• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos XANAX - More I take, longer it takes to work

billyj

Bluelighter
Strange - if I take 1 x 1mg xanax, it starts taking effect about 45mins-1hour. If I take 2 x 1mg, they start taking effect no sooner than two hours, sometimes 2.5 hours. If I take 3 x 1mg, it can take up to 4 hours to feel any effect. I took 5 x 1mg the other day at 4pm, and went to bed at midnight without having felt any effect at all. Does anybody have any insight?

What if the more you take the more delusion of sobriety you have and get small black outs and only realise that you are high hours later

benzos are nuts man i been on them all since 06 it started man it`s been a ride~! still on btw 3mg klonopin

Xanax is notorious for making you take more without realizing you're already fucked on them until it's too late and you just pass out or are feeling so lazy you just want to go to bed.

If you're on uppers, it's even worse.

No, there's no effect at all until the time periods I mentioned in my OP. I didn't mean that I don't *notice* any effect until hours later, I mean that I feel no change in mood/state whatever until I get a huge drowsy rush 2, 3 or 4 hours after ingestion, depending on how many I've taken, and after that xanax effects are very noticeable, including relaxation, euphoria, drowsiness etc. And, I have experimented with it with my first dose of the day, and it's the same - anxiety and no xanax effect at all, until hour x amount of miligrams has passed. And it's like clockwork too.

14 years and your only up to 3mg kpins. I think your doing good dosage wise

Yeah you are doing pretty 😊 Good

Less than 7 years and I take more than double that dosage (2mg QID / 4X per day)

Although I am autistic

OP, the absorption of drugs is often dose dependent. Although it shouldn't be as dramatic as your stating at the doses your taking , fact is, I take 4-5 bars, it takes a few hours to peak. If I take just 3-4mg (1.5-2 bars) then the effect is weaker, yet it kicks in 45-90 minutes

Crushing your pills up can help, though like I said, I've never heard of anybody taking 4-5mg xanax and taking 8 hours - That would be something you would expect from Xanax bars!

No, there's no effect at all until the time periods I mentioned in my OP. I didn't mean that I don't *notice* any effect until hours later, I mean that I feel no change in mood/state whatever until I get a huge drowsy rush 2, 3 or 4 hours after ingestion, depending on how many I've taken, and after that xanax effects are very noticeable, including relaxation, euphoria, drowsiness etc. And, I have experimented with it with my first dose of the day, and it's the same - anxiety and no xanax effect at all, until hour x amount of miligrams has passed. And it's like clockwork too.

What's your tolerance and are you taking the Xanax on an empty stomach?

The slightest food in your stomach will delay the absorption of the Xanax by at least 2 to 3 hours from my experience. Doesn't matter how much Xanax I take, if there's food in my stomach, it's not going to work until at least 3-4 hours and then boom, it hits me making me drowsy instead of kind of happy drunk which is what I get on an empty stomach.

And I'm telling you this right now on Xanax and an empty stomach. Took 0.5mgs 15 mins ago as I'm on uppers and I'm feeling the relaxed effect of the Xanax. I would not even bother taking 0.5mg if I had eaten anything.

14 years and your only up to 3mg kpins. I think your doing good dosage wise
I wish man 🤣 this that's the lowest I've ever been. I feel okay I feel that I can mantane like this but I'm used to 6 mg a day.
Just taking me a while to adjust I guess.