Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

xanax and lsd

apx tw

Greenlighter
Hey Guys,

I just wanted to ask you about mixing lsd and xanax. I am currently on Zoloft for treting anxiety disorder but I have been n than shit for 2 years now and I havent had any panic attacks for almost an year. i also really want to try some lsd but i am completely unexperienced. I am really afraid that i am gonna have a major bad trip and i wont be able to enjoy the whole trip. My idea was to drop the acid or atleast some smaller quantity just as a precaution and after some time to take 0.5 or 1 mg of xanax but i have no idea if they are compatible.

So my question is - do you have any further ideas of how to make the trip less scarier and if it is absolutely safe to mix xanax and lsd. I do want to enjoy and experience the whole stuff and not take some just so i can say i have taken. I am sorry for my psy ignorance but i need some serious advice and guidance.

Thank you in advance.

Xanax will dull the magic of the LSD.

I think you need to do some more research before you continue.

LSD also doesn't mix with antidepressants.

If you were to do it, I believe the xanax will dull your already dull trip.

But I could be wrong.

Do some more research. Bad trips are due to panic and negative thought patterns. Your mind must be strong before you drop LSD. I've seen the mind-bend some people like a winding road.

I really enjoyed some of my years tripping but I often had bad trips. Actually this was one of the reasons I decided to give it sometime.

Xanax will dull the magic of the LSD.

I think you need to do some more research before you continue.

LSD also doesn't mix with antidepressants.

If you were to do it, I believe the xanax will dull your already dull trip.

But I could be wrong.

Do some more research. Bad trips are due to panic and negative thought patterns. Your mind must be strong before you drop LSD. I've seen the mind-bend some people like a winding road.

What do you mean by the bold part?

That it dulls the experience?

It probably does, but one most certainly can trip HARD on acid on antidepressants.

I've tripped hard on LSD while on Prozac several times so I would not personally use the expression that it "doesn't mix with them".

I'd use that expression for when two things really don't work together which isn't really the case here.

I know it is generally considered safe to mix SSRIs and lsd but I have known people that have had bad experiences doing that. Having had my own stint with psych meds I would say the two don't mix. Zoloft and acid aren't a good idea, IMO.

Xanax is a bit different though. Myself and many of my friends will all take benzos from time to time on the tail end to get through an over-stimulated period. Early on in the trip though, I would lean against it unless you are having a hard time.

You definitely can still trip fine on SSRI's and similar drugs, it just usually takes more to get to the "threshold", though, IME.

My own philosophy on benzodiazepines and LSD is that you should always just take the LSD and keep the Xanax until you're coming down and want to help terminate the trip. Preemptively taking Xanax (or taking Xanax shortly after taking LSD) just seems like a waste, like you're undermining a psychedelic trip before it even begins.

I need to add my experience to this thread. I have been using LSD for over 10 years. I've also been prescribed Xanax for 2 years now. I take 1mg 2 times daily.

I always make sure to take my Xanax on an empty stomach at least 3 hours before I drop acid. I haven't felt a weakening of my LSD experience in any way, or mushrooms either. But I also have a high tolerance.

I wouldn't advise someone with a low tolerance to benzos to take Xanax at all the day of a trip. Maybe in the comedown(maybe), but I wouldn't do that unless you're having a bad experience.

Last edited:
What do you mean by the bold part?

That it dulls the experience?

It probably does, but one most certainly can trip HARD on acid on antidepressants.

I've tripped hard on LSD while on Prozac several times so I would not personally use the expression that it "doesn't mix with them".

I'd use that expression for when two things really don't work together which isn't really the case here.

Ok. I really should have said that there was an interaction.

SSRI's prevent the reuptake of serotonin and related chemicals to your 5ht receptors. LSD's psychedelic activity is mainly considered to be due to 5ht receptor activity. taking SSRI's will literally prevent the LSD from binding to your receptors. Xanax will also reduce the psychedelic nature of your trip.

SSRI's prevent the reuptake of serotonin and related chemicals to your 5ht receptors. LSD's psychedelic activity is mainly considered to be due to 5ht receptor activity. taking SSRI's will literally prevent the LSD from binding to your receptors. Xanax will also reduce the psychedelic nature of your trip.

Ok but then why have I tripped balls on acid while on Prozac?

Like I said, it may reduce the effectivness of the acid so you might have to take more, but it won't make ineffective overall in my experience.

I've got ample experience taking xanax with psychedelics and I don't regret taking the xanax one bit. In my experience it doesn't "dull" the trip at all, it just smooths that residual anxiety and makes things more pleasent. It doesn't appear to have reduced the information psychedelics have jammed into my brain, either. At times I feel I've learned quite enough, for now.

The other month I had a debate with a girl who claimed that psychedelics and benzos "blocked your third eye". She couldn't provide a single piece of evidence or even a reason why she thought this. I've also called people out on bluelight who said that benzos "dull" psychedelics and asked if they'd ever even tried the combination, to which they said they hadn't.

My thoughts are that if you feel you need a benzo, go for it. It's your mind, your body, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with doing that.