• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos xanax daily

relaxation001

Greenlighter
I've been on xanax for about 5 weeks now. Before that it was valium (Dr. prescribed) for anxiety. My benzos were taken as needed until we got a 7 week old puppy and then my anxiety went thru the roof. I've decided I am NOT a puppy person or this has been the worst puppy we have had over the years. My life has been turned upside down! So I'm taking .75mg of xanax daily and that pretty much gets me thru the day so I don't feel sick. I get anxiety induced nausea. I'm 58 years old and at this point, having a quality daily life is more important to me.
I had to stop taking valium as I was too sedated and it was bothering my stomach after 12 years of as needed use. Is my dose of xanax considered a low dose?

I?m in the same boat as you in a sense, I just dropped my dose today from 1 mg klonopin a day (which is equivalent to approximately 1 mg of Xanax, they?re equipotent), to 0.7 mgs klonopin this morning. That is in the range of .75 Xanax a day like you, and I can tell you yes it?s a low dose that we are at, but we still have the physical dependency to taper off of. I lowered my dose from 2 mgs about 5-6 days ago to 1 mg and that was not a fun week.

The best way to do it for me at least, Is tapering down to a dose that gets you through the day. Once you feel that dose makes you feel completely normal I?d drop it to maybe 0.6 mgs Xanax or even 0.5 mgs if possible and battle through a few days of uneasiness and overall just feeling unpleasant, but not atrociously to the point of seizures, not even close. That is my plan. I?ve done this about 4 times with benzos and it?s getting annoying each time I go through it, it?s hard to find the will to do it after you?ve had to taper already 4 times previously.

TL;DR = essentially, yes you?re at a low dose but you should taper if that is your plan. Valium would be better even if you claim it bothers you, I?m gojng to switch to Valium once I hit the 0.5 klonopin mark and take 5 mgs Valium instead and taper down with that. Once you?re at such low doses, I feel it?s more important for the drug to LAST longer rather than to be more potent and hitting you faster. The point is to get off of them smoothly without feeling much aching and nausea.
If you are too sedated when you take the Valium well that?s good that means you can take a lower dose and still feel normal, at least if I read that correctly; good luck.

By the way since my switch this morning to 0.7 mgs klonopin rather than 1 mg, I feel the difference and it?s keeping me in bed all day. Been smoking weed to help the anxiety but sometimes I feel it makes it worse. If you can get something like gabapentin and seroquil they help the insomnia battle and the leg pains and anxiety from tapering down.

I don't ever plan on going off at this point. I simply cannot take the valium as it makes me nauseous now and that causes me to spin out. I have emetophobia, so being nauseous is like death to me. I've gone a few days without anything before this puppy and I felt fine. Just a bit of anxiety but not bad. My Dr. adjusted my hormones and that has made a huge difference.

Taking xanax everyday for me gradually led to a increase from .125 mg to 3 mg and a feeling of hopelessness trying to get off which may of played a role in my suicide attempt. Would not recommend daily xanax. But im not a doctor so idk.

D1nach is right,
I basically implied what he stated but had to cut to the main point which is the eventual progression and dependency that comes with taking Xanax everyday.

I?m so glad I?ve been able to power through this last week and a half. I cut myself down from taking 2 mgs klonopin everyday just to feel normal, if not 3 mgs and adding Valium/Xanax.

I hate being dependent on anything, especially something as powerful as benzos.

Now I?m down to 5 mgs Valium and 0.2 mgs klonopin, which at the moment, is very tough to adjust to. When I dropped it to 1 mg it was tough for like a week, after that I felt the same way taking 1 mgs as I did when I took 2 mgs the week before.

That?s how I work my way down. I adjust until I feel the same as I did as my previous dosages.

Now I dropped it to approximately 0.7 mgs equivalent of Xanax or klonopin daily and it?s also not fun. Eventually I?m going to drop off completely and that will be the real test; going without it completely mentally is rough.

I?m also an opiate addict, functional, but severe dependency. I do H .5 a day and when I drop my benzo dosages I barely feel my opiates that day. I don?t even get well from half a gram of tar. I really wish I was completely clean. On top of all that I?m going to be homesless in 9 days which is fun. Anyways been rambling on a lot, I don?t know what your doctor or you wish to do with your anxiety and your future well being, but Xanax definitely isn?t the right fix for that. It?s a quick fix, and even for a quick fix it?s not good in my opinion.

Good luck, I?d suggest slowly getting off of benzos because they cause rebound anxiety when you stop them, and shit I don?t think anyone wants to be dependent on something for their entire life, at leSt not me :/