• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Xanax advice

What is TID? Yes, I understand. From what I've read elsewhere, two weeks of usage, and then discontinuing appears safe. The doctor also advised me not to worry, and just to use it while only getting through this period.
TID is 3x per day. BID is 2x a day and QID is 4x a day in medical language. I'd say use it only when needed and take a day off after 2 days of use. I've noticed using benzos for 3 days or 72 hours my body gets used to it thus making it harder NOT to take another pill. With Xanax, tolerance skyrockets in a short time and being a short acting benzo it doesn't last more than 4-6 hours for effect. It stays in your system for 3-4 days on a test. I started taking Xanax at 18. The doc started me at .5 mg 3 times at day or TID which makes sense due to the pill lasting around 4 hours so 3 pills 12 hours than wind down to go to sleep. The next day it starts all over but with time tolerance develops. Than the doc raised the dose to 1 mg TID which was 90 pills a month. Than 2 mg 3 times a day till he said " O there is a new type of xanax extended release you can add to your current dose if you want"? So I started taking 1 mg xanax er too. It last 12 hours. So now I was on both types. This lasted a year till I gave a dirty urine for weed and he cut me off with 1 refill to detox. Keep in mind this is 20+ years ago. I still take klonipin which last longer than xanax. But i wish I never started taking any of em. Just remember this cuz I do care.