• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Xanax- no effect at all. Help?

DragonflyWing

Greenlighter
I'm prescribed 1mg of Xanax twice a day for panic attacks. However, it has no effect on me whatsoever. I've taken up to 10mg with nothing except slight drowsiness. I thought maybe I'd built a tolerance, so I stopped taking it for 2 months. I had no withdrawal effects.

When I started taking it again, still nothing. I've taken 6mg with no effect.

I've had a similar problem with Ambien. I'm prescribed 10mg, but I need to take 40mg to feel any effect.

In the meantime, anxiety and insomnia are seriously ruining my life. What is wrong with me?

Is it possible you cant remember that it did anything?
thats actually happened to me multiple times on benzos. ive taken say like 1mg of xanax and forget that i took it and take another 1mg and i get a little more messed up then i was intending on. of course this was with a low tolerance but i mean it can still happen

In the meantime, anxiety and insomnia are seriously ruining my life. What is wrong with me?

Taking such large quantities of Xanax (borderline freakishly large doses) and Z drugs are going to wreak havoc on your anxiety and insomnia over the long term. I won't say that your story is complete bs because I do know of people who have taken benzo doses even larger than what you're describing, but every single one of them had blackouts and withdrawal seizures. You need to be asking your doctor these questions, not an internet chat board.

If you are experiencing anxiety and insomnia, especially when you're not taking the meds, you are having withdrawals

People react differently to different drugs, that's about your problem

I'm prescribed 1mg of Xanax twice a day for panic attacks. However, it has no effect on me whatsoever. I've taken up to 10mg with nothing except slight drowsiness. I thought maybe I'd built a tolerance, so I stopped taking it for 2 months. I had no withdrawal effects.

When I started taking it again, still nothing. I've taken 6mg with no effect.

I've had a similar problem with Ambien. I'm prescribed 10mg, but I need to take 40mg to feel any effect.

Wow, 10mg at once would definitely knock any stimulant running through me out the window I make me PASS THE FUCK OUT.

Taking such large quantities of Xanax (borderline freakishly large doses) and Z drugs are going to wreak havoc on your anxiety and insomnia over the long term. I won't say that your story is complete bs because I do know of people who have taken benzo doses even larger than what you're describing, but every single one of them had blackouts and withdrawal seizures. You need to be asking your doctor these questions, not an internet chat board .
That's really exaggerating it. People who abuse benzo can take alot more than "up to 10" or even 6, which is the highest therapeutical level. I have never been a benzo freak, but I have still used up to 25-30 certain days (not for a long time, though) without going mad. 6-10 mg some times is not even close to"freakishly large doses".