyways we started playing the spin the quarter drinking game. I thought I will be a badass and slam my beer even though the quarter stopped.

"Yo Dawg... Yo Dawg.. Let me get that... Let me get that." I look up and see a fat black dude standing over me. "Yo dawg let me get that!!!" I look down to where he is motioning to see I have been using a toilet paper role as a pillow. I hand it to him and he sits down next to me to do his business. My vision is becoming clearer and I suddenly see bars. BARS! What where am I? Oh shit! I'm in jail.

I guess I had already called my parents because the bail out process was quick and mostly a blur. When I get out I learn why I was in jail. Apparently I got picked up 20miles from the party trying to steal beer from a 7-11. The clerk said I walked in and tried to get beer but it was past 2AM and the doors to the fridge were locked. I then went around the coolers through a door and helped myself to what I wanted and proceeded to walk straight out the front door while the clerk yelled "Hey I'm going to call the cops." To which I replied "call the fucking cops" as I sat down on the curb and started to drink my beer. For this last part I am eternally grateful because I sat there drinking my beer waiting for the cops even though my car was right there. The cops said I could barely walk and would have killed somebody for sure. I don't doubt this.

So I get home and I get a call from my friend. "Where the fuck are you?"

"I just got out of jail." I then have to explain why I was in jail to his amusement.

"Yo man.... everyone is looking for you so they can beat your ass. You better give back all the stuff you stole."

"What stuff?" I then open my trunk to see the largest cache of booty; purses, wallets, shoes of all various sizes, laptops, a vase, pants, shirts and dresses. I am dumbfounded to say the least.

I will spare you with all the dialogue but everyone at the party got trashed and decided to go skinny dipping. I guess I took this time to sneak around the house like a cat burglar stealing all their possessions including their clothes and a few miscellaneous items for good measure. I was forgiven after I returned every last item but not without a little wrangling on my part. As it turns out people don't like going skinny dipping only to find out all their clothes and stuff are stolen. They weren't to happy about having to stand around naked trying to figure out what to do next without any money. Still makes me laugh to this day. Though it was such an unbelievable shock to have blacked out and done something so out of my character but it could have definitely been worse.

Last edited:
For 15 years you took 2mg per day? Did you withdraw? You must have.

I took 4 weeks holidays, kept to myself and smashed a lot of stuff. Drank too heavily, didn't sleep very well, etc. Had headaches all the time and was very agitated. Funny thing was I didn't attribute it to withdrawl. It was because of a breakup with my fiancee. The breakup was why I took 4 weeks off. She was my source of Alprazolam (she was prescribed it like candy but didn't really use it).

You know the funny thing is that I don't really know why I took it. It was just there in abundance; it mixed nice with alcohol.

I did use to sleep like a baby on it. Not so much any more.

Tom

[edit - I can provide more detail now that I am not at work and sorta rushed]
- they were 0.5 mg pink scored pills. I used to chew them like gum because I loved the bitter taste.
-I always carried a bottle with me in case things got 'tense'; meaning if there was crap at work I'd pop 1 pr 2.
- In the evenings was when I would combine alcohol with Alprazolam; sometimes on weeknights, always on the weekend
-I was never worried an=bout becoming addicted, developing a tolerance, etc bbecause the pills were always there and they never cost anything
-I used them from age 35 until 50
end edit]

Last edited:
I know the feeling. Around 2001 I was at a party and was given a klonopin. I didn't even know what it was. Smart..... I know. Well anyways we started playing the spin the quarter drinking game. I thought I will be a badass and slam my beer even though the quarter stopped.

"Yo Dawg... Yo Dawg.. Let me get that... Let me get that." I look up and see a fat black dude standing over me. "Yo dawg let me get that!!!" I look down to where he is motioning to see I have been using a toilet paper role as a pillow. I hand it to him and he sits down next to me to do his business. My vision is becoming clearer and I suddenly see bars. BARS! What where am I? Oh shit! I'm in jail.

I guess I had already called my parents because the bail out process was quick and mostly a blur. When I get out I learn why I was in jail. Apparently I got picked up 20miles from the party trying to steal beer from a 7-11. The clerk said I walked in and tried to get beer but it was past 2AM and the doors to the fridge were locked. I then went around the coolers through a door and helped myself to what I wanted and proceeded to walk straight out the front door while the clerk yelled "Hey I'm going to call the cops." To which I replied "call the fucking cops" as I sat down on the curb and started to drink my beer. For this last part I am eternally grateful because I sat there drinking my beer waiting for the cops even though my car was right there. The cops said I could barely walk and would have killed somebody for sure. I don't doubt this.

So I get home and I get a call from my friend. "Where the fuck are you?"

"I just got out of jail." I then have to explain why I was in jail to his amusement.

"Yo man.... everyone is looking for you so they can beat your ass. You better give back all the stuff you stole."

"What stuff?" I then open my trunk to see the largest cache of booty; purses, wallets, shoes of all various sizes, laptops, a vase, pants, shirts and dresses. I am dumbfounded to say the least.

I will spare you with all the monologue but everyone at the party got trashed and decided to go skinny dipping. I guess I took this time to sneak around the house like a cat burglar stealing all their possessions including their clothes and a few miscellaneous items for good measure. I was forgiven after I returned every last item but not without a little wrangling on my part. As it turns out people don't like going skinny dipping only to find out all their clothes and stuff are stolen. They weren't to happy about having to a stand around naked trying to figure out what to do next without any money. Stills makes me laugh to this day. Though it was such an unbelievable shock to have blacked out and done something so out of my character but it could have definitely been worse.

Wow man, that's really intense. Apparently benzos turn you into a shithead. :D

Benoz kleptomania is pretty well established. Even normally good people require some semblance of behavioral inhibition and reasoned planning.

ebola

That's so weird hahah. I don't think I seemed to out of character, although I was very vulgar to my mother without realizing. I mainly get character changes of things I wouldn't normally do when I'm drunk(blacked out mainly)

Damn, glad your were ok man.

I still just simply do not understand how anyone finds benzos to be recreational though.

I've been taking 1.5mgs of Klonopin a day for 10 years and have NEVER ONCE gotten any kind of "high" from it it just helps me with anxiety.

I guess the only time I experienced any kind of "high" from a benzo was some valium IV before surgery made me feel very nice and talkative with the anesthesiologist haha, so I KIND of get it...but it's just SO perplexing to me that a lot of people consider my medication their drug of choice when the only thing I've experienced when taking too much is unpleasant grogginess.

I'm gonna be trying Xanax for the first time pretty soon here, and I plan on making a report on it.
I have some experience with Benzos. I experimented with Klonopin, and the most I took at one time was 4mg. That made me black out without even knowing. I was sitting at my computer, and next thing you know, I open my eyes and it's 2 hours later.
I don't take Klonpoin very often, but when I do, my ideal dose is 2mg. It gets the job done in the sense that I don't give a fuck about anything while I'm on it, but I wish there was more of a euphoric feel to it.

Anyways, if anyone has experience with both Xanax and Klonopin, which would you say is the superior? I do know that Klonopin stays in your system longer, but I hear Xanax kicks in a lot faster than Klonopin.