• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Xanax for insomnia/anxiety

darkcloud13

Bluelighter
So lately I have had a lot of stressful events happening in in my life. I was depressed before and after overcoming depression I started to get anxiety. Lately I've been able to get better but I still have anxiety.
That being said, when I go sleep I have anxiety that I will not sleep that night and then I have more anxiety lol. So sometimes I take xanax (I'm not prescribed, never been to doctor for an actual diagnose btw) for sleep. Of course it works wonders for me. When I take 0.25-0.5 it just knocks me out. I' have been taking xanax for about 1-2 months 0.5 every other day, sometimes less. I'm not redosing as well. It makes me feel so relaxed, as I always struggle with a little bit of anxiety at work but when I take xanax the day before I'm just so calm the next day and can actually talk to other people without being stressed. It's honestly amazing. It also helps with my depression. I only take it when I cannot sleep though, I never take it in any other situations.

I've gone 4-5 days without xanax I did not have any withdrawals effects.

I always read these horror stories about xanax and I just don't get it. How much xanax is too much? I also haven't noticed increase in my tolerance just maybe a bit more but I never go over 0.5.
I'm not planning to take xanax in the future just until my situation stabilises but it has helped me so much. So maybe it's not as bad people think. I don't know.

there are probably a few factors at play, the most obvious is your discipline and conscientious dosing. keeping use to an absolute necessity and not tampering with dose size is the only way to extend time between tolerance and dependency, although it always comes . another is timing, you are probably just at the turning point before your body starts expecting it, even at every other day dosing. lastly, besides the obvious individual difference in each persons body chemistry, if this is your first go around with benzos, there is a fair chance your body has the means to recover without withdrawal symptoms at the low and moderately infrequent dose you've been taking. if you were to re duplicate the same dosing schedule for 2 months again in the future it will be slightly more significant on your body and withdrawal may be more prevalant. consider it a wake up call and get out while you're still ahead. use them on a once a monthly basis if at all, because even with proper use over time tolerance rises and they aren't to be used for long term use anyways. 4 weeks is the standard maximum duration they should be used, roughly speaking.

I think you have to take physiology into account too, different people react differently to certain groups of drugs. You also didn't abuse them and were on a low dose for a short period of time, when people take large doses of Benzodiazepines daily for months, years or even decades and stop abruptly I would say 100% get withdrawal symptoms. On a dose like you took who knows the %? but for certain some people will get symptoms.

there are probably a few factors at play, the most obvious is your discipline and conscientious dosing. keeping use to an absolute necessity and not tampering with dose size is the only way to extend time between tolerance and dependency, although it always comes . another is timing, you are probably just at the turning point before your body starts expecting it, even at every other day dosing. lastly, besides the obvious individual difference in each persons body chemistry, if this is your first go around with benzos, there is a fair chance your body has the means to recover without withdrawal symptoms at the low and moderately infrequent dose you've been taking. if you were to re duplicate the same dosing schedule for 2 months again in the future it will be slightly more significant on your body and withdrawal may be more prevalant. consider it a wake up call and get out while you're still ahead. use them on a once a monthly basis if at all, because even with proper use over time tolerance rises and they aren't to be used for long term use anyways. 4 weeks is the standard maximum duration they should be used, roughly speaking.

I've taken xanax many times before but not every other day. Well, I'm not sure about ''get out while you can'' as I'm certainly not addicted to it and I only use it for when I have insomnia. I've heard people who have been prescribed xanax have taken it for a year daily(very low dosage) and they didn't have any withdrawal, I guess it's different for everyone though. But I do plan to reduce my intake. Thanks.

I think you have to take physiology into account too, different people react differently to certain groups of drugs. You also didn't abuse them and were on a low dose for a short period of time, when people take large doses of Benzodiazepines daily for months, years or even decades and stop abruptly I would say 100% get withdrawal symptoms. On a dose like you took who knows the %? but for certain some people will get symptoms.

Yes, definitely. Once I took them every day for a month, I had some withdrawal symptoms but it really wasn't anything special to be honest, just a little bit of anxiety.

I guess as long as you can take it infrequently and therapeutically enough to not increase tolerance you can continue on in this fashion. but it will eventually come around no matter how responsible, you just have an enormous say in how quickly and intensely that is. and yes everyone is different, individual chemistry has a huge role in this. there are some who report withdrawal rebound like effects after just a week or use. YMMW

it'll work but not the best idea in the long run. not exactly propofol for a nap but you get the point