• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Xanax and High Benzo Tolerance

I literally can’t have debates that are longer than like 3 minutes anymore even when not high, I just forget my entire point. The most Xanax I’ve ever took in one dose was maybe 4 bars (8mg), and one time I took ONE bar and made the mistake of drinking half a 750ml vodka; I was new to Xanax. But I’m sure doing stupid shit like taking over my limit and too frequently and drinking while on it has affected my brain in many permanent ways.

drinking while on -Xanax- has affected my brain in many permanent ways
I edited quote to shorten it and bring context to last sentence a bit hope ya dont mind.
IMO:
Just as the brain gets a little "re-wired" after prolong periods on this stuff, it will snap back if it is put away but it does take time.
After almost 4 yrs off of daily alprazolam and alcohol abuse (along with other substances known and unkown) my scorched brain seems to be doing better. Non use isnt my thing at the moment cause I do use once in a while (maybe twice a year max) but looking back I can tell that I can deal with stressors a lot better now, love and respect has returned (from self and others that matter to me), thoughts come quicker and have more clarity and although I still may be broke but funds are not spent in selfish pleasures but on the overall health/happiness of our "village".
I could list many pisitives and a few negatives but point being the brain heals if it has a chance.
What kind of permanent damage do you think has been caused?
Not sure if a welcome has been given but would like to offer one now. Welcome to bluelight. We just a bunch of druggies, ex druggies or somewhere inbetween. There is a lot of information and interactions that have set this place on a hill for me and hope you may find a somewhat similar experience.
Guess I will go on, now.
Best wishes,
Peace