L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Wtf I just proposed by sms

phatass

Bluelighter
I've been meaning to get my life sorted (working and limiting my drug use amongst other things) before i made my proposal but I don't want to waste more time.

Maybe you should do a more official proposal?
After my partner and I got engaged, basically EVERYONE asked "how did he do it". Oh gosh. Besides that fact that the question is VERY annoying, you still want to have something to say. "By SMS" just doesn't sound great.

I proposed under central park bethesda terrace with no one else around other than a man playing the cello. You can borrow that story when her grandmother asks you how did you guys propose.

i'm not going to judge, phatass, as what's right for some isn't for others but it could be seen as remarkably thoughtless and not very romantic...

i think it's probably the most important questions you'll ever ask. why did you decide to do it over such an impersonal medium? what did she say?

alasdair

Man, congrats and all that, but slouched on the sofa (probably on drugs) and proposing via text - I imagine your significant other will think that you are just slouched on the sofa (probably on drugs) by sending such a text.

I have no idea what your girl is like (if they are in fact a girl), but a ring, down on one knee at a 'romantic & special place' that you share usually works a treat and gets many people saying 'yes'.

If I had an ugly g/f I might consider proposing by text, so as not to remind me the rest of my life was ruined. That's the spirit, right?

I've been meaning to get my life sorted (working and limiting my drug use amongst other things) before i made my proposal but I don't want to waste more time.

If you really cared about the girl then you would put more thought and effort into getting clean and then a half way proper proposal.

Maybe he values drugs more. That's why he text, he was busy scoring.

He wants a meaningful relationship, with a reliable heroin dealer :D

^ Maybe that's what it is - a proposal to a dealer, then half of everything is his, right?

i'm not going to judge, phatass, as what's right for some isn't for others but it could be seen as remarkably thoughtless and not very romantic...

i think it's probably the most important questions you'll ever ask. why did you decide to do it over such an impersonal medium? what did she say?

alasdair

We talked in person soon after... she let me down gently but it still hurts like hell

^ exactly my point. If this gentleman is willing to propose over text, then I'd imagine his idea of a romantic dinner would be a Big Mac washed down with a litre of Sprite.