• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

xanax questions

g_dan1

Bluelighter
Hello Everyone! I just got some 2mg xanax bars from a pharmacy. I tried xanax once before but didn't feel anything and later found out that its fake.

1) what's a good starting dose for 5'11, 150lbs male?

2) How many times a week can I take it without developing a tolerance or becoming dependent on it? I definitely have anxiety but I don't wanna take it often and rely on it every time I'm worried about something

3) how fast does the tolerance develop if you take it 1-2 times a week or only take very small doses in anxious situations?

4) how is it compared to alcohol? Very similar? How are both different?

5) will it give me rebound anxiety the next day just like alcohol does?

Thank you!

1) half a bar
2) you will always develop a tolerance, but to avoid addiction if you only use it a couple times a week, and not two days in a row, you should be okay (no guarantees).
3) faster than you'd expect - keep it as little as possible
4) they're both downers, they can both make you forgetful, sleepy and aggressive (the later trait exacerbated when mixing the two).
5) if you use it as prescribed and don't abuse it, it shouldn't. but its possible yes.

1) 1mg. If you feel nothing after an hour and a half, you can take another .5 or 1mg.

2,3) Seriously, seriously depends. Keeping is right, at least that's been my experience as well. I can use a few times a week but I don't use daily anymore. I did use daily in high doses for 2 months and was somehow ok but I'm an anomaly. Most people say never use daily for more than a week. Pretty fast, but I don't really know because at first I accidentally blacked out a lot. But even after a single higher dose use (higher than yours) you'll probably have a slight tolerance. Not the same as addiction though. And yes, tolerance will technically build to small doses if used frequently enough, but it'll only build to those doses. A slight benzo tolerance is probably not a bad thing.

4) more similar than most other drugs but still distinct. To me, it somehow feels "cleaner" than alcohol. Better for chilling at home than parties imo.

5) it can, but like keeping said, probably not unless you abuse it. I've only ever experienced noticeable rebound effects from clonazolam, which is a hardcore RC benzo. Even etizolam, which I've literally taken hundreds of mgs of over the past 6 months, somehow still doesn't give me rebound effects, so either I'm an anomaly or etizolam is less addictive for some reason. Alcohol almost always gives me rebound effects, even small amounts, and I don't drink nearly as much as I abuse benzos. If you're starting to feel benzo rebound effects frequently, you could be well on your way to physical dependence. That's pretty much how I limit my benzo use, I'll stop as soon as I get rebound effects, I just haven't yet. *said every addict* lol. But for real if you do ever get strong rebound effects, they're fucked. Like alcohol rebounds but the insomnia is worse and you're constantly on the edge of a panic attack. If that happens quit for a while just to be safe.

Thanks for your help guys!
I have 2mg green bars that can be divided in 3 parts.
Yesterday i took a third and didnt feel anything really :( im gonna try 1 mg today.
I tried oxycodone before and apparantly im immune to it cuz i didnt feel anything from 15 mg on my first try.
I was wondering if xanax immunity is
possible just like with oxy due to some enzyme variations?

Also will sublingual roa be better for me?
Thanks!

lol, youre immune to oxy. love when people say things like that.

yes, you are immune to all drugs and have NOTHING to EVER WORRY ABOUT! so just keep eating Xanny bars and you'll be great.

Maybe you are one of those people who don't feel oxycodone much. Sublingually xanax will hit you faster. Try one mg (half the bar) and see how you feel. Xanax can be quite sedating compared to oxy so don't try and drive or operate heavy machinery.

lol, youre immune to oxy. love when people say things like that.

yes, you are immune to all drugs and have NOTHING to EVER WORRY ABOUT! so just keep eating Xanny bars and you'll be great.
Is this really necessary? If you can't be helpful, why bother replying at all?

just took 2mg 2 hours ago and im not really feeling much.... just a little bit relaxed. can still do everything perfectly fine. when my girlfriend took xanax first time (2mg) she was totally messed up, was sluurring, and didnt remember anything after.
Why cant i feel anything from 2mg? :(
i took 1mg and then another 1mg 1 hour later.

Do you want to be slurring? What are you expecting? You feel relaxed, its most likely working.

To be frank, benzos suck recreationally. If you have anxiety, they can be miraculous but there are far better substances (and safer in the long run) to experiment with recreationally.

You are aware of the addictive nature of benzos and how dangerous withdrawal can be correct? Not saying you will experience either but considering my low opinion of recreational benzos, the risks are too much.

ime i have found that the 'recreational' effects of benzos are very subtle. the best feeling i have ever gotten from them is RELIEF, i suffer from panic attacks and my god they are fucking awful. as soon as i take a valium and the horrible feels subside, THAT is recreational for me. no euphoria or 'high', just relief from my neuroses.

oh and are you a guy? you're probably bigger than your gf, hence she was sedated from the same dose as you. take a whole bar if you want to get hugely sedated, but you'll find that that isn't really recreational, just silly.

Another question: Let's say i use xanax 1-2 times a week max for anxiety and not the the point of balcking out. How long would it take for my tolerance to go up and for me to increase my dosage?
Im trying to keep it as low as possible. Would taking it every 2 weeks not cause much of a tolerance?
Also does alcohol raise it too?
Thanks

Depends on the user, but could range from 1 to 3 months. For others, tolerance doesn't develop rapidly when only taken on an as needed basis (ie 1-2x/week). I take xanax daily usually 2-3mg, sometimes skipping days and usually take one week off a month from using my xanax.

Taking it every 2 weeks would definitely slow the progression of tolerance and having to increase the dose for the same effectiveness, that is if you are using xanax as prescribed and not taking it to feel the "high". If you are taking them to get high, you will experience a more rapid tolerance development.

I have been taking xanax for about a year now, half of the time prn but now i am taking 2mg daily, and for me I do feel that my tolerance has increased a lot. By saying that I mean 1 year ago i could take 1mg and feel very intense relaxation to the point of sedation, whereas now I take 1-2mg and am highly functional, social, and not drooling or sedated at all. In my experience, alcohol may effect xanax tolerance, after all the both do work by manipulating GABA. Daily drinking might make xanax feel less effective.

Thanks alot of advice!
I was wondering if i should take xanax on empty stomach and would it make any difference in effect? I read some posts from people saying they dont feel xanax after a full meal

For me, it's not much of a difference in effect on empty vs full stomach. Only benefit to me is that it kicks in faster. But xanax should still work at the same effectiveness after eating. Other drugs like ambien and lunesta are some of the drugs that are not as effective when taken on a full stomach,