• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Xanax bars - Best RoA

I have been taking Xanax for 4+ years and took k-pins too for @ 6 months, I notice no dif between crushed or whole, too nasty to take sub/buccal and had a friend who IV-ed, swallowing whole seems best. Careful to mix w/ alcohol outside a 'safe zone', many problems arise w/ judgement. xanax is a better'high' than K-pins in my opinion.

Significant difference between Xanax and mylan generic alprazolam?

I remember Xanax brand alprazolam being very recreational. Since I been scripted them legally now I can only fill the script with mylan brand and they seem to leave alot more desired from the experience. Any experience or input? Sry to steal the thread!

I remember Xanax brand alprazolam being very recreational. Since I been scripted them legally now I can only fill the script with mylan brand and they seem to leave alot more desired from the experience. Any experience or input? Sry to steal the thread!

Are you taking the same amount you use to recreational? Maybe your tolerance is higher now? I prefer the brand names myself but get the PurePac brand now. They seem pretty good. Never had Mylan brand.

the mylan is round with a cross. 2x1 mg ALWAYS feels stronger then 1x2 mg for the round white 2's vs the round blue ones. i never experienced that with other brands and even consulted the pharm, they said no one else complains, it is not in my head. mellincrkt is a good sub. I take 1 mg mylan and it is comparable to mallincrkt. see if your doctor will switch, say you want more control over your dose.

Xanax BA% snorted is about 50%, so yes you can snort them, but it's not the best ROA. Snorted will hit you fast and hard, but the duration is minimal. Saying it's pointless is silly, people snort oxy and the BA% that way is only like 60%. Different strokes for different folks.

it isn't exactly a fun time-
but it's really not that terrible.

however, i find that it seems to vary with brand.
atleast for me, this may not be true for everyone.
i snorted a football once which i was sure blinded me.
it was that painful.
but thankfully i haven't seen or had another one since.
:)

Although Xanax is definitely the most recreational Benzo [in my opinion, at least], compared to other drugs no Benzos are really all that recreationally beneficial [compared to "real street drugs" or pain killers or whatever].
I've heard that the best way to make Xanax work the quickest & strongest is to crush up the pill & then put the powder under your tongue. I've never tried it myself though. I'm prescribed Xanax & I always just swallow the pills; I've never felt the need to fuck with them beyond that.

---as far as crushing sublingually I know it'd work, faster too, but taste unbearable and how long till u kno for sure all the med is in ur system. Seems risky to waste not getting all the effect. I'd still say good ole oral and/or parachuting is best ROA. It's alrdy fast acting as hell and 80%BAO.

-- about my minithread post-- I nvr reall liked Xanax as a DOC. When I wuld get everything off the street unwanted more euphoria like E n dope other opiates cocc etc. But on occasion I'd take Xanax for fun. Very rarely. I have a good tolerance but it's not from frequency of use I think it's alot to do with my tobacco use decreasing effects of benzos by up to 50% but also the brand. it takes about 4mg to get me feeling real loose n good. Blackout around 6 but I nvr push it that far. In fact since I been scripted alprazolamI haven't gone over 3mg at once and that was twice. I don't take it every day. Usually go 20 days a month straight w/o any. But i seriously think it's the mylan brand. Bcuz back when I'd street shop I always got blues or ladders the actual Xanax brand n they were effective at lower doses nomatter wat and even euphoric to a degree of mild giddyness. And rarely ever sedating. Now mylan it feels like I need 2-3x the dose and Its more like a stronger ativan- boring very short high still a Lil drunk feeling n stuff so not totally beat but just really like a 5-6/10 when the Xanax brand was a 10/10. I tried requesting brand name Xanax and it was 5x the amount of my normal lower copay. N not sire if they carry a 3rd brand. Any ideas or XP with this? Thx guys!

Sublingual (bitten to pieces for quickest effect) is as effective BA-wise as swallowing - other methods are inferior - but alprazolam tastes like dick on a stick, and it's very fast-acting anyway so at least on an empty stomach I'd swallow. Don't snort them, it hurts and tastes like a bitch and you get less bang for your buck.

Last edited:
Oral... But I would really taper down and only use them for theraputic reasons.. You won't have shit to help you in a panic attack and you could suffer serious WD. I would go to a different dr and explain what you want and the amount of Xanax this dr is giving you scares you... You will most likely get whatever the fuck you want... Bezo habits are not "fun"

5 mg xanax pills? good lord, I thought the highest dose was 2mg prescribed

---as far as crushing sublingually I know it'd work, faster too, but taste unbearable and how long till u kno for sure all the med is in ur system. Seems risky to waste not getting all the effect. I'd still say good ole oral and/or parachuting is best ROA. It's alrdy fast acting as hell and 80%BAO.

-- about my minithread post-- I nvr reall liked Xanax as a DOC. When I wuld get everything off the street unwanted more euphoria like E n dope other opiates cocc etc. But on occasion I'd take Xanax for fun. Very rarely. I have a good tolerance but it's not from frequency of use I think it's alot to do with my tobacco use decreasing effects of benzos by up to 50% but also the brand. it takes about 4mg to get me feeling real loose n good. Blackout around 6 but I nvr push it that far. In fact since I been scripted alprazolamI haven't gone over 3mg at once and that was twice. I don't take it every day. Usually go 20 days a month straight w/o any. But i seriously think it's the mylan brand. Bcuz back when I'd street shop I always got blues or ladders the actual Xanax brand n they were effective at lower doses nomatter wat and even euphoric to a degree of mild giddyness. And rarely ever sedating. Now mylan it feels like I need 2-3x the dose and Its more like a stronger ativan- boring very short high still a Lil drunk feeling n stuff so not totally beat but just really like a 5-6/10 when the Xanax brand was a 10/10. I tried requesting brand name Xanax and it was 5x the amount of my normal lower copay. N not sire if they carry a 3rd brand. Any ideas or XP with this? Thx guys!

I have the Purepac brand and they don't seem to do much. Now I did fall asleep on 4mg but that was a one time thing. I've taken 4 mg so far today and nothing. I think you're right about the smoking. I smoke a lot too so I think in reality I'm only getting 2 mg instead of 4. I don't dare want to try 6 mg at once, I think I would PTFO (pass the fuck out) LOL. The ones I have now look like little yellow school buses with 4 scores in them.

Oral... But I would really taper down and only use them for theraputic reasons.. You won't have shit to help you in a panic attack and you could suffer serious WD. I would go to a different dr and explain what you want and the amount of Xanax this dr is giving you scares you... You will most likely get whatever the fuck you want... Bezo habits are not "fun"

I'd like to get Kpins as they're longer acting and I've heard from many people, including you lol, that they work much better. I'm going to hate withdrawing from Xanax after being on it a year but hopefully I find a smart enough dr to taper me from one to the other.

Just to chime in, you can snort them, however the high is extremely short lived. So it's an option, but like I said, the high literally feels like 20min. I like to snort mine, but I also eat mine as well. Usually I snort them when I am on some sort of opiate, and take them orally when not looking to get wrecked, but for a nice buzz.

I like to do this with xanax cause when I snort xanax it gives me a rush almost and it does kick in rather quick. Then when my hands feel real smooth and I feel real groovy I load up a nik to smoke of some BTH or (if I'm being way bad) I'll get a nice shot ready and get super wrecked, pass out in the bathroom with all my gear out for 3 hours, legs asleep cause I was cross legged on the floor, completely discoherent. lol I lost weeks like this.