• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Xanax 'script not working anymore; What other benzos should I try?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol i kind of skipped everyone responses because i already know what it would say. Don't know what to tell you bra, your fucked. Xanax is one of the most potent benzos, and its fast acting. If you are truely taking 14 bars and not feeling anything, only explanation for this would be your GABA receptors and the whole entire GABA system is down regulated and fucked up. This isn't the exact math but 14 bars is like taking at least 60 valiums, talk to your doc.

Definitely, DEFINITELY not Valum! I made that mistake of tryin Valium and got off my Xanax...horrible mistake. I would try Kolonipin if it were me. Gl in whatever you get. Axiety/panic sucks to go through.

If diaz won't do you any good (even at higher doses?) then clonazepam is definitely your best choice. Especially considering you have quite a tolerance to benzos. Klonopin is equal to Xanax mg per mg. If you need a fast onset take the kpins sublingually, I love the minty taste always lets me know I'm in for some relaxation.

Benzodiazepines are dead to you. Get out now while you still can.

You want a clonazepam and pregabalin combo to taper on.

I'd recommend starting around 12mg clonazepam and 300mg pregabalin a day at first.

Seriously.

I was scripted 12mg xanax, 120mg diazepam, 2mg flunitrazepam daily and would take 30+ mg of xanax to feel anything.

Even 5 months since being sober I can still barely feel benzo's...

With the tolerance you describe, benzos are no longer going to be of any therapeutic benefit to you. If and when you run out of meds, the rebound anxiety is going to be far worse that your original anxiety ever was in the first place.

My best advice would be to talk to your doctor and get put on valium to start tapering off of the benzos. Maybe some sort of antidepressant would be more effective at combating your anxiety and panic issues at this juncture.

I agree about trying to withdrawal if possible before you become completely dependent. I've seen it so many times with friends/family and experienced it myself as well. Not only do the meds stop working but eventually your anxiety starts to get even worse than before while your still on the meds! So basically, trying to go off at that point is like hell.

Please withdrawal with a dr. supervised and very slow tapering though! Be aware that benzo withdrawal has been fatal in many cases of people trying to go off cold turkey. It can cause seizures and heart problems.

I don't agree with an anti depressant and feel it won't help your anxiety. Something to consider is having a PRN dose of a benzo for when your having a very bad panic attack if you get off of ones now. You need to have self control though, only using rarely and when absolutely needed with breaks in between. This way they retain most of their effectiveness and you can avoid tolerance.

Personally I do this but use it like literally once a month 3 times at the most. It's better to have something that works in an emergency instead of being immune to it when you really need it!

Hey, have you tried the 3mgs XR? maybe 3-4 of those would help you out.

Hillarious aint I? =D

Let us know how things are developing. What are your thoughts on these replies? You really only have 1 choice, to stay on benzo or not. And these people all seem convinced you should try and get off them. But if you are really on these levels you are talking about, you are goin to need help. Perhaps a clinic.
Anyway, let us know how yer doin.

love n strength

Another thing ive noticed with these posts is that there has got to be something seriously fucked with the american doctors. I live in Europe and if you get scripted 4mgs of alprazolam here, youre a happy dopefiend. Im clean today but some years ago me and my friends could only dream of getting scripted anything heavier than 5mgs of valium.

Is there a discussion about this in the US?

shit, i got off topic.

Am I the only one who noticed this thread is from 2010? =D

Apparently so :D

Anyway, some good discussion was had!

Closed, pm me with any queries.

Status
Not open for further replies.