• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Xanax Potentiation with Tagamet (cimetidine) and White Grefruit Juice= less=More

ComprizeR

Greenlighter
Fellow Bluelighters

Now I apologize since this is my very first post as a "green-lighter" so be a little empathetic is all I ask. I've already am picking up on some of the proper etiquette in regards to ("Swim" and my "pet" bs). My only question is regarding to the timing for HOW MANY AND WHEN to take the 200 Mg Tagamet (cimetidine) tablets prior to taking xanax bar. One typically has a 4mg tolerance and is trying to either intensify or prolong a 2mg or 1mg pill, in hopes to eventually get the desire effects of only having to take half of a bar or just one bar. Lastly I would like to reinforce that gogle has been used as well as the other threads. The multitude of threads have been misleading and have not communicated a straightforward potentiation. I understand each person may be different and have their own opinions but I would just like to gather further knowledge from the veterans that have experimented. Thank you so much a nd I appreciate taking out the time to read my entire post,,and hopefully post a reply.

Reiteration:

1. How many Tagamet tablets should one take?

2. How long should my one wait to take the tagamet (cimetidine) (200mg each per tablet) prior to the administration of xanax for the optimal and best feeling result. (ive heard to take a total of 600 mg of Tagamet pior 45 mins, 3 hours, 1, hour etc) So timing is key and I am trying to find that out

3. One also has white grapefruit juice on hand and was wondering at what point should and how much of the juice should one consume prior to taking the xanax 2mg.

People have recommended 3 hours before taking the xanax bar which didn't do much for one, but then again one only took half of his normal dose which is 2mg.

Again I really appreciate this and understand that this may and should be under an entirely different thread. But you you cannot expect a kid whose never touched a basketball, to swish a 3 point shot with great form. I will get the hang of this and will be less of a nuisance to moderators and those workeing behind the scenes. Thanks again for any advice/ recommendations appreciated.

P.S one has already done a fairly amount of research and realize how strong and fast acting Xanax is and "why some may think there is no need for potentiation". So please welcome this new member with open arms and omit any sarcastic postings, or any posts of the like recently marked in quotations, I get this. I also understand that with one's intentions of potentiating xanax, I am not trying to accomplish a 35 mg hydrocodone buzz (which may be not shit for most of you). One is simply just trying to essentially make less equal more.

Much love, Long Health, New Experiences, and Safety above all else my fellow bluelighters

-Comprizer
23.gif

WGJ in small and infrequent doses only inhibits either CYP or other transporters in the intestine. Alprazolam already has a high bioavailability orally so, the juice wont do much if you drink a glass or two an hour before. Most studies would give WGJ three times a day for a week before to get the hepatic effects.

Tagamet is pretty weak too. Its easier, but its classified as a low or weak inhibitor of CYP3A4, the one you want here, which means it only raises the AUC of the prototypical substrate less than 1.5X normal.