• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Xanax doses: IR vs. XR

That sound great. My first Xanax try was in school. I lost a whole day in memory, but I did not go out of control, my friends noticed me dosing a little but was awake most of the time.

It was definitely a success. The class we were in zipped past. Prior to taking the xanax, I was feeling anxious/ shitty because my stupid ass didn't fall asleep until 5:45 in the morning because I consumed 60 mg of Dexedrine (had myself convinced I needed a high dose to feel anything) throughout the night. The combo of one and a half hours sleep and dextroamphetamine comedown was a bitch and the xanax completely took away my anxiety.

If you have to goto class more for "attendance" purposes, xanax is great for making the class fly by....
But if you really need to learn in the class, then xanax might make it hard to focus without drifting off...
Ofcoarse there is a middle-ground that can be found after experience, and experimenting with doses.

yeah, I'd say xanax isn't a good drug if I want to get work done, unless I have anxiety that is preventing me from doing work, which hasn't really been an issue. The effects that make it difficult to be productive are also fun. The good effects are the same as the bad effects in my opinion. That's one reason xanax is interesting to me. Another reason is that while the comedown is pretty much nonexistent (also in my opinion), withdrawl is severe. I've never actually had Xanax withdrawl as I used to take no more than 1 mg extended release everyday, but I'm pretty sure that its general knowlege that withdrawl from long term use of xanax at large doses is horrible. The only bad effect I had was minor anxiety for one or two days when going from 1 mg to .5 mgs. It would've have probably been worse had I completely stopped. I forgot how long I was on the .5 mgs before taking none.

Sorry if that is too specific, but the last thing I want to do is misinform someone on a drug forum!