• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Xanax and Alcohol

Justhavingfun20172

Greenlighter
Ok so I read that drinking and xanax is extremely dangerous. But is it still dangerous to drink say 24 hours after taking no more than 2 mg of xanax with a mild tolerance. I researched and couldn't find a answer to that specific question. I use this site alot and thanks for the replies maybe somebody else can fond this useful later on down the road. Want any more details just ask thank you.

You can drink, since xanax is a fast-acting med. Xanax should be fairly cleared out of your system at about the 18 hour mark.

24 hours should be plenty of time. This isn't inherently dangerous, but you always need to practice caution with this combination, so kudos.

I drink when i take xanax all lol the time I LOVE IT! It intensify
S it and gets you more high.

Just don't stack the peaks, or anything close. 24 hours is probably enough time.

I don't recommend alcohol ingesting with any benzo or hypnotic substance because it enhances the relaxation effect, this is a very dangerous way to f*ck up your life, always try to wait few hours to do it, like 8-12.

The faster is the action of the substance in your organism, the less time you need to wait to drink.

I know a lot of people who like to drink when taking Xanax but I wouldn't recommend it! It can kill you real quick!
But as far as 24 hours after taking 2mg of Xanax.... You should be fine. Still be careful and be safe!
When I was younger and in high school my thing was Vicodin, Xanax (.5mg footballs,) Ambien and Alcohol. Most of the time I did them all together too.
But I OD'd three times from mixing those two.... I don't know how I made it through those times.

Wow guys thanks for all the replies. So let me ask this one. How much zanax do think I could take and how often to not experience any dangerous wd's. I'm sitting on 7 bars wanting to sleep real good but scared shitless to touch them because of the wd's i heard of.

You can definitely drink 24 hours after taking xanax. If you drink while on xanax it will double or Intensify the effects. Be careful and use good judgement when mixing drugs and alcohol.

Wow guys thanks for all the replies. So let me ask this one. How much zanax do think I could take and how often to not experience any dangerous wd's. I'm sitting on 7 bars wanting to sleep real good but scared shitless to touch them because of the wd's i heard of.

There isn't a set amount that effects everyone the same, but for me regarding Alprazolam, 2mg twice to three times a week is enough to have mild W/D symptoms after 4-6 weeks. Even if they're not dangerous W/D's they can still be unpleasant and anxiety inducing. It seems to wear down on me after a while as well, leaving me irritated and snappy at people after minor triggers, where I would normally just brush it off.

I would consider dangerous W/D's to begin when abruptly discontinuing use of 2mg everyday for 5 weeks or more, but again this is for me and everyone differs regarding specific amounts. Another factor to remember is that sleep can be less rejuvenating while on Benzos and things like exercise seem to be more beneficial in the long run. Z drugs like Zolpidem (Ambien) or Eszopiclone (Lunesta) are a little better for sleep vs the anxiolytic benzos, but can be problematic if using larger than normal doses. I've done some inexplicable stuff on double the normal dose of ambien, like wake up with some glass cleaner, a pepper shaker and 6 clothespins on my nightstand but no memory regarding the why or when (sleep walking is an issue too) , I will spare you the less than amusing dangerous stuff that has occurred.

If you drink alcohol with Benzo's.... Especially Xanax = Blackout central!

Last edited: