• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Xanax recreational

OxyNEO

Greenlighter
Just wondering how long it take to develop withdrawal symptoms for recreational Xanax (also as needed). I don't have a prescription but I have anxiety and insomnia but since my drug abuse history my doctor won't prescribe me any benzodiazepines or sleep aids (I've been through detox for it before at 8mg a day when I abused it so I know how bad it is btw).

Okay so hypothetically if I took like a half a bar for sleep every night and 2-3mg on weekends to party would should I be worried about WDs? I have a steady supply I'm just worried about WDs because I'm not gonna have my connect forever obviously (I go to out of state university so would have to take breaks). Any input would be appreciated.

if you take xanax everyday be prepared for wd's to some degree

Just wondering how long it take to develop withdrawal symptoms for recreational Xanax (also as needed). I don't have a prescription but I have anxiety and insomnia but since my drug abuse history my doctor won't prescribe me any benzodiazepines or sleep aids (I've been through detox for it before at 8mg a day when I abused it so I know how bad it is btw).

Okay so hypothetically if I took like a half a bar for sleep every night and 2-3mg on weekends to party would should I be worried about WDs? I have a steady supply I'm just worried about WDs because I'm not gonna have my connect forever obviously (I go to out of state university so would have to take breaks). Any input would be appreciated.
If you've abused and been addicted and gone through withdrawals with Xanax before, then it won't take very long at all to reset your addiction and tolerance to what it was, and therefore experience withdrawal symptoms.

I have heard from many people Xanax is one of the worst benzos to withdraw from. Slowly take less and less until you feel able to make the jump. Be careful though, benzo withdrawl of any kind is no joke! I am terrified to even try and get off of the klonopin I take everyday and have taken for years. The times I have gone from taking my 3-4mgs a day of kpin to nothing at all have been terrible! one of the worst feelings on this earth, way worse than opiate withdrawls.

After a week everyday u will have withdrawal symptoms like raised anxiety and insomnia .Anything over a month everyday you are asking for a reeal bad time,anything over 6 months everyday you are asking for a medical emergency if u come off CT

I was using ~5mg or so of Alpraz - amongst many other benzodiazepines on a daily basis for 3 months. I ran out of the shorter acting heavy hitters first but had Loraz/Bromaz and a few Diaz to help me off to bed for that time. I sorta forgot to 'taper' - I just took em. Eventually I ran out and it took awhile to get to sleep, laying there for 3-4 hours before I drifted off.

Didn't really get any extra anxiety or any hugely mood altering negative effects - it seemed to just be slight boredom and shitty sleep. I figure I got pretty lucky on that one, tho, hah.

Ideally the moral of what I personally experienced is if you haven't been using 'em consistently for more than a few months then it won't be hell coming off em.

Physical dependency happens at different rates from person to person.. That being said, it can take as little as 3-4 days of use, to develop dependency..

I would adhere to the advise of the above posters, and start tapering now.

If you've abused and been addicted and gone through withdrawals with Xanax before, then it won't take very long at all to reset your addiction and tolerance to what it was, and therefore experience withdrawal symptoms.

Physical dependency happens at different rates from person to person.. That being said, it can take as little as 3-4 days of use, to develop dependency..

I would adhere to the advise of the above posters, and start tapering now.
^^^