• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Xanax not doing a thing to me anymore?

BenzoGAD

Greenlighter
Alright so my first experience with Benzo's started April of 2016 when I was prescribed Lorazepam 0.5mg twice a day for GAD alongisde Cipralex 20mg. Since that time, I've alternated between Lorazepam and Clonazepam at different times (used to prefer Lorazepam but now I greatly prefer Clonazepam). Recently I've been going through some issues so I got a script of 1mg Lorazepam 3x a day (3mg per day) for 10 days, followed by a script of Clonazepam 1mg twice a day (2mg per day). As early as June 2017 I used to sometimes pop Xanax bars recreationally and half a bar (1mg) would have me slurring and a full bar would have me floored. After my Clonazepam script expired, I asked to be switched to Xanax and got 1mg 3 x a day so 3mg. However, it's not doing anything for me therapeautically let alone recreationally... I've tried up to 7mg in a day (2mg, then 1mg, then 4mg at once) and it did nothing for me. My walking was a little impaired as in I would bump into a wall here and there but other than that I felt absolutely nothing. I'm about to try 4mg again on an empty stomach to see if that might change something but what do you guys think is going on? Could my tolerance have gone up that high through mainly Lorazepam/Clonazepam 1mg/day and recently 2-3mg/day? I'm am just so confused right now

it might just be me but imo benzos don't have any recreational value at all. combined with other drugs they might increase the effects but usualy all they do is cause blackouts, no fun at all

Alright so my first experience with Benzo's started April of 2016 when I was prescribed Lorazepam 0.5mg twice a day for GAD alongisde Cipralex 20mg. Since that time, I've alternated between Lorazepam and Clonazepam at different times (used to prefer Lorazepam but now I greatly prefer Clonazepam). Recently I've been going through some issues so I got a script of 1mg Lorazepam 3x a day (3mg per day) for 10 days, followed by a script of Clonazepam 1mg twice a day (2mg per day). As early as June 2017 I used to sometimes pop Xanax bars recreationally and half a bar (1mg) would have me slurring and a full bar would have me floored. After my Clonazepam script expired, I asked to be switched to Xanax and got 1mg 3 x a day so 3mg. However, it's not doing anything for me therapeautically let alone recreationally... I've tried up to 7mg in a day (2mg, then 1mg, then 4mg at once) and it did nothing for me. My walking was a little impaired as in I would bump into a wall here and there but other than that I felt absolutely nothing. I'm about to try 4mg again on an empty stomach to see if that might change something but what do you guys think is going on? Could my tolerance have gone up that high through mainly Lorazepam/Clonazepam 1mg/day and recently 2-3mg/day? I'm am just so confused right now

There is an incomplete cross-tolerance as regards the benzodiazepine class, of which alprazolam is a member. This means that someone in the habit of taking, for example, a daily dose of lorazepam will have less of a response to Xanax than someone who has never taken any benzodiazepine; at the same time, though, he ought to get more of an effect than someone accustomed to taking Xanax itself.

The solution, then, is to use another class of tranquillisers. The less related it is, the less cross-tolerance there will be. Z-drugs are an option, as are barbiturates; the best, at this juncture, would be pregabaline or gabapentin.

Xanax moreso than any other benzo I've tired used to have a huge recreational effect for me. Kinda of like getting drunk without drinking. I'm not sure how long it's been since I took the 4.5mg (if the timeline looks right then its been over an hour) and I don't feel jack shit... should've just stuck to my Clonazepam

There is an incomplete cross-tolerance as regards the benzodiazepine class, of which alprazolam is a member. This means that someone in the habit of taking, for example, a daily dose of lorazepam will have less of a response to Xanax than someone who has never taken any benzodiazepine; at the same time, though, he ought to get more of an effect than someone accustomed to taking Xanax itself.

The solution, then, is to use another class of tranquillisers. The less related it is, the less cross-tolerance there will be. Z-drugs are an option, as are barbiturates; the best, at this juncture, would be pregabaline or gabapentin.

Darn I just killed a 4500mg bottle of Pregabalin in 3 days a few days ago :( should've kept some if i knew they would help

Okay so 3 and half hours later... only thing I noticed is that I have no balance whatsoever. Tried to put a sock on and literally flew across the room tryna catch myself lol. Other than that, no slurring of speech, no memory loss, no euphoria.. maybe a little anxiety relief but not as much as I'd get from Clonazepam. I'm extremely disappointed at this point

time does it until you get like me, 14~17mg alprazolam a day plus 50~80 mg diazepam, and yes i can talk walk function, benzos are hell.