• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Xanax high?

like others have said, xanax doesn't get you high, it gets you fucked up. If you've never used it before, pop a 1mg football and chill out. First time I took it, guy told me to take 3 2mg bars at the same time. Woke up 5 days later with an empty bank account and no drugs. You won't remember shit on xanny, fyi.

edit: forgot to mention. you won't think 1mg is enough after about 30 mins. it probably is, though.

As far as I'm concerned xanax is very dangerous, along with every other Benzo but as with all things, they have their place. I guess I'm just a little biased as they really messed my father up, along with opiate pain-killers. I've also have friends addicted to alcohol, benzo's, oxy, and cocaine, which are bad singly but terrible mixed together. Fools have died, no joke. Not a drug to use to get high. Res Ipsa Loquitur.

as said above great for getting fucked up, not so great for getting high. There's no euphoria really, not like opiate euphoria but that loss of inhibitions and not giving a fuck is what people like about it. For me, i just take them because i feel fucking crazy without them but that's after a few years of dependence. Definite'y can't recommend abusing benzos, if you want to feel amazing there are better drugs out there for sure.

if there is any euphoria you can expect that it'll last a short period of time and will never return afterwards.

I totally disagree, I’ve had many a great euphoric times on Xanax on a non anxious day… I remember the 1st time I took a 500microgram a Long time Ago and it felt like a warm feeling starting in my stomach and ran through my whole body and I was happy happy all day… it started a long time love affair with Benzo’s… guys I’ve just joined so let me know if any of this breaks rules of site
Thanks 😊👍🏼

Thanks for the welcome, so I’m talking to myself basically ✌🏼🤣
Not really. We all read all posts. Welcome Champ.

I am one of those people that believe a topic is a topic regardless of the time stamp. Like the big and dandy's. I actually find making new posts on topics already discussed a waste of space and should be combined.

But also i am one of those that does not get high from benzos and after my last use decided to use even more sparingly that even occasionally. I was watching a Peaky Blinder episode on 1 1/2 milligrams of etizolam and I could not remember what I watched the next day. Another effect is as I am on a benzo I can not melt into TV show or movie. Like there is a wall up. I can't get lost in a show. So it blocks something in me. Emotionally too. So now I just want to steer clear. I am sure as a medication when used these side effects would go away and a mind would get use to it (veteran benzo users would know) but it freaks me out. Thank God cannabis knocks me out. This is why for years I did not even touch a 5 mg valium. I get walls put up and I can't enjoy life.

The good thing about me using less than occasionally is I will shut up and not post this stuff again. lol I kind of repeat myself. I think I may be trying to formulate a question on retrograde amnesia. I do not have the question yet but I am sure a lot of people tried to understand black outs. Especially when the drug practically feels like not much while on it. Why I get that on a small dose probably means I am too sensitive to these things.

BTW I do remember talking to a few of the people that posted in this thread. I hope they are all well.

Not really. We all read all posts. Welcome Champ.

I am one of those people that believe a topic is a topic regardless of the time stamp. Like the big and dandy's. I actually find making new posts on topics already discussed a waste of space and should be combined.

But also i am one of those that does not get high from benzos and after my last use decided to use even more sparingly that even occasionally. I was watching a Peaky Blinder episode on 1 1/2 milligrams of etizolam and I could not remember what I watched the next day. Another effect is as I am on a benzo I can not melt into TV show or movie. Like there is a wall up. I can't get lost in a show. So it blocks something in me. Emotionally too. So now I just want to steer clear. I am sure as a medication when used these side effects would go away and a mind would get use to it (veteran benzo users would know) but it freaks me out. Thank God cannabis knocks me out. This is why for years I did not even touch a 5 mg valium. I get walls put up and I can't enjoy life.

The good thing about me using less than occasionally is I will shut up and not post this stuff again. lol I kind of repeat myself. I think I may be trying to formulate a question on retrograde amnesia. I do not have the question yet but I am sure a lot of people tried to understand black outs. Especially when the drug practically feels like not much while on it. Why I get that on a small dose probably means I am too sensitive to these things.

BTW I do remember talking to a few of the people that posted in this thread. I hope they are all well.
I’m the opposite bro I’ve a huge tolerance I could take a handful of diazepam and be lovely and high and happy and go about my day… but not with Xanax as they give you major blackouts…
But I’m glad to be part of the bluelight family
It’s been a huge help over the years… 👍🏼

I’m the opposite bro I’ve a huge tolerance I could take a handful of diazepam and be lovely and high and happy and go about my day… but not with Xanax as they give you major blackouts…
But I’m glad to be part of the bluelight family
It’s been a huge help over the years… 👍🏼
I don't take benzos anymore because the withdrawal experience was enough to scare me away forever. I initially became dependent on benzos because they synergized well with methadone (this is extremely dangerous... I know many people who died because of this combo). I was young, stupid and desperately seeking a high or reprieve from pain, PTSD..... but I find valium to be the most recreational or euphoric benzo because of the nice muscle relaxation it provides. Unfortunately if you have any kind of tolerance to stronger benzos.. i.e. Xanax or klonopin then you probably won't get any of pleasant, euphoric effects from valium and will probably find it to be a weak, inferior benzo but subjectively I find valium to be the most recreational benzo. It just has a warmth that other benzos lack. Xanax can sometimes provide this feeling but more often than not just hits you over the head like a sledge hammer and definitely causes more amnesia effects.

Last edited:
Same I know for sure a teenager me wouldn't even think about high, more of a right hand in certain situations. Depends tbh, you don't have I don't wanna cause a distribution of electricity into atmosphere but xanax is more of a "I am not an addict, I wanna be but I see through all this invisibile silk threads that no one sees", I've met people who take xanax just because they have some obssessive compulsion such as excesive hand washing, a speck of dust is 90 degrees of that isn't 180.. small thing that have little to no foundation but point of comfort being that xanax is a right tool if you know how to use it. I don't speak for others, I speak for xanax made by Pfizer.

I personally don't like Xanax anymore (because of bad experiences and blacking out), I prefer clonopin. Like everyone else is saying just start with a small dose. And don't mix it with opiates or alcohol.

If you took massive amounts of Xanax, sorry brother, no, you're car keys ain't here, lololol I 😂'.

I never really liked benzodiazepines for other purposes than what they're prescribed for: Anxiety and panic stuff. Lorazepam is somehow warm in high (~5mg) dosage but also dysphoric. Had Xanax only once, it was a good anxiety killer but nothing I'd risk dependence for. Think I liked etizolam the most but overall they're all pretty similar, some more sedating than others but best GABAergic so far was pagoclone, more recreational and non-sedating.