• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Xanax and alcohol

Maxwell5276

Greenlighter
So I just took a good dose (3.75 mg) (of xanax) and I sure as hell don't wont to black out and have another awful experience. BUTT today is a very very stressful day for Me and sometimes xanax just doesn't do the trick for me :/, so I was wondering if I don't get what they want from the xanax, exactly how much alcohol should Mr me ingest to still have most of my cognitive functions yet still help out the xanax a little? Personally I was thinking half a glass of wine should be fine, but maybe I should go with even 1/4 glass? Would that even do anything? Maybe I man should just just drink a whole (moderately sized) glass. Idk. And I do not have a problem stopping drinking once they've set a limit EVEN on higher doses of xanax (unless I'm blacked out which I will not be at this dosage). I have a high tolerance to xanax 3.75 mg is a pretty standard dosage for that Me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oy, I love posts like this. First off, I see you're brand new around here, but we don't use SWIM. No need to hide behind it - we all know it's you, plus it's against BL policy. Second, how are any of us supposed to know what your tolerance to certain substances are? If you must drink and take that hefty a dose of Xanax, did it occur to you to maybe start with just a sip or two of wine to avoid becoming a drooling mess on the floor? And keep in mind while you may feel alcohol immediately, it takes, as a rule of thumb, about half an hour for the full effect of what you just drank to kick in.

Hey man I swear this is all for Me lmao, but thanks for the advice that last bit was very helpful. Ill take a couple shallow sips rn, see how Im feelin for that half hour, and if I dont get my desired effect after that half hour Ill drink just a bit more based on how the first two sips made me feel and I should be good to go. Thanks again for your input brother!

Last edited by a moderator:
That's the problem with Xanax and benzo type drugs is tolerance. Over time, you get used to it and that little amount goes bigger and bigger in order to get the same effects. Be careful mixing with alcohol because not only is your risk higher for blackouts but you could also overdose from CNS depression.

(I'm editing the swim from your post as this is not permitted on Bluelight. Please just speak in first person)