• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Xanax experiment failed hello Temazapam

If you're a thief and have no morals, I imagine the "fake lean" business would be a-boomin'. We as Opiate addicts live to laugh at the utter nonsense of lean.

You pay the price for a ball of Heroin on a bottle of what is considered one of the weakest Opioids around.

Take half a gram, some Sprite, crush up some Benadryl and sell it for $300. I'm implying that being a good, independent reaearcher can help you more than you might think.

Knowledge makes you both safer, richer and Able to help others who dont have the knowledge.

I'm with you laughing at "lean" mate. I do get bottles of codeine 15mg/5ml syrup sometimes but that's only because it's cheap and OTC. I'm not mixing it with Sprite and posting it on Snapchat I just sip a bit to give a little boost to stronger opiates. Sounds funny but it actually does potentate oxy in a noticeable manner. I am guessing this is because codeine metabolises into a small dose of morphine while oxy is synthesised from an entirely different alkaloid, thebaine.

But the prices Yanks pay for codeine are utterly eye wateringly absurd and never in a billion years would I pay those obscene prices for codeine unless it was literally the last opiate in existence and I was rattling that bad. Even then I'd try to get kratom first...

The stuff that gets sold as "lean" here (probably is just drowsy cough syrup like you've said) is at least much cheaper than $300. Still an utter rip though.

Anyone even half-way educated about what it was they were actually taking (i.e. what codeine is) would be able to find a legitimate pharmacy willing to sell it to them for single digits because it's bloody OTC.

But of course paying much more to buy mystery liquid off some shady teenager on Snapchat makes so much more sense :rolleyes:

No mate the rapper ?

This bloke and rappers like him are the reason kids think "popping bars" and "sipping lean" is cool even though they often have no idea what the drugs are meant to do or even what they are. All they know is they're cool because rappers say so.

That is today's youth drug culture... it's a very strange one here in the UK because benzos fell out of favour with the rise of cheap MDMA and ketamine and high purity cocaine combined with the NHS's reluctance to prescribe benzos. In fact the NHS does not prescribe alprazolam at all. They used to prescribe diazepam widely but they cut back on those scripts for a while now so they're mostly a drug for middle aged people. Today's young drug users are mostly about coke and MDMA.

Suddenly all this hype about "Xanny bars" that's been going for a long while now in the US has an effect in the UK as dealers start pressing fake bars. Same with "lean" obvious fakes are being sold by dealers and fuck knows what's actually in it but it's expensive, which I find hilarious because you've been able to buy codeine syrup cheaply OTC here for bloody decades...

Anyway that's the answer to the question why does everyone think Xanax is some kind of super euphoric drug. Cuz of rappers.

Lmao! Sorry brotha I am oblivious. This is literally the answer right here though man. Kids nowadays listen to these rappers promoting Xanax and "Lean" and genuinely think it is cool. The ONLY time I ever felt "high" from Xanax was my first ever benzo experience nearly 20 years ago and even then it was more of just a "well, my grandmother died but that is ok because nothing matters anymore" and then just blacking out. I feel the repression of the drug is what people associate with a high if they have no anxiety or PTSD but these rappers make it seem majestic!

I wish people didn't listen to these idiots. Many have died from doing fake street drugs thinking that they were cool. While I do need Clonazepam to function, I wish that younger generations would listen to Billie Eilish instead of Future ? she's got it figured out seriously.

Unfortunately here in the US 90% of the Xanax is pressed garbage and "artists" like Future have made it seem like a necessity to have fun. Really is sad man and its unfortunate it is more or less the same over in the UK

Some bonehead state legislature moved codeine cough syrup from Schedule V to Schedule II -- so if the kids these days like a CSA Schedule II drink with a Schedule IV downer, they really should get some hydrocodone syrup, plain promethazine syrup, and pop some carisoprodol -- it works a lot better. I think they should make dipipanone cough syrup -- that would be rad as the kids say . . .

Before this happened, a police chief was injured on the job, not properly taken care of, so he was driving into the next state, making the rounds of small towns and larger cities with independent pharmacists, and buying OTC Schedule V Exempt Narcotic codeine and dihydrocodeine syrups for pain control, and perhaps Parapectolin and Donnagel PG, which have op in them, was not at all contrite when he got busted buying two bottles within 48 hours, and I think ended up as a police chief in the other state a few years later . . . another police officer was busted for checking smack out of the evidence locker, cooking it up and using it for pain control as well -- I think he has a portable Dilaudid pump now after the judge got pissed off and told the state to do it and pay for it . . ..

Last edited:
Are the Temazepam gel caps the ones that the heroin folks suck out the liquid with a syringe, mainline it, and the eyes roll back in their head? Or is that Clomethiazole?

ten or so years ago i used to get codeine cough syrup from mom and pop pharmacies. could get 2 - 3 bottles from each before they started saying no. anytime i sent a friend in they came out empty handed.

made me feel like a burroughs character buying paregoric.

soma got moved to schedule iv. it used to be really popular before that.

Way back when hydrocodone syrups with more than two more active ingredients used to be Schedule V as well . . . when I was at university in the States there was a hydro syrup, a dihydrocodeine one with phenyltoloxamine and Robitussin AC we would used to get to mix with Sprite and Alka-Seltzer Night Time Cold Medicine to use as the empathogenic drink we all took out of an oversized coffee cup, often to wash down some Tylenol 4, Vicodin, or Percodan with No-Doz every Tuesday afternoon after classes were over . . . we'd gather and one of us would read from big folder of various writings we had collected and give a sermon or we would go listen to a relevant lecture on assertiveness, communitarian politics and other helpful topics . . . it was unofficially known as the Church of Narcotics . . . Donnagel PG was for special occasions . . .

I've had the 10mg and 20mg tablets of various generics, and also had the 30mg capsules that were brand name Restoril, but I've not had the "jellies." I have seen some for sale recently but they were only 10mg and prices absurdly high just because "omg it's jellies!"

If they were dosed higher I'd give them a go, but at only 10mg each there's not really any point especially when they're being sold for more than the 30mg's.

Also every time I've heard of someone getting jellies they turned out to be fakes.

Well I’ve had the blistered Teva 15mg and two of those little bastards will have you walking into walls and all kinds of messed up. They’re potent as hell.

Well I’ve had the blistered Teva 15mg and two of those little bastards will have you walking into walls and all kinds of messed up. They’re potent as hell.
If you know how to find them they’re out there. ;)

Every time I read somebody boasting the "high" from Temazepam I am baffled. Maybe because I truly have PTSD or something idk they do nothing but help me sleep. I mean I haven't tried taking 120MG and fighting sleep but 30MG works for rest and I have a tolerance for benzos like not many. I think when somebody starts by "...the Xanax didn't get me high", they are messing with the wrong class of drugs. I do understand they "can" be recreational but they are to help anxiety and do so amazingly well.

And as Kief stated, while not as potentially dangerous as a combo of 2 CNS depressants, it is still not safe by any means. Your problem is seeking a high from a drug that does not create a high. Euphoria brought on by opioids is entirely different from the sedating effects of benzos. Just be careful man. Smoke a joint or something but don't mix Xanax and any Amphetamine unless they are prescribed concurrently and you know how you will react to the dose. Best wishes.

All I’m trying to say is that true Temaz jellies get you high as shit.

And as far as being careful I’ve been around the block a few too many times, but I appreciate the fake concern.

PS - I haven’t touched an opioid in ten years

Lmao! Sorry brotha I am oblivious. This is literally the answer right here though man. Kids nowadays listen to these rappers promoting Xanax and "Lean" and genuinely think it is cool. The ONLY time I ever felt "high" from Xanax was my first ever benzo experience nearly 20 years ago and even then it was more of just a "well, my grandmother died but that is ok because nothing matters anymore" and then just blacking out. I feel the repression of the drug is what people associate with a high if they have no anxiety or PTSD but these rappers make it seem majestic!

I wish people didn't listen to these idiots. Many have died from doing fake street drugs thinking that they were cool. While I do need Clonazepam to function, I wish that younger generations would listen to Billie Eilish instead of Future ? she's got it figured out seriously.

Unfortunately here in the US 90% of the Xanax is pressed garbage and "artists" like Future have made it seem like a necessity to have fun. Really is sad man and its unfortunate it is more or less the same over in the UK

I like that song. And I agree really, anyone trying to use alprazolam "recreationally" just becomes a zombie.

However to argue with myself slightly here, I do think there is also some link between benzo abuse and self-medication in the younger age groups especially. Even the media who usually jump straight to scaremongering will often mention this. The rise of alprazolam as a popular drug among young people in the UK is linked by both the media and Public Health England with self-medication due to lack of access to mental health services from the NHS.

A big problem specific to the UK is that it is basically impossible to see a psychiatrist unless you sit on a waiting list for at least six months, commonly twelve months, possibly more depending on where you live. It's especially bad in London where you will basically not see anyone on the NHS. Other parts of the country vary. But CAHMS (youth mental health services) are greatly under-resourced and can't meet their targets. Ask anyone who works in that field and they'll tell you. I've spoken to multiple health professionals who all tell me the same thing and it's even worse than the media says too.

This is especially important because most mental illness activates between the teen years or early 20's. During this time the youth mental health services are so screwed up it's going to take ages and ages sitting on a waiting list to see anyone. In the meantime your GP who is completely unqualified to treat mental illness will just throw SSRI's and SNRI's at you before you've even been diagnosed by anyone. So if for example your actual problem is bipolar and SSRI's would actually make you worse, your GP has no way of knowing, they just see "some type of mental illness" and lob an SSRI at everyone.

As you can imagine this is not a very useful method of treating mental health issues... and I think this is definitely a big pull for a lot the time as well. Benzos like alprazolam will provide rapid but temporary relief from basically anything, and prevalence of anxiety disorders is growing so it fits perfectly.

You got teenagers who can't get proper professional help from anyone except a GP throwing often ineffective SSRI's at them. At the same time their peers are talking about this drug that calms them down. They know the name because it's in all the music and even name dropped in American sitcoms you can watch on Netflix. They look it up and see it's a prescription anti-anxiety drug so they're lured into a false sense of security thinking well it's a medication for anxiety and I'm anxious, the media talks about this shit so casually and it's a pill you could get from a doctor, it can't be that bad. They buy dodgy home pressed bars not knowing they're fake. Pop these bars which could contain anything at an unknown dose. Most recently the latest batch seems to contain flualprazolam which is an RC twice as strong as alprazolam. Previous batches have contained anything from alprazolam to etizolam to clonazolam to doxepin to promethazine.

Now you have a huge population of young people with benzo addictions who are getting their supplies from dealers who probably don't even know what their own presses contain. And when a batch comes along that doesn't even contain any benzo at all they're all going cold turkey on their habits until the next batch that hopefully this time does contain a benzo comes through the supply chain.

Meanwhile the NHS and government are aware of this problem but they have no way to control it. Previously when benzos become popular drugs of abuse (like temazepam getting huge in Scotland back in the day) the NHS could just put restrictions on prescriptions which made it much harder to get them. They also stopped prescribing high doses, e.g. there used to be 60mg jellies now the highest dose you can get is 20mg tablets. This also worked with diazepam, which remains the most commonly prescribed benzo on the NHS but the youth don't tend to even know what it is because it's something rarely prescribed and therefore not hyped up during their lifetime so never got popular as a street drug for them. There's a huge age gap here where Valium is a benzo for middle age people and Xanax is a benzo for young people.

So it's up to the police to stop these criminals pressing illicit bars, except they seem unable to do so. They had one big bust, which was the only source pressing good quality bars, but none since. And that was back in 2017. Well who is surprised? They're underfunded just like the NHS. All they succeeded in doing is allowing poor quality presses to take over a market which previously was dominated by top quality bars that were so close to pharma even Pfizer had to do a lab test to make sure they were fakes.

There are also increasingly more dealers selling imported blister packed 1mg alprazolam because word is getting around quick that bars are often dodgy. At least if you're taking legit blister packed pharma you know what you are getting so I consider that to be good. It's also good that enough users care about what they're putting in their bodies they'd rather take the "less cool" normal pills than the hyped "bars."

What happens now? The NHS has even more to deal with, because aside from the initial mental health problems, now they have to provide benzo tapers to a bunch of teenagers who usually don't actually know what they've been taking or at what dose if it's the presses they're on. This is much more difficult than previous benzo trends where all users were at least using pharmaceutical supplies from the NHS. Furthermore they're powerless to stop the supply because 100% of the "Xanax" is illicit. Whether it's presses or imported pharmas, none of it is from the NHS.

Basically it's a huge fucking mess on multiple levels. And I don't see it ending soon because even once the fad wears off, the addiction is still there. And we now have a new generation of drug users introduced to benzos where previously they were focused on uppers and party drugs.

I think the self-medication element is only one aspect to all this but it is a really big one. I know first hand how useless youth mental health services are and I was going through them almost 10 years ago. It's only gotten worse since.

Another element which no one seems to be talking about I think comes from banning RC benzos. You had a lot of etizolam addicts when the PSA came in. I think a lot of those switched to alprazolam too. But I also think they're more likely to use blisters rather than bars.

I know there is the disinhibition and anxiolysis, but I have never experienced secobarbitone/glutethimide/meprobamate type euphoria from benzodiazepines by themselves, so I have always been wondering if maybe there is something, it could be almost anything, I am missing. If I want to slow my system down, I would say that conservative doses of the above, certain antihistamines, or, for sleep, like when one is already in the sack, nitrazepam or clonazepam plus hydroxyzine plus codeine or something . . . My experiences with baclofen, pregabalin and gabapentin also have been superior, as well as sodium oxybate (GHB) . . . when I tried mixing tetrazepam or diazepam with trihexyphenidyl, I just fell asleep so there was nothing to report there.

I do know that there is something to the increased risk of falls when combining benzodiazepines and narcotics, so for example, a bunch of dillies with some Vitamin V or some bars provide for a modest risk of finding oneself --- anterograde and retrograde amnesia being serious problems too in these cases -- at the bottom of the steps or on the floor by the sofa having fallen or slid down from a sitting position over minutes or hours -- the latter case though not a fall really created lots of trouble when it happened to me as my joints were all locked up with arthritis and so forth -- someone had to mix up some hydromorphinol, orphenadrine, dantrolene, and ketorolac and shoot it into me as I was on the floor bent into this very strange position and not able to get up, then I took a little bit of nitrazepam, chewed some Vendal Retard, and laid on the bed and it took a while for everything to move again . . .

The fall cases which apparently precipitated the CDC and European Medicines Agency memo on narcotics and benzos apparently included ones where people fell and were lying in pools of their own piss for more than a day . . . Someone also claimed to have fallen on a beer bottle and had it go up his arsehole when taking carisoprodol with oxy one place as I saw on a local news site for San Diego I think it was, but I am a bit sceptical . . .

I've read my thinking about these "jellys
Are you talking about the Teva Jellies or the tablet form of Temazepam?

I've read many things about these "jellys" and the only difference is heroin addicts use them to potentiate their smack but otherwise isn't temazapam just temazapam or am I missing something could you be so kind and elaborate?

I like that song. And I agree really, anyone trying to use alprazolam "recreationally" just becomes a zombie.

However to argue with myself slightly here, I do think there is also some link between benzo abuse and self-medication in the younger age groups especially. Even the media who usually jump straight to scaremongering will often mention this. The rise of alprazolam as a popular drug among young people in the UK is linked by both the media and Public Health England with self-medication due to lack of access to mental health services from the NHS.

A big problem specific to the UK is that it is basically impossible to see a psychiatrist unless you sit on a waiting list for at least six months, commonly twelve months, possibly more depending on where you live. It's especially bad in London where you will basically not see anyone on the NHS. Other parts of the country vary. But CAHMS (youth mental health services) are greatly under-resourced and can't meet their targets. Ask anyone who works in that field and they'll tell you. I've spoken to multiple health professionals who all tell me the same thing and it's even worse than the media says too.

This is especially important because most mental illness activates between the teen years or early 20's. During this time the youth mental health services are so screwed up it's going to take ages and ages sitting on a waiting list to see anyone. In the meantime your GP who is completely unqualified to treat mental illness will just throw SSRI's and SNRI's at you before you've even been diagnosed by anyone. So if for example your actual problem is bipolar and SSRI's would actually make you worse, your GP has no way of knowing, they just see "some type of mental illness" and lob an SSRI at everyone.

As you can imagine this is not a very useful method of treating mental health issues... and I think this is definitely a big pull for a lot the time as well. Benzos like alprazolam will provide rapid but temporary relief from basically anything, and prevalence of anxiety disorders is growing so it fits perfectly.

You got teenagers who can't get proper professional help from anyone except a GP throwing often ineffective SSRI's at them. At the same time their peers are talking about this drug that calms them down. They know the name because it's in all the music and even name dropped in American sitcoms you can watch on Netflix. They look it up and see it's a prescription anti-anxiety drug so they're lured into a false sense of security thinking well it's a medication for anxiety and I'm anxious, the media talks about this shit so casually and it's a pill you could get from a doctor, it can't be that bad. They buy dodgy home pressed bars not knowing they're fake. Pop these bars which could contain anything at an unknown dose. Most recently the latest batch seems to contain flualprazolam which is an RC twice as strong as alprazolam. Previous batches have contained anything from alprazolam to etizolam to clonazolam to doxepin to promethazine.

Now you have a huge population of young people with benzo addictions who are getting their supplies from dealers who probably don't even know what their own presses contain. And when a batch comes along that doesn't even contain any benzo at all they're all going cold turkey on their habits until the next batch that hopefully this time does contain a benzo comes through the supply chain.

Meanwhile the NHS and government are aware of this problem but they have no way to control it. Previously when benzos become popular drugs of abuse (like temazepam getting huge in Scotland back in the day) the NHS could just put restrictions on prescriptions which made it much harder to get them. They also stopped prescribing high doses, e.g. there used to be 60mg jellies now the highest dose you can get is 20mg tablets. This also worked with diazepam, which remains the most commonly prescribed benzo on the NHS but the youth don't tend to even know what it is because it's something rarely prescribed and therefore not hyped up during their lifetime so never got popular as a street drug for them. There's a huge age gap here where Valium is a benzo for middle age people and Xanax is a benzo for young people.

So it's up to the police to stop these criminals pressing illicit bars, except they seem unable to do so. They had one big bust, which was the only source pressing good quality bars, but none since. And that was back in 2017. Well who is surprised? They're underfunded just like the NHS. All they succeeded in doing is allowing poor quality presses to take over a market which previously was dominated by top quality bars that were so close to pharma even Pfizer had to do a lab test to make sure they were fakes.

There are also increasingly more dealers selling imported blister packed 1mg alprazolam because word is getting around quick that bars are often dodgy. At least if you're taking legit blister packed pharma you know what you are getting so I consider that to be good. It's also good that enough users care about what they're putting in their bodies they'd rather take the "less cool" normal pills than the hyped "bars."

What happens now? The NHS has even more to deal with, because aside from the initial mental health problems, now they have to provide benzo tapers to a bunch of teenagers who usually don't actually know what they've been taking or at what dose if it's the presses they're on. This is much more difficult than previous benzo trends where all users were at least using pharmaceutical supplies from the NHS. Furthermore they're powerless to stop the supply because 100% of the "Xanax" is illicit. Whether it's presses or imported pharmas, none of it is from the NHS.

Basically it's a huge fucking mess on multiple levels. And I don't see it ending soon because even once the fad wears off, the addiction is still there. And we now have a new generation of drug users introduced to benzos where previously they were focused on uppers and party drugs.

I think the self-medication element is only one aspect to all this but it is a really big one. I know first hand how useless youth mental health services are and I was going through them almost 10 years ago. It's only gotten worse since.

Another element which no one seems to be talking about I think comes from banning RC benzos. You had a lot of etizolam addicts when the PSA came in. I think a lot of those switched to alprazolam too. But I also think they're more likely to use blisters rather than bars.

Damn man it is crazy to hear such similar issues in other countries. The US is terrible when it comes to many things, but the unfortunate truth is money can get you anything here. It took me 8 months to finally see a Psychiatrist but if I had the money to avoid insurance companies I could have made an appointment that day! The Pain Management here is now impossible. If you're not already seeing a doctor or haven't been in PM for decades forget about it.

I entirely agree about the RC issue as well. Whether it be people seeking anxiety relief from Etizolam or people seeking acid or molly getting 2ci and other alternatives; it is out of hand. Mental health and physical pain are 2 of the most serious issues plaguing the world and unfortunately you are right and many self-medicate. Crazy to hear that GP will just hand out SSRI without a diagnosis. Could cause a hypermanic episode that could lead to suicidal ideation. Just insanity man.

And in the US I truly wouldn't even trust the blister packs man. The amount of real pharmaceuticals on the street is almost 0% here and the presses are done so well it is impossible to tell. Even the damn weed oil pens are fake lol! Hopefully someday soon things are regulated how they should be and we can all get the help we need individually

And I have no idea what people find so appealing about the gels unless they are getting them off the street as they are harder to fake. I have found literally zero difference between them and the capsules and if you really wanted to you could just open the capsule lol. Different brands vary but I prefer the capsules, they all look like this and I forget which brand but one is yellowDrugItem_8712.jpeg

Damn man it is crazy to hear such similar issues in other countries. The US is terrible when it comes to many things, but the unfortunate truth is money can get you anything here. It took me 8 months to finally see a Psychiatrist but if I had the money to avoid insurance companies I could have made an appointment that day! The Pain Management here is now impossible. If you're not already seeing a doctor or haven't been in PM for decades forget about it.

I entirely agree about the RC issue as well. Whether it be people seeking anxiety relief from Etizolam or people seeking acid or molly getting 2ci and other alternatives; it is out of hand. Mental health and physical pain are 2 of the most serious issues plaguing the world and unfortunately you are right and many self-medicate. Crazy to hear that GP will just hand out SSRI without a diagnosis. Could cause a hypermanic episode that could lead to suicidal ideation. Just insanity man.

And in the US I truly wouldn't even trust the blister packs man. The amount of real pharmaceuticals on the street is almost 0% here and the presses are done so well it is impossible to tell. Even the damn weed oil pens are fake lol! Hopefully someday soon things are regulated how they should be and we can all get the help we need individually

Yep money will get you anything. Money is the only reason I'm not in the same situation myself. I'm only in my 20's, could easily be me hooked on these bars and whatever. In fact if I'd been born a few years earlier so I was a teen when they started getting cool I'd have probably started buying 'em off the DNM and selling the things knowing me.

It's such a crazy transformation of drug culture in such a short period of time it's unreal. When I was at uni I did any RC benzo going. Everyone just thought I was weird because they were into their uppers and empathogens. If I'd gone just a few years later I'd be on bars and suddenly be the coolest kid in town ?

But I was able to get private healthcare, which costs a fortune over here, so I was able to see a psychiatrist within a week, then see a therapist a week later, and continue having CBT for a year while getting my meds adjusted by the psychiatrist. For most people to get even an initial consultation with a psychiatrist it'd take probably 12 months or so and they'd already be shoved on SSRI's by their GP before they'd even got a diagnosis off a mental health professional. Which as you say is downright dangerous, without a diagnosis you could absolutely be giving an SSRI to someone with bipolar who is now having manic episodes. It's fucking insane. It's very lucky my family was able to get me seen privately else I'd have just offed myself while on the waiting list. Even my dad said straight up: if you had to rely on the NHS you'd be dead. I don't doubt it. I was suicidal and an anxious mess before I got the proper help I needed. Now I'm functional and have been in work for years and have a social life and a girlfriend etc... nice success story but no thanks to the NHS's half-arsed mental health care.

That's when I was finally able to get a legit benzo script as well as Vyvanse for previously untreated ADHD, which it turns out helped my depression significantly too. I admit I still get blister packed Valium and other benzos like Xanax and Ativan now and then for a bit of a treat. In fact the Xanax is the least recreational and I use it almost exclusively for bad anxiety and panic attacks. Bromazepam, a rarer benzo only scripted in a few European countries, is one of my favourites. But I only rarely have access to those beautiful light blue 6mg beauties. I also love temazepam but haven't had it for a while.

Imo the only real "recreational" benzos are those hypnotics and muscle relaxants. Not alprazolam, but rather bromazepam, lorazepam, diazepam, temazepam, and nitrazepam. I consider alprazolam to be right at the bottom for recreation but right near the top for anxiety relief.

Oh and as for blister packs they definitely can be faked and there are some fake blisters here too, but it's comparatively rare vs loose pills. You can basically guarantee a loose pill is fake. Most blisters are legit. If it's a brand I don't recognise I just sent a pill to WEDNIOS, the Welsh government's free drug testing service open to all of the UK, within a few days they tell me what's in it.

As for pain management, get this, because NHS pain clinics are just as under-resourced as their mental health services, they just let GP's script opiates to anyone who goes in complaining of chronic pain. My GP put me on DHC Continus for back pain (which is legit I'm not lying for the drugs, chronic pain runs in my family and half my family has chronic pain of some sort so it's hardly surprising I got it too) just recently without any need for a referral to pain specialists. I guess every cloud has a silver lining eh?

I know multiple people who got oxy off their GP's too but that's much more rare. Usually the maximum strength opiate you'll get from a GP is oral morphine unless you're old and they want to keep you comfortable in your final days. But tbh I prefer morphine to oxy anyway and I find DHC and morphine work better as actual painkillers. Frankly if I keep getting the DHC long-term I'm happy already because it works well for me even though the high dose I need for it to be effective (240mg) does cause more side effects than lower doses of a stronger opiate. So either that or a low dose of oral morphine simply because if I had for example 20-40mg oral morphine that lower dose of a stronger opiate should have less side effects. My GP seems fine giving me opiates as long as they're XR formulation and I understand they're addictive and for prn use only not for daily use.

There has never been any "opiate epidemic" in the UK so as a general rule the doctors here are a lot more relaxed about scripting them. As I said main rule is that if it's a long-term script they will be XR. No IR opiates for long-term use because they're considered more addictive and abusable. They also only allow I think it is a maximum of 60mg morphine per day (or equivalent) to be prescribed by a GP. The guidelines say if the patient needs more they should see a specialist. Which is a pretty low bar for chronic pain, but that's still better than nothing which is what everyone would get if they all had to wait for referrals. This also means a max dose of 30mg oxy if they decide to use that.

In reality though CCG's are operated independently, some are more lax than others and some individual doctors are more lax than others too. So it comes down to the postcode lottery and the doctor lottery (okay that last one I just made up) as to what type of care you get.

And I have no idea what people find so appealing about the gels unless they are getting them off the street as they are harder to fake. I have found literally zero difference between them and the capsules and if you really wanted to you could just open the capsule lol. Different brands vary but I prefer the capsules, they all look like this and I forget which brand but one is yellowView attachment 14255

Those are just caps, the "jellies" people are on about are these:

HyvXppH.jpg

You can see now why people call them "eggs." A lot of them were green too leading to the name... you guessed it... "green eggs." Only in the UK do we name our drugs after Dr Seuss references... ?

I'm very sceptical that they're any different to any other form of temazepam though, except for the obvious nostalgia which is bound to cause placebo. Temazepam is temazepam, if it's legit then the effects are the same whether it's a pill or tablet or "egg."

The actual drug itself I find enjoyable for the genuine euphoria and muscle relaxation. One of few benzos that actually is euphoric at least to me.

Another benzo popular around the same time (80's-90's) in the UK was "Moggies" short for Mogadon, the trade name for nitrazepam. I've had these a few times, they're very different from temazepam, they knock you sideways rather than having you floating in a cloud, but I can definitely see the appeal.

Very i
Yep money will get you anything. Money is the only reason I'm not in the same situation myself. I'm only in my 20's, could easily be me hooked on these bars and whatever. In fact if I'd been born a few years earlier so I was a teen when they started getting cool I'd have probably started buying 'em off the DNM and selling the things knowing me.

It's such a crazy transformation of drug culture in such a short period of time it's unreal. When I was at uni I did any RC benzo going. Everyone just thought I was weird because they were into their uppers and empathogens. If I'd gone just a few years later I'd be on bars and suddenly be the coolest kid in town ?

But I was able to get private healthcare, which costs a fortune over here, so I was able to see a psychiatrist within a week, then see a therapist a week later, and continue having CBT for a year while getting my meds adjusted by the psychiatrist. For most people to get even an initial consultation with a psychiatrist it'd take probably 12 months or so and they'd already be shoved on SSRI's by their GP before they'd even got a diagnosis off a mental health professional. Which as you say is downright dangerous, without a diagnosis you could absolutely be giving an SSRI to someone with bipolar who is now having manic episodes. It's fucking insane. It's very lucky my family was able to get me seen privately else I'd have just offed myself while on the waiting list. Even my dad said straight up: if you had to rely on the NHS you'd be dead. I don't doubt it. I was suicidal and an anxious mess before I got the proper help I needed. Now I'm functional and have been in work for years and have a social life and a girlfriend etc... nice success story but no thanks to the NHS's half-arsed mental health care.

That's when I was finally able to get a legit benzo script as well as Vyvanse for previously untreated ADHD, which it turns out helped my depression significantly too. I admit I still get blister packed Valium and other benzos like Xanax and Ativan now and then for a bit of a treat. In fact the Xanax is the least recreational and I use it almost exclusively for bad anxiety and panic attacks. Bromazepam, a rarer benzo only scripted in a few European countries, is one of my favourites. But I only rarely have access to those beautiful light blue 6mg beauties. I also love temazepam but haven't had it for a while.

Imo the only real "recreational" benzos are those hypnotics and muscle relaxants. Not alprazolam, but rather bromazepam, lorazepam, diazepam, temazepam, and nitrazepam. I consider alprazolam to be right at the bottom for recreation but right near the top for anxiety relief.

Oh and as for blister packs they definitely can be faked and there are some fake blisters here too, but it's comparatively rare vs loose pills. You can basically guarantee a loose pill is fake. Most blisters are legit. If it's a brand I don't recognise I just sent a pill to WEDNIOS, the Welsh government's free drug testing service open to all of the UK, within a few days they tell me what's in it.

As for pain management, get this, because NHS pain clinics are just as under-resourced as their mental health services, they just let GP's script opiates to anyone who goes in complaining of chronic pain. My GP put me on DHC Continus for back pain (which is legit I'm not lying for the drugs, chronic pain runs in my family and half my family has chronic pain of some sort so it's hardly surprising I got it too) just recently without any need for a referral to pain specialists. I guess every cloud has a silver lining eh?

I know multiple people who got oxy off their GP's too but that's much more rare. Usually the maximum strength opiate you'll get from a GP is oral morphine unless you're old and they want to keep you comfortable in your final days. But tbh I prefer morphine to oxy anyway and I find DHC and morphine work better as actual painkillers. Frankly if I keep getting the DHC long-term I'm happy already because it works well for me even though the high dose I need for it to be effective (240mg) does cause more side effects than lower doses of a stronger opiate. So either that or a low dose of oral morphine simply because if I had for example 20-40mg oral morphine that lower dose of a stronger opiate should have less side effects. My GP seems fine giving me opiates as long as they're XR formulation and I understand they're addictive and for prn use only not for daily use.

There has never been any "opiate epidemic" in the UK so as a general rule the doctors here are a lot more relaxed about scripting them. As I said main rule is that if it's a long-term script they will be XR. No IR opiates for long-term use because they're considered more addictive and abusable. They also only allow I think it is a maximum of 60mg morphine per day (or equivalent) to be prescribed by a GP. The guidelines say if the patient needs more they should see a specialist. Which is a pretty low bar for chronic pain, but that's still better than nothing which is what everyone would get if they all had to wait for referrals. This also means a max dose of 30mg oxy if they decide to use that.

In reality though CCG's are operated independently, some are more lax than others and some individual doctors are more lax than others too. So it comes down to the postcode lottery and the doctor lottery (okay that last one I just made up) as to what type of care you get.

Those are just caps, the "jellies" people are on about are these:

HyvXppH.jpg

You can see now why people call them "eggs." A lot of them were green too leading to the name... you guessed it... "green eggs." Only in the UK do we name our drugs after Dr Seuss references... ?

I'm very sceptical that they're any different to any other form of temazepam though, except for the obvious nostalgia which is bound to cause placebo. Temazepam is temazepam, if it's legit then the effects are the same whether it's a pill or tablet or "egg."

The actual drug itself I find enjoyable for the genuine euphoria and muscle relaxation. One of few benzos that actually is euphoric at least to me.

Another benzo popular around the same time (80's-90's) in the UK was "Moggies" short for Mogadon, the trade name for nitrazepam. I've had these a few times, they're very different from temazepam, they knock you sideways rather than having you floating in a cloud, but I can definitely see the appeal.
Interesting I totally agree with the recreational value of the muscle relaxing class of benzos e.g. lorazepam diazepam temazepam but if you run into some Myolastan (Tetrazepam) please write a report and let us know I'm real curious about this one :)

I'm not doing shit today but sitting on my ass alone by myself The plan was not to take my regular 70 mg of Vyvanse and try to feel this Xanax high everyone is raving about so I was supped to pop one mg per 4 hours (total of 6 throughout day) but after just 2 hours it sucked.

I then proceeded to pop 2 Focalin xr = 40 mg and I have very low benzo tolerance what I've decided to do is pop 15 mg Temazapam every 4 hours for the next 12 hours does anyone see a problem with this or should i go 30mg every 6 hours?

A light benzo dose goes well with stimulants IME (I take 0.5mg Xanax or 1mg Pyrazolam if I feel a little jittery/anxious and it smooths everything out real nice) but you wanna be careful or they'll cancel eachother out (in a way) and you're basically wasting drugs. Tempazepam is more of a hypnotic benzo so not the best thing to take with a stim. You'll probably end up sleepy from the Temazepam but unable to actually sleep because of the Focalin. Awful way to feel.
If you're determined to take both, I'd take just one dose of Temazepam (maybe even only 7.5mg at first) and then take more later if you like it or feel you'd want more.