• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Xanax and Klonopin

LaBlueEyes

Bluelighter
Basic question, will I die if I combine Xanax and Klonopin? I'm having a breakdown right now m 3mgs of Klonopin hasn't touched it. I have "in case of emergency" Xanax for a time like this. God knows I need it. Is it safe?

Well they can be taken together and I have many times before however it depends on how much of each and how often you take them. If you take 3mgs of klonopin regularly and your Xanax is a low dose then that's one thing but if your usual dose of clonazepam is say 0.5mg twice a day and you never take Xanax and are staring at a couple mgs of it then that's a bad idea. What ROA are you using? When I was in the middle of a bad panic attack I would insufflate my clonazepam at a low dose and get a rapid response. In a moment where every second is torture it acted as my miracle drug and ended the worst attacks in about five minutes.

My normally Xanax dose was 3mgs a day, now 3mgs of Klonopin. I kept some Xanax for "emergency".

Ok so I'm guessing then you used to get prescribed Xanax and you got switched mid script to Klonopin probably because it's longer acting. If the dose was (again I'm guessing here) 1mg every 8 hours for both respectively and you've already consumed your 3 doses for the day of the Klonopin here is my suggestion: 1) call your prescriber and speak to them or their nursing staff directly and/or leave a message that says what's going on so they can direct you. If there is no one to get a response from contact your nurse help line for your insurance. It's best to exhaust doing things this way first. 2)consider taking a dose of an antihistamine as they can help to combat some of the symptoms. 3)as a last resort (because you will need to tell your doctor one way or another so your dose can be adjusted to manage you better) start with the lowest dose possible before working your way up. I would not take more than half the single dose and after a couple hours take the other half. As your boy is not used to that combination directly you do not know how it will respond. Respiratory depression is much greater on multiple benzos especially with an antihistamine. I suggest it in that order because if you can manage with your usual medication and just a dose of Benadryl or something then it takes the edge off and keeps trust with your doctor and reduces risk obviously. Find something to distract yourself waiting for the doses to kick in. I find coloring, playing with a rubix cube, video games help speed time up a lil bit. Just be smart and safe. There are too many that act too quickly with such an opportunity and get set back ruining their relationship with their doctor. I've been there and it takes time to fix things or find a new doctor.