• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Xanax and alcohol

Status
Not open for further replies.

breebreebree

Greenlighter
A friend has drank a couple shots of vodka and taken 90mg xanax. I don't know where he is and got a goodbye text. what will happen if he is not found? can he move or think after this? I heard people will throw up or just wake up is that true

90mg's??? That is a ridiculously large dose of xanax! I hope that's a typo...
by mixing with alcohol your friend is almost certainly in a blacked out state and is probably in severe respiratory danger. This could potentially be a suicide attempt. I would strongly suggest you do whatever it takes to find him and get him help immediately.

^+1
For someone who takes 1 mg per day (around what I'd expect to be the average), that's a 3-month supply. This is serious.

Throw up or wake up??? The more real possibility is he won't wake up at ALL.

Instead of posting here, if he actually took 90 mg of xanax and is drinking, AND sent you a good bye text, you need to be blowing up his phone, everybody he knows phone, or checking everywhere he could possibly be. He needs medical attention at this point, or you probably won't have your friend tomorrow. I don't ever advocate calling authorities normally but in this case it could be life or death. A pissed off friend in hospital is better than a dead friend in a casket.

yes I am trying, but also wondering if he will be ok because I can't bear the thought of him being a vegetable or something so I am reading all about it

By themselves, they won't kill you, but mixing them with other CNS depressents (alcohol and opiates especially) is very dangerous. At these doses, quite possibly fatal.
edit: Where on reddit are you hearing this?

would a couple shots be enough to do that? ive been seeing that answer from drug users who say its not a suicide drug so i'm thinking he will be ok?

It depends on your tolerance, but mixing 90 mg of xanax with any CNS depressant can easily be deadly.

EMS person here:

This guy is in serious danger. It's more that the Xanax will add to the ETOH-based CNS depression, which does affect breathing and can be lethal even without a benzodiazepine. He needs a paramedic right now, he needs to be intubated, and I'll be honest it still doesn't sound like it'll have a good ending even if he gets help now. Get that dude some help. Call 911 and have them do a welfare check, they can ping his phone and find him. Don't worry about whether he's mad at you, just get him some help like right now.

Unit 552 out.

Xanax alone is not a suicide drug, but Benzos mixed with alcohol very quickly becomes a dangerous combination bevause they are both central nervous system depressants. Basically you fall asleep and quit breathing, very similar to a heroin overdose.

Not to mention all the possibilities of benzo/alcohol induced madness with potential self harm.

thanks starmedic I will tell them to ping his phone. he only had 2 shots so i'm hoping it doesnt affect cns depression. honestly just think death is better than damage at this point

If you get him the help he needs, he will not be damaged. The damage would come from lack of oxygen to the brain.

Death is never a better option.

Yes. All the more reason to quit asking questions about it and do all within your power to find and him them ASAP before it happens.

90mgs of xanax could be a fatal dose in itself, but then mixed with alcohol...
i'm very sorry for you OP, i hope your friend is found safe and well.

Status
Not open for further replies.