• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Xanax and Beer?

drfeelgood1

Bluelighter
I had been on Xanax for quite a while now taking only 1mg per day, that's it. No more than that.
The last dose I took was about 6pm.

My question is, what would be the safe timeframe to drink a bottle of beer after that last dose?

However, perhaps I would not even feel a buzz from the beer, because probably after taking Xanax, there might be a cross tolerance issue.

6 to 12 hrs after your last dose
even then you could still have some lingering
never under estimate mixing booze and xanax they will def potentiate each other
mixing xanax with beer can def make a 2 3 beers feel like a six pack

would def not recommend to mix them because well IMO xanax is beer in a pill form
xanax affects the same receptors as beer

So the next day around noon time, I should be Ok to drink one bottle of beer?
Maybe I will just wait a couple of more days just to keep the paranoia mode down so to speak.

I am just afraid that the beer will spoil if kept in storage for a long time.
I bought the beers around 2 or 3 weeks ago. Will beer go bad after a while unopened?

So the next day around noon time, I should be Ok to drink one bottle of beer?
Maybe I will just wait a couple of more days just to keep the paranoia mode down so to speak.

I am just afraid that the beer will spoil if kept in storage for a long time.
I bought the beers around 2 or 3 weeks ago. Will beer go bad after a while unopened?

yeah by the next day it should out your system if any is left wont be enough to interact with the beer
and lol given that i am alcoholic.. but will be unbiased IMO yes and no
i dont think the booze will spoil given the amount of time.... beer on the shelves at stores often stay longer than a few weeks just sitting there
but if the beer has been constantly changing...temp wise.. then yeah good chance itll spoil if its been sitting in a hot garage
but if the garage maintains room temp most likely the beer will still be good

only way to tell if have a friend or yourself taste it
if it tastes fresh then its still good, but trust me youll know when beer went bad

Lol... I've been taking 2mgs daily (prescribed) for the last 3 or 4 years and have drank up to a fifth of hard liquor on it. It's not advisable and can kill you if you don't have a tolerance, but OP I think you're being paranoid. IMO you should be fine having a few beers on 1mg. Just don't drive or anything and be prepared to possibly just fall asleep.

Lol... I've been taking 2mgs daily (prescribed) for the last 3 or 4 years and have drank up to a fifth of hard liquor on it. It's not advisable and can kill you if you don't have a tolerance, but OP I think you're being paranoid. IMO you should be fine having a few beers on 1mg. Just don't drive or anything and be prepared to possibly just fall asleep.

1mg and a few beers can def make you black out and do some stupid shit
i dont believe in "paranoid" when it comes to benzos and meds alike...all it takes is that one extra dose or that one beer to cause some serious shit that it could change your life forever

Mixing large doses of benzos and alcohol is good if you want to wake up in jail next day and hear that you've done something insane that you have no recollection about.

I seriously don't think having one beer on 1mg of Xanax is a big deal or going to contribute to any devastating life changing events but YMMV.

Please note, that what I am asking about is the safe timeframe to drink beer after taking Xanax.

I know very well that mixing booze and benzodiazepines at once can be deadly. But that's not my question.

Thx

that's the type of attitude that gets you in trouble

I agree with both of your sentiments here. It's good to be aware of the potential danger involved with mixing CNS depressants like Benzodiazepines and Alcohol, but I have to agree with the OP, in that one single beer is not enough to tempt fate if taken in combination with someone's normal dose of Alprazolam (Xanax).

So my last dose was 1 mg and it was 24 hours ago. So does this mean that a beer won't kill me?

Sorry for being so concerned or paranoid.

Everyone's body chemistry is different but honestly I highly doubt a beer is going to kill you. I'd say your good to go, shouldn't even feel the effects of the benzo at this point even combined with the alcohol...but as stated above glad your aware of the dangers of combining multiple CNS depressants. Anyway you should be fine, I have alot of experience combining various benzos with alcohol in the past, and alot of blackedout blurred memories as well lol

Desos68 you need to relax and maybe mix some benzos and alcohol and chill. Lol

Desos68 you need to relax and maybe mix some benzos and alcohol and chill. Lol

never bad to be a hard ass lol
i just simply stated to never under estimate the effect of mixing benzos and booze and ill say it again ignorance is what gets us in trouble
its also ignorant to tell someone thats it's ok to do something, just because you've done it and was ok

here's a short story
good buddy of mine suffered from anxiety was given xanax, the guy never drank and never thought about the dangers of mixing benzos and booze(he didnt know any better)
if memory recalls from that night at a get together, he either had .5mg or 1mg of xanax in his system(from what he recalls) and 3 beers...might not seem like a big deal right?.... ended up flipping his car and injuring his GF not only that.....killed his girlfriend's sister that was in the back seat

so i mean.....is it that bad to tell someone to be safe and to take precaution ?

I'd wait 8 hours, that's when I'd stop feeling the Xanax. Just skip your nightly dose, it's cross tolerant enough with alcohol that you shouldn't go into WDs or anything.

never bad to be a hard ass lol
i just simply stated to never under estimate the effect of mixing benzos and booze and ill say it again ignorance is what gets us in trouble
its also ignorant to tell someone thats it's ok to do something, just because you've done it and was ok

here's a short story
good buddy of mine suffered from anxiety was given xanax, the guy never drank and never thought about the dangers of mixing benzos and booze(he didnt know any better)
if memory recalls from that night at a get together, he either had .5mg or 1mg of xanax in his system(from what he recalls) and 3 beers...might not seem like a big deal right?.... ended up flipping his car and injuring his GF not only that.....killed his girlfriend's sister that was in the back seat

so i mean.....is it that bad to tell someone to be safe and to take precaution ?

I nearly died from an OD of benzos and freakin codeine, a week after using heroin with no problems and I had a huge benzo tolerance. Mixing downers is highly unsafe.

But OP isn't trying to mix them, they just want to know how long they need to wait until they can safely drink, exactly what everyone here is preaching.

yeah realtalk - going double down just increases sedation/cns depression not euphoria so unless you're literally dying to get to sleep i'd reassess your thought process.

If you're just going to drink one beer, waiting until the Xanax wears off isn't a bad idea. Another thing, beer doesn't go bad if it's unopened as long as you keep it in a cool place like the refrigerator.