• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Xanax and fasting

Sharkface1027

Greenlighter
Xanax helps me not eat I've gone 5 days without eating any one else have the same thing?:)8(8

Xanax (and other benzodiazepenes) always makes me really hungry. I always end up pigging out while under the influence.

Xanax (and other benzodiazepenes) always makes me really hungry. I always end up pigging out while under the influence.

Ditto.
Also, I've seen many ppl report the same thing here on BL. Only weed makes me even hungrier and able to eat even more. I remember when I was addicted to amphetamines, and used daily. I'd go to my mom's for a 'recuperating weekend' where I'd lay in the sun by the pool, and smoke a spliff whenever I could (they are a LOT more antidrugs than my dad). The Munchies I would get then were unbelievable. Because of starving myself on amps + the weed munchies when I was on a small break, I'd still feel SO hungry when my stomach was aching cause I was so full. Hah.

Benzos didn't really do either to me, just kinda made me not care that i was hungry, I'd eat if I felt like it, I wouldn't if I didn't.

I wish! Xanax makes me hungry like weed does to people. I binge eat when I take Xanax.

No... I tend to eat a lot on xanax. Any downer really.

OP, not eating for 5 days is really bad for you... even if you are overweight you still should eat something. Even if its a bowl of oatmeal or a salad, its a lot better than nothing.

Yeah Xanax makes me hungry, oxy I can go a while not eating . Lost a lot of weight when I first stared the oxy (and I wanted to lose weight ), now the oxys makes me want candy all the time , it's crazy not real meals ; candy and chocolate ?‍♀️

Yeah Xanax makes me hungry, oxy I can go a while not eating . Lost a lot of weight when I first stared the oxy (and I wanted to lose weight ), now the oxys makes me want candy all the time , it's crazy not real meals ; candy and chocolate ?‍♀️

Dear god when I was doing dope all the time I think I only ate snack food and candy. Even when I was getting clean in rehab I must've eaten a party sized bag of candy every day or so.

I swear, the appetite opioids give you probably contribute more to the constipation and stomach problems than the actual dope.

Lol after picking up I would always stop by my other plug, the candy man.

I don't eat when I'm high on benzos but when I'm coming down that's when it's hits me. Honestly I think it's just being sleepy. If I haven't eaten in a while and I get sleepy, I get hungry for some reason.

Xanax (& other benzos) make me really conscious of what I eat, so I tend to eat really healthy, clean, delicious food - but only at the standard times (breakfast, dinner, tea). The effect usually lasts for a few days as I get some sort of super positive, introspective "must improve my life" type high.

Yes, I understand that this is not ordinary.

Xanax (& other benzos) make me really conscious of what I eat, so I tend to eat really healthy, clean, delicious food - but only at the standard times (breakfast, dinner, tea). The effect usually lasts for a few days as I get some sort of super positive, introspective "must improve my life" type high.

wow, that's got to be one of the most awesome side effects I've ever heard! :D

Benzos turn me into a glutton, which is a thing I enjoy because normally I eat less and have poor appetite.

Xanax (& other benzos) make me really conscious of what I eat, so I tend to eat really healthy, clean, delicious food.

For some reason this reminded me of my early zopiclone adventures, which were the polar opposite of what you describe. That stuff turned my idea of a good meal into something otherworldly. Obviously each time I was blacked out, so I didn't remember the process itself, but sometimes I would pass out mid-action, and the sight in my kitchen next morning was more of a mindfuck than a 1 mg LSD trip would be. Not only would I have had put together foodstuffs that not on zopiclone I can't ever imagine eating, but the proportions would also be all out of whack. Something along the lines of 2 parts ketchup/tomato sauce to 1 part plain bread and some random spices that made it disgusting; oh and it usually would be half-eaten, left overnight in the open, which made the sight all that more strange.

Still gives me a chuckle thinking about it. Zopiclone's a hell of a drug.

Benzos turn me into a glutton, which is a thing I enjoy because normally I eat less and have poor appetite.

For some reason this reminded me of my early zopiclone adventures, which were the polar opposite of what you describe. That stuff turned my idea of a good meal into something otherworldly. Obviously each time I was blacked out, so I didn't remember the process itself, but sometimes I would pass out mid-action, and the sight in my kitchen next morning was more of a mindfuck than a 1 mg LSD trip would be. Not only would I have had put together foodstuffs that not on zopiclone I can't ever imagine eating, but the proportions would also be all out of whack. Something along the lines of 2 parts ketchup/tomato sauce to 1 part plain bread and some random spices that made it disgusting; oh and it usually would be half-eaten, left overnight in the open, which made the sight all that more strange.

Still gives me a chuckle thinking about it. Zopiclone's a hell of a drug.

Haha that's so funny. =D

It is a good side effect. I say this all the time but benzos have a paradoxical effect for me, so I get very energetic/creative/introspective.

No idea why, very odd.

Ditto.
Also, I've seen many ppl report the same thing here on BL. Only weed makes me even hungrier and able to eat even more. I remember when I was addicted to amphetamines, and used daily. I'd go to my mom's for a 'recuperating weekend' where I'd lay in the sun by the pool, and smoke a spliff whenever I could (they are a LOT more antidrugs than my dad). The Munchies I would get then were unbelievable. Because of starving myself on amps + the weed munchies when I was on a small break, I'd still feel SO hungry when my stomach was aching cause I was so full. Hah.
Sorry 2 go off topic but pill2chill please can you send me a link to download your profile pic I want something nice happy and bright to look at when I wake up:D

That is very peculiar... I have heard of such effects from amphetamines but never benzos.

Do you get typical CNS depressant effects otherwise? Maybe its something of a paradoxical effect.

That is very peculiar... I have heard of such effects from amphetamines but never benzos.

Do you get typical CNS depressant effects otherwise? Maybe its something of a paradoxical effect.

I don't feel tired off benzos; on the contrary they're very good for keeping me awake. I tend to become very talkative and I don't stumble/fall about/slur like I've seen other people do. That said I do sometimes experience some cognitive decline, but it's almost competing with the increase creativity/more active thought process I get from the experience. It's very much an a-typical upper to me. I was diagnosed with ADHD (non-hyperactive) last year, so this might play a roll here. Would absolutely love to know the cause.

I'm sure there are neurochemical explanations/theories but if you think about it, it's actually very common for people to have these 'paradoxial effects' from benzos. Not just benzos but most depressants. Look how people tend to act on alcohol, zolpidem, GHB, etc.

Sure they all tend to knock most people out if they take them and then lie down and go to sleep. But it's different when these drugs are taking at other times.

A bar full of people drinking alcohol and most wont look or feel tired. They would be rowdy, talkative, etc. Afterwards they might leave the bar and can cause all kinds of ruckus.

The times I took high doses of benzos or Ambien I would be up and about doing crazy shit. This is common for a lot of people.

It seems these activating effects may not be so uncommon? They may even be the norm.

I'm sure there are neurochemical explanations/theories but if you think about it, it's actually very common for people to have these 'paradoxial effects' from benzos. Not just benzos but most depressants. Look how people tend to act on alcohol, zolpidem, GHB, etc.

Sure they all tend to knock most people out if they take them and then lie down and go to sleep. But it's different when these drugs are taking at other times.

A bar full of people drinking alcohol and most wont look or feel tired. They would be rowdy, talkative, etc. Afterwards they might leave the bar and can cause all kinds of ruckus.

The times I took high doses of benzos or Ambien I would be up and about doing crazy shit. This is common for a lot of people.

It seems these activating effects may not be so uncommon? They may even be the norm.

I understand what you're saying, but it really is definitely different for me. If I take a benzo to go to sleep, 30 minutes later and I'm up for the night unable to get a wink. I've witnessed many, many people on benzos and I noticeably act very differently. I don't really do anything crazy either. I just don't get tired, and I do creative stuff. A workout, yoga, walking, fixing broken stuff, making music, etc. I can never be arsed usually. I'm sure it's related to ADHD, because I have serious motivational issues usually, and this is the only way I can absolve them.

It's important to remember that, GHB, alcohol, phenibut etc act on GABA in a different way to benzos.