• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

xanax and adderall? cancel each other out?

dsa123

Greenlighter
I took .5 of xanax 3 hours before taking adderall. Im not feeling the adderall effects i normally do. Could it be because i took the xanax beforehand? Any input would be appreciated! Thanks in advanced!

to do what? i took the xanax earlier not planning on taking adderall but realized i had a test to study for so i took the adderall

No, they don't cancel each other out. These two classes, Amphetamines and Benzodiazepines, work upon completely different systems in the body. It's, however, a fact that one of these drugs is a CNS depressant and the other is a CNS stimulant, so they will, to a certain degree, nullify each other. It's not uncommon for users of Amphetamines, including myself, to take Benzodiazepines to take the edge off. A little bit of Benzodiazepine can be great for reducing the anxiety and tension associated with stimulant use.

You might have the feeling that your stimulants are not working as powerfully as they normally would. This is a normal reaction, but if you prefer Amphetamines without Benzodiazepines, that's going to be a matter of preference.

I love this combo.
I used to take 100mg temazepam whit 60mg methylfenidate and it just feels perfect.
the ritalin keeps you awake and clear minded and the temazepam helps whit the bad side effect from the ritalin.
+ the euphorea is a lot better if combined.
Just take 2mg xanax and 60mg adderal redose one or the other if needed belief me you will love this

Ye they cancel eachother out to some extend as xanax reduce noradrenergic and dopaminergic neurotransmission.

I can take higher doses of stimulants and higher doses of benzo's when combined.

Adderall and Xanax negate each other's effects. Taking Xanax on an adderall crash feels nice though. If you ever happen to overdose on adderall, Xanax can stop it, just btw.

taking benzos and adderall at the same time in my experience is definitely not gonna give you the same benzo-or downer alone effect or the alone addy effect. i would say save the downers for the adderall crash so you get the best of both worlds and also clearly don't have to deal with the inevitable crash

their effects might be blurred and blunted, but they're still there.
be careful, although its not the exact same thing but that's what kills people when they speedball - thinking the effects have just vanished.