• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos Xanax/Alzprazolam Questions

SpareRib

Bluelighter
I am new to using xanax and can use some guidance. First off, I don't know how much to take. I've tried it 3 times already, taking 1mg each time. Each time I just pass the fuck out and fall asleep.

What is so recreational about using xanax? Does it just help you sleep or r is there other effects? Was 1mg the appropriate dosage? I'm wondering if I was tired because I took too much.

Does xanax potentiate or enhance oxycodone? I read that it can be dangerous due to respiratory depression. What about in smaller doses?

TIA!

I think your probably tired because you took to little of an amout. For me if I take less than a bar I’m sleepy but if I take more than a bar I’m chilled out and not tired

Hello,

Considering that you have such a small tolerance you should only dose 0.25mg at first and after a few times if it's not pleasing you, you can up the dose to 0.5mg.

Xanax isn't inteded as a sleep aid, it's use is mainly for anxiety and panick attacks among other things.

For anxious persons this substance is usually a normalizer so they don't feel sleepy or "high" from it. If you are looking for something very euphoric like oxy, xanax is not the drug. You are right about the respiratory depression, plus if you say that you just pass out, you would be wasting your oxy without even enjoying the nod.

If you'll ever combine them please use a smaller dose of oxy than you usually do and a small dose of xanax, like I said start off with 0.25mg. But if I were you I would avoid this as oxy is a pretty strong opioid and it depresses the respiratory system quite much on it's own.

Hello,

Considering that you have such a small tolerance you should only dose 0.25mg at first and after a few times if it's not pleasing you, you can up the dose to 0.5mg.

Xanax isn't inteded as a sleep aid, it's use is mainly for anxiety and panick attacks among other things.

For anxious persons this substance is usually a normalizer so they don't feel sleepy or "high" from it. If you are looking for something very euphoric like oxy, xanax is not the drug. You are right about the respiratory depression, plus if you say that you just pass out, you would be wasting your oxy without even enjoying the nod.

If you'll ever combine them please use a smaller dose of oxy than you usually do and a small dose of xanax, like I said start off with 0.25mg. But if I were you I would avoid this as oxy is a pretty strong opioid and it depresses the respiratory system quite much on it's own.
All great advice, thank you! I will try a smaller dosage of xanax. I haven't combined xanax and oxy yet but your point is well taken.

Basically you can see it like this: benzos (they are all different between them but they do their job) tend to reset or flat Emotions also sending away paranoia, stress and maybe angry. If you are not a person with sleep disorder, anxiety or coming down from other substances (there you will understand their real potential) you don't really need them unless for some reasons you are already kinda of addicted to them.
I usually take them max 2 times/week maybe on the weekends to melt the stress down and usually smoke son green on it, this usually send away the anxiety and paranoia of weed also making it less psychedelic IMO.

Better use them in days with great stress, so from a medical point of view than recreational IMO.