• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Xanax and Gabapentin, in normal doses for me, slept for two days

skornenicholas

Greenlighter
so as the title suggest I obviously abused Xanax, however 10 mg generally has the simple effect of making me go to bed and sleep for eight to 10 hours, I did this after two days and a little bit more of absolutely no sleep.

Bear in mind that my usual dose is 8 to 10 mg and generally speaking I only do this about twice a month, if that, some months, 2 months the last time,I have never had any kind of extreme reaction, and there was absolutely no drugs in my system except the two I MUST take listed at end of paragraph. No alcohol or other meds despite the injuries I've had in the past.The only meds I took that day were Losartan and Keppra.

Keep in mind that I am legally prescribed a whole host of other medications that help me because I have had eight surgeries many of which were major as in I have a spinal fusion and three other surgeries on my spine, epilepsy, 3 concussions in the past, and a combination of 13 to 14 of breaks and fractures. The only meds I took that day were Losartan and Keppra.

I apologize for the history lesson my point is over the last couple of decades I have been on some pretty heavy level medication so generally speaking I can control myself. 10 mg of Alprazolam is the only benzodiazepine and dosage that ensures a decent sleep cycle. I've tried 4 legit bars and felt nothing. 6'3" and not even a yawn.

The point is with two 300mg gabapentin, and my normal xanax dose, neither of which had caused problems, how in my sleep did I manage to go into my medical cabinet and end up taking 15 mg more of Alprazolam I don't even know how much Gabapentin something like 60 of the 300 mg @ not only sleep for 30 hours during which sometime completely asleep.

I decided, yet complerely unaware, to take those 15 mg Xanax and the 60 Gabapentin, then strip naked, make a pallet on the floor and sleep there until awoken. any help filling in the gaps besides the mocking that is sure to come? Do consider that I had taken this exact dose many times in the past and yes, I know they were legitimate considering they were from a pharmacy. I know about compulsive redosing, but I was completely asleep I don't even have any dreams of sleepwalking, I would even say someone took my meds while I was asleep except I did sleep until just now whereas that dosage of Xanax should have put me under for about 10 hours. Ruling out drug interaction, including alcohol, or any other substances, what does everyone think went wrong here?

This a dose I have done multiple times and all that happened was about a 10-hour sleep and this was only done when I really needed it. Same dose same everything, please folks give me some help here, I'm asking you to please help me understand.

We can not be sure since we don’t know everything. I think it’s kusy you took a real hefty dose of gabapentin which can potentate Xanax.

Dude, I'm gonna be real with you. This problem is solved by not taking exponentially high dosages of drugs that depress the central nervous system. I would be surprised if you didn't sleep. Yea, two days is a long time considering Alprazolam (Xanax) is a relatively short-acting drug. Please don't be so reckless. You could die and we need you alive and posting regularly :)

Gabapentinoids are a bit of a mystery to me. Their seems to be a dichotomy in terms of how they affect people. I'm not so sure where I stand on that one. I'm gonna do some reading though. These drugs are becoming quite common both inside and outside the addict community.

High doses of gabaergic meds like pentin can cause blackouts similar to alcohol blackouts combined with xanax make the potential greater. This is likely what occured
Similar happened to myself at the end of a coke bender, after 5 days i ate a few thousand mg of pregablin and pentins..blacked out and in the midst of blacking out got the great idea of taking 300mg worth of addys which kept me up for 2 more days in a blacked out haze, still havent gottem those 2 days back. But i do remember waking up on the floor ontop of my xbox so theres that