• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Xanax ir potentiation vs xanax xr

Tedders2601

Greenlighter
I know a lot of the ways to potentiate xanax ir. With grapefruit juice OTC's etc. and I know how you take 30 minutes to an hour before you take Xanax but what I don't know is what dosing schedule of all of the said potentiators do you take them before or because the pill is extended release do you got to keep taking in over the next 12 hours 12 or what any help would be greatly appreciated how to get the most out of my medicine

I'm familiar with the WGFJ method for benzos. IIRC the change to the enzyme that potentiates drugs in the liver takes a while to take place so drinking GFJ all day on XR xanax will make it more n more sedating. But for IR xanax having drunk as much GFJ as you can before you take it will potentiate it the most. You can also continue to drink GFJ while on IR xanax for further potentiation as well I guess.

I've been taking Xanax for many years,currently RXd 8mg a day and in my experience none of the so called potentiators work.I've tried everything from cimetidine to grapefruit juice,you name it.If you're looking to get high from them (as your question suggests ) the only sure way I've found is to not take any benzos for about 6 days (I personally drink and take my RXd pain meds to combat panic attacks during this time ) and on the 7th day take a bit more than normal (actually my part dose is 20mg bull I'm in no way recommending you take that much ).An empty stomach is a must.But as far as potentiators go,IME the only way to increase effects of any drug is with a tolerance break and/or more of the drug.As for Xanax XR (or any time release drug ),chewing them up and washing them down with a hot beverage seems to make them enter the blood stream faster..

I've been seeing a lot of questions on how to get your Xanax XR to work faster due to it's slower release than Xan IR. Some say to crush or chew. If you pound it into pretty must "dust"(lol) use of a kitchen mallet, then swallow that EXTRA FINE Crushed Xan XR, it works VERY FAST. Mine taking like that, acted with quick release in 5 (yup, 5) minutes! Hope this helps.

i think xanax works pretty fast regardless.

i believe it was designed for panic attacks. i've met 2 people with legit scripts for that reason.

never heard of anyone with GAD being RX'd xanax.

anyhow, letting it sit under the tongue is the best ROA ime. i took a 0.5mg last night and it was a perfect dose for what it needs to do which is induce a calm state.

w the XRs i'd imagine it'd be similar to valium but far more potent.

either way i'm sure the difference in taking the pill straight up Vs crushing would only be like making the XR and IR form.

however, with XR formulae you end up getting a fraction of the dose in an IR form (to my knowledge) so why not do the IR version?

when you crush any pill you're making the absorption better so imagine crushing the IR formulae..