• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Xanax and LSD?

galaxie123

Greenlighter
SWIM is receiving 2 tabs of acid for the first time , and has got quite a few xanax , with tolerance. SWIM would like to know if he would still feel the lsd experience with 210ug of acid and 2-3 mg of xanax. I've seen many threads about this topic but not with an answer that related to me. Has anyone had a great trip like this?

How much xanax do you take and how often do you take it? If it’s your first time with acid don’t take 200ug+, start off with 100-120ug and see how you react to that first.

The xanax will blunt some of the effects of lsd, if you are physically dependent on alprazolam then take just enough to not go into withdrawal. If you aren’t physically dependent then just save the xanax for if you start to have a bad trip, it will calm you down if you are starting to panic.

My advice would be to take one tab and take the 2-3mg Xanax at the end of the experience ~8 hours after taking lsd . It will dull the trip but might help you go to sleep if you're still tripping. Taking Xanax during the peak (1-4 hours after taking lsd) will completely dull the trip and will probably not be enjoyable. Wait until late in the comedown to ease muscle tightness or whatever. Ime 2-3mg alprazolam would just put me to sleep, but I have no tolerance.

I agree about taking the xanax at the end of the trip. In my experience ive taken 40mg valium in the middle of a 200ug 1-p-lsd trip that quickly turned on me after smoking a purely sativa strain.

I had thought that benzos would stop a trip but it definitely did not stop the trip. Just helped me get out of the negative thought loop i got into.

I am far from physically dependent on Xanax, but I will start out with one tab and Xanax use them as a safety mechanism? Or sleep because I've heard acid keeps you up , although Xanax doesn't make me pass out unless its a dose closer to 5mg. Anyways thanks for the advice guys , and if there's anything else I should look out for lmk!

Agreed with XANAX toward the come down. I've been on high does XANAX and then taken LSD and it really dims the effects I feel especially psychologically. On the other hand it's nice to feel in a safe bubble of XANAX and have the effects of LSD at the same time so you just gotta choose. I would personally take the XANAX toward the end of the LSD peak though.

When youre on the lsd, find very good positive music to listen to and also have a friend to either trip with or be your trip sitter.

Last edited: